This thread currently has 4,356 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Grimbiggs
July 30, 2016, 12:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
I'm sorry to say it, i think money played a part in both Toto and Amond going, i don't think even if we'd offered podge a 2-year deal at the end of the season he'd have stayed. I think their reasons are just smoke and mirrors behind the real motivation. Hartlepool obviously have a decent budget, and if somebody offered you £300 a week more, what would you do? You've just got to thank them for what they did in the past, and whilst they're proving difficult to replace (together with Nolan), you've got to put a line through it. Of the others East and Clay could of still played bit parts, together with Arnold, they however weren't offered contracts, but probably deserved another year, whilst Nathan decided to move on. Time will tell how good their replacements are, lets be positive and just wait and see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
Bigdog
July 30, 2016, 12:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Grimbiggs
I'm sorry to say it, i think money played a part in both Toto and Amond going, i don't think even if we'd offered podge a 2-year deal at the end of the season he'd have stayed. I think their reasons are just smoke and mirrors behind the real motivation. Hartlepool obviously have a decent budget, and if somebody offered you £300 a week more, what would you do? You've just got to thank them for what they did in the past, and whilst they're proving difficult to replace (together with Nolan), you've got to put a line through it. Of the others East and Clay could of still played bit parts, together with Arnold, they however weren't offered contracts, but probably deserved another year, whilst Nathan decided to move on. Time will tell how good their replacements are, lets be positive and just wait and see.

It was more than that..

Hartlepool have taken a massive risk budget wise for Amond that I wouldn't have wanted PH to do. Think we'll be better balanced with Bogle, Vernon and Jackson..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
golfer
July 30, 2016, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Cloudy
"We hear of take it or leave it offers" Do you? Where, down the pub or the docks?

Amond clearly didn't want to negotiate, silence for a month and not returning calls from the Club. Think he made his mind up once his pal Toto was going. Don't think Town let him go think he went of his own accord.
As far as I am aware, JF and the board give PH a budget and he splits it how he chooses, I.e. £1000 pw for his first choice striker, £600 for a wide midfielder, £250 for a young pro and if he saves a little on one spot he has a little more room for another. Provided the spend is within budget then the board let the manager get on with it, and so they should, no manager at our level would put up with interference on who they can sign and who they cant

If only we knew the facts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contracts and squad rebuild

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.