August 17, 2016, 10:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

This.

He was beaten in the air every time last night, fair dos the bloke he was up against was a big fella. Bogle got frustrated and kept moaning and indicating he wanted the ball on his chest. This necessitated him playing with his back to goal and meant he had to try to hold the ball up but his first touch, be it chest or to feet is awful, the ball just runs away from him

The guy had his arms all over Bogle.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Mariner_09
August 17, 2016, 11:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I was surprised when Pearson wasn't picked at the start of the season and I now think he needs to come back into the side, we are missing Toto badly, we lack his athleticism and his quality on the ball (which was most of the time very composed) and also the fact Pearson, Gowling and McKeown know him well.

Well done Boycie for facing the music and accepting he was poor, in my opinion we must pick a back 4 in particular and stick with it, whereby achieving cohesion, we can see the defenders are all good players individually and if played together they will become a unit with McAllister in front should be solid. Need a set system and a front pairing or lone man. Podge and Omar became intrinsic together and Gowling and Toto complimented one another well and before Halifax looked incredibly solid. After that he messed around with it and we lost cohesion.

Just watched highlights and suggested to me when we played football we caused them as many problems as they caused us, two or three really good saves by Macca too. However, Macca needs to learn when to come and when not to, often he comes and collects or flaps at it and misses completely, I've nevet seen him punch properly. Summerfield gets knocked off the ball too easily and Bogle and Jackson showed signs of relationship brewing.

Hopefully Saturday will produce and win and clean sheet, two things we definitely need. Orient haven't exactly set the world on fire and may well be a decent opposition to restart the season.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
Ipswin
August 18, 2016, 7:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The guy had his arms all over Bogle.

But thats what (good) centre backs do

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
Tommy
August 18, 2016, 9:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Ipswin's got a point I think. You don't get points for fair play and being nice guys. We need to have a bit of gamesmanship about us and get away with what you can get away with within the laws of the game and within what you know referees will/won't give.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2016, 8:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I suppose he does but with that ref the other way round we would've been penalised.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.