Marinerz93
May 5, 2016, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Dear John,

I going to write quite a detailed summary of tonight's game but they say a picture is worth a thousand words so here is your picture

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5lrdq7Q.gif[/img]

That's right John, in case you missed the match watching the drone over the main stand, tonight's game was shitter than excrement, a whole new level of brown dank goop. It's been the same excrement for weeks if not months. I was wondering if Hurst is left handed as all he wanted to us to do is lump it up to left for Monkhouse to nod it to their players.

You maybe could come to some agreement with the allotment holders up at peaks parkway and offer them the 20 foot strip of grass that Hurst avoids in front of the Findus or get a few goats to save the groundsman from burning out, you never know, we might find a goat or two that can turn in more of a performance than Hoban and Monkhouse.

No width, no imagination, no plan b, no drive and determination, and a manager who is sucking the life out of this club.

It's about time you got to grips with this club or hand it over to someone who has the spirit and drive to succeed.

It may only be half time in the fixture but tonight it seemed either the players didn't want it or Hurst doesn't have a clue.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
friskneymariner
May 5, 2016, 10:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Please Mr Fenty ,explain to us after tonight how you can still support P.H.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
IlkleyMariner
May 5, 2016, 10:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
The only question is should we sack PH in the morning or after our fate is settled.

He does not have the ability to take us further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
dapperz fun pub
May 5, 2016, 10:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
The villagers saw the season slipping away and acted we on the other hand persist with clueless  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
denni266
May 5, 2016, 10:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
sack him now , not in the morning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
jaymariner
May 5, 2016, 10:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
I am starting to think that Fenty and co. are actually happy to be in this league and maybe aren't as desperate as we fans are to get back in the football league. We win a majority of games no matter how excrement we are and we are always at the right end of the table which keeps attendances at a pretty nice average thus keeping the club ticking over and we also get a fair bit of TV exposure in this league with being a bigger fish. IMO Fenty has found his perfect manager in Hurst as he is a nearly man. My worry is  he will only sack him is if attendances start to drastically fall and this would mean we will be starting next season with Hurst in charge  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Garth
May 5, 2016, 11:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from jaymariner
I am starting to think that Fenty and co. are actually happy to be in this league and maybe aren't as desperate as we fans are to get back in the football league. We win a majority of games no matter how excrement we are and we are always at the right end of the table which keeps attendances at a pretty nice average thus keeping the club ticking over and we also get a fair bit of TV exposure in this league with being a bigger fish. IMO Fenty has found his perfect manager in Hurst as he is a nearly man. My worry is  he will only sack him is if attendances start to drastically fall and this would mean we will be starting next season with Hurst in charge  

Doubt it, there comes a time in all clubs where the manager,  however hard he works falls short of the expectations of the fans and the board, to continue with this state of play for any length of time is no good for anybody and I feel that if we fail to win this play off on Sunday there has to be some tough decisions to be made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
tonyfordsmicrofro
May 5, 2016, 11:26pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Hi John. (GYFR)

I've been reading your posts on this forum, a fans forum with interest over the weeks. Taken on board all of your points regarding getting behind the team, show your support etc etc. I did just that tonight, I paid for a ticket and sat amongst the other 4,500 or so Town fans, who did their bit and got behind the team. This is the first time I have done this (as a paying customer) since we lost to Macclesfield with a sorry whimper back in September or whenever it was. I walked out of that game annoyed knowing that it would be the same old excrement all over again.

Do the right thing please and get rid of Hurst. I won't be going back if he's in charge next season. Which, I'm afraid to say will be non league.

If any players or managers are reading this and I've touched a nerve. I don't care. Prove me wrong.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
Jaws
May 5, 2016, 11:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I'd like to see the telegraph kept away from the team. I'm sick of our players being made to feel celebrity/superstar like by having interviews what seems every week. Sick of these 'rallying calls' for the fans to get behind the team, time and time again, only to have a half-arsed limp performance. It's almost like they're running a racket to get as many lots of £18 as they can.

Let me get this straight, I care not for a single word that comes out of the club until we are in the Football League. You can tell me anything but as long as we're playing teams of butchers,bakers and candle-stick makers then do your talking with your feet.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
1mickylyons
May 6, 2016, 7:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Just leave and take your clueless tactically inept Yorkshire friend with you.That`s all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.