Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,369 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
June 27, 2016, 2:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from grimsby pete

No Rob a deal will be done without having to agree to free movement.

No it won't. The reason why is because the EU know that if they give us this deal then another handful of countries will look to exit and get the same deal. Obviously they are not going to do this because their agenda is to keep the EU together. They are ultimately more interested in keeping the EU together than keeping German Car Manufacturers happy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 356
golfer
June 27, 2016, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GrimRob

There should be a new referendum with three choices when the new deal is reached:

1, Remain as we are now
2. Accept the new deal
3. Reject the new deal

Do an Irish deal ? Keep having a vote until the minority win ? Sounds fair to me !  We all eventually have at least 1 win.  Brilliant. We could bring this rule into football If we are winning at 90 minutes blow the whistle if not have a replay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 356
golfer
June 27, 2016, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from horsforthmariner
One thing I believe is that if it does go to pot and the Government is forced to make cuts it should be pensions and winter fuel allowance should be first to face cuts - I don't see why young people should have to pay for the decisions of the old.

This is why we only have grownups in charge and teachers are normally a little cleverer than the children they teach. Go sit on the naughty step.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 356
Bawmariner
June 27, 2016, 5:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +336
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete

Its you who is living in dream world if you think we have come out the EU and the few benefits it gives us,

To then say , I know we came out because we wanted to control immigration only to agree to except free movement,,

What have you been drinking or are you not old enough to drink ?

Cheers

Not sure if you've been watching the news but most politicians are saying remaining in the single market is the most important issue even if that means that immigration cannot be controlled. Most people are taking about an emergency break which I may be wrong but I thought this was already in place as a member of the EU.

At the end of the day unless we impose passport controls between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK we don't have a chance of stopping freedom of movement. I can't see that going down well in N.Ireland especially when they voted to remain part of the EU.

One thing people never seem to mention is that our contributions to the EU are making places like Romania a more developed country. Therefore as living standards converge there is less demand to emigrate to the UK. People talk about Poland but it is a fairly developed country today. In fact parts of Western Poland are becoming better off than parts of East Germany as people are choosing to invest in Poland due to higher growth rates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 356
Marinerz93
June 27, 2016, 5:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from mariner91

Well no excrement sherlock it's bigger as it includes India but some of them are among the poorest countries in the world. Zambia has a population size roughly equivalent to that of the Netherlands but it has an economy less than 10% of the Netherlands. I know who I'd rather be trading with especially when one is just across a small stretch of water and the other is in the southern hemisphere.

If I'm Sherlock then you must be Watson, I know furniture company that buys wooden furniture from India at a fraction of the cost it can get it from the EU, a deal with poor countries lifts more than few out of poverty and in turn that country relies less on aid. We also used to buy all sorts of products and food from the common wealth, they have suffered because of the EU.

Try thinking outside the box, remainers are so narrow minded, trading with the world is like shopping at a supermarket, if your happy with the corner shop and it's limited and pricey stock you'll never know the difference unless you venture further than the end of the street.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 356
Bawmariner
June 27, 2016, 5:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +336
Quoted from Marinerz93

If I'm Sherlock then you must be Watson, I know furniture company that buys wooden furniture from India at a fraction of the cost it can get it from the EU, a deal with poor countries lifts more than few out of poverty and in turn that country relies less on aid. We also used to buy all sorts of products and food from the common wealth, they have suffered because of the EU.

Try thinking outside the box, remainers are so narrow minded, trading with the world is like shopping at a supermarket, if your happy with the corner shop and it's limited and pricey stock you'll never know the difference unless you venture further than the end of the street.

Sorry you don't know what you are on about. One of the reasons Africa has performed so poorly economically is due to trade with former colonial countries instead of trading among themselves. You talk about cheap wood from India. Do you think this industry is sustainable, do you think the local population makes a lot from cheap wood?

By trading with these countries we import cheap primary products (eg. wood, coffee etc.) which have highly fluctuating prices meaning that there is a huge amount of uncertainty within their economy which deters investment. In return the wealthy of the less developed country simply import manufactured goods meaning that the country never develops a manufacturing industry (how China developed) as they can't compete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 356
Maringer
June 27, 2016, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Marinerz93

If I'm Sherlock then you must be Watson, I know furniture company that buys wooden furniture from India at a fraction of the cost it can get it from the EU, a deal with poor countries lifts more than few out of poverty and in turn that country relies less on aid.

And tough crap to any British furniture makers, I suppose.

Regarding trade with Commonwealth countries, there certainly is plenty still (loads of beans and baby corn from Kenya, for example), but the main point is that they are all very far away. If we need to buy things other than foodstuffs, we're generally buying them from EU countries which are on our doorstep. We're not going to be buying much in the way of technology and hardware from the commonwealth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 356
Marinerz93
June 27, 2016, 5:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from ginnywings

So, you only understand democracy if you voted to leave? Thanks, that's obviously where I went wrong with voting remain. Damn!

I'm all ears if you can tell what is democratic about how the EU works.

The only politicians who have stated that the EU is undemocratic is the leave campaign, why didn't the remain campaign challenge that statement?

Do you know the difference between federalism and democracy?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 356
ginnywings
June 27, 2016, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'm all ears if you can tell what is democratic about how the EU works.

The only politicians who have stated that the EU is undemocratic is the leave campaign, why didn't the remain campaign challenge that statement?

Do you know the difference between federalism and democracy?

Obviously not but I'm a dumb remainer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 356
jonnyboy82
June 27, 2016, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
At least cameron has done one.

But if boris johnson gets his hands on 10 downing street then god help us.

Has politics ever been in such a bad way boris johnson and jeremy corbyn are actually embarrasing for our country.

Its sad to think our country has no one who could really take it forward into the modern era and arguably the most important next few years in history and this decision has to be made in 3 months. Frightening really.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.