kevikov
May 6, 2016, 10:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from oochiad
If we manage to overcome Braintree and win the final (massive if) the worrying thing is Fenty would keep Hurst as manager.........

UTM

Equally as worrying is that if we don't he's likely to stick with him too!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2016, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from kevikov

Equally as worrying is that if we don't he's likely to stick with him too!

Let's see what Sunday brings but more Hurst in this league would cause a shitstorm financially.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
davmariner
May 6, 2016, 11:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Fenty needs to line-up another manager quickly if Hurst fails on Sunday. Time for him to go.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
KingstonMariner
May 6, 2016, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from oochiad
If we manage to overcome Braintree and win the final (massive if) the worrying thing is Fenty would keep Hurst as manager.........

UTM

I honestly think he's the wrong manager for this division, but if he did get us up I'd have confidence we won't get relegated on his watch.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
Hertsmariner
May 7, 2016, 4:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I emphasise at the outset that I don't write here to apportion blame, only to reflect with sadness that it always seems to 'end the same' with a collective failure of players and management. I've had a season ticket for the last 3 years despite having to make a round trip of 310 miles to see each home game-and I see around half the games at BP each season. Caught up in the general enthusiasm of last summer, I also contributed generously to the Operation Promotion campaign. I was born in Cleethorpes almost 70 years ago and Town have always been my club even though I lived in Manchester for 4 years and ever since in close proximity to London, where Arsenal or Tottenham would be the more natural stadiums for me to attend. However, as my 70th birthday approaches, I have decided with a very heavy heart, 'enough is enough'. For months now, I have watched poor performances from Town at Blundell Park, almost totally devoid of entertainment value, and I can no longer justify the time and expense of watching these games. Of course, I wish the club well and hope they survive and prosper, and yet I fear they are already embarked on a long descent into further mediocrity. I think I have watched my last game in Cleethorpes, and I'm sorry for that..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
monkeyboy
May 7, 2016, 5:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
It's not John fault. It's down to the chairman!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Rik e B
May 7, 2016, 5:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Sorry to hear the Herts but it's a big ask from you so understand. Hopefully a moment of magic can knock the trajectory of our history in a vastly more positive direction tomorrow. It's a massive crossroads if the players just realise and put on the performance of their lives to change our course (and follow it up in final of course).

And oochiad that's the least of my worries, not going up  fully consumes my worry bank! It's almost hoping we don't go up so make sure get rid of Hurst mentality which absolute craziness... I'd much rather be a League Two outfit -Hurst can be given the boot a few games in if the same old negative crap continues.

Some would say that's harsh but it's about going to next level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
grimsby pete
May 7, 2016, 5:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I honestly think he's the wrong manager for this division, but if he did get us up I'd have confidence we won't get relegated on his watch.

I agree he is wrong for this division,

He should be manager of Rotherham.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
friskneymariner
May 7, 2016, 6:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Sorry to hear that Herts ,although I do not travel nearly as far as you I do make a 100 mile round trip every match.

I have to agree Paul Hurst has sucked away any enjoyment6 I get from watching Town,cannot remember one enjoyable game this season,I am now attending through habit rather than inclination.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
Mariners_15
May 7, 2016, 6:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner
Fenty needs to line-up another manager quickly if Hurst fails on Sunday. Time for him to go.

You would have thought we'd have names in mind but knowing this current regime they probably won't have a clue. The sensible thing is to always keep one eye on other managers you like and any other management movements as you never know what's round the corner. Like I say I have little to no faith in this regime tho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.