5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 17, 2016, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
That non decision for the penalty is appalling.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Ipswin
August 17, 2016, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Just seen the highlights, how the intercourse was that not a penalty?!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

I think if Bogle hadn't dramatised it so much by diving into the net (double instead of triple somersault perhaps) he might have got it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Ipswin
August 17, 2016, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
The ref bottled that big time, free header he would of had on goal and clearly barged in the back anywhere else on the pitch and it would of been a freekick. Again refs are excrement even as we move up a league.

Oh sh!t we're not down to blaming refs again already are we?

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Les Brechin
August 17, 2016, 10:37am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Not putting the blame on the lino at all but how can you have someone who can't even keep up with play for most of the time as as assistant referee. He missed 3 blatant offsides in that first half!

Thing is though you can't expect to play like we did in the first half last night and expect to take anything from the game, having said that if the ref had awarded the penalty for the push on Bogle, who knows what would have happened.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 17, 2016, 10:46am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh sh!t we're not down to blaming refs again already are we?

Do you think it was a penalty ? I think it cost us a point in the end to be honest.

No excuse for first half at all,  but you would think it would of been given.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
chaos33
August 17, 2016, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Ipswin

I think if Bogle hadn't dramatised it so much by diving into the net (double instead of triple somersault perhaps) he might have got it

Get real. He's on the move to head the ball into an empty net and he clearly gets a hefty shove. The laws of physics would have to be strangely absent for him not to tumble into the goal.
Don't suppose your remarks could have been influenced by your oft-repeated generally critical view of Bogle could they?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Golden fox
August 17, 2016, 11:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Wouldn't disagree with much that has been written here , similiar to my views on the game last night . It's becoming painfully obvious we need a commanding CB preferably also mobile - Looking at the two Colchester centre halfs they were towering 6'4-6'5 lumps who won everything in the air . Interestingly so far we havnt really come up against a genuinely quick striker just large target men type who have bullied mainly Boyce .                                                                    Another real issue  last night IMO  was Macca first half , Colchester had obviously done their homework regards looping balls into the box onto him . They could have scored at least two more with  high looping  crosses into the box which he couldn't command , it's a big learning curve for everyone including Paul and we are  going to have to learn quick . Two to six points in the next home games should be satisfactory even if we have to 'dog out ' a couple of nil-nils . Keep the faith . UTMM Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
RoboCod
August 17, 2016, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from chaos33

Don't suppose your remarks could have been influenced by your oft-repeated generally critical view of Bogle could they?

Bingo!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
TheRealJohnLewis
August 17, 2016, 12:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Bogle, for me was my MoM, apart from the last 10 mins when he faded, I thought he work rate and hold up play were excellent.  He chased everything down and some of his touches and lay offs were brilliant.  The last 10-15 minutes you could see he was tiring, and probably should have been taken off if we had had any subs left.  However he got a lucky goal.

First half terrible, and we were lucky not to be 4-6 nil down.  2nd half i thought be played better but we still didn't look like the better team, but with Disley's early goal and Bogle's late strike we managed to reduce the impact.  3-2 scoreline flattered us and doesn't really show how much of a one sided match it was.

The main worry for me is our centre midfielders, when Colly had the ball in midfield, they had acres of space to take the ball forward or pick a pass.  Where as we we had the ball in midfield, the only thing we did was either pass it to the defence or lump it forward, hoping Bogle would hold it up or Jackson would break through. Is this down to them pressing better than us or they have better midfielder, i don't know.

I honestly thought that we could push on for a playoff place this season, but i think i need to reassess my expectations and i'll be happy with anything other than relegation.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Ipswin
August 17, 2016, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Probably I think he's sh!te

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.