5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2016, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Paul Hurst said pre-match that they had been working on lessons learned a fortnight ago. Well he wasted his time.

Once again, like for like subs, like for like performances, like for like result. Paul has all the personality and passion of a wet night in Rotherham. All change!
Private Message
grimps
May 5, 2016, 9:17pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,144
Gold Stars: 46
Half the problem is the daft happy clappers on here still giving Hurst the time of day , he's been a consistent failure since arriving here and the bottom wipes still hang off his every word . Hurst out now and give us a slight chance on Sunday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
Jaws
May 5, 2016, 9:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
BT summed it up 'no plan B'
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
Swansea_Mariner
May 5, 2016, 9:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
From the moment the changes were made the ref might have well just blown up.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
crusty ole pie
May 5, 2016, 9:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Look at the bench two reject strikers and three defenders why the intercourse was clay not included I will never know.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
bluerose13x
May 5, 2016, 9:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Braintree the only side we failed to score against in the league this season. Surly Hurst had a plan "B" to solve that tonight...?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
OllieGTFC
May 5, 2016, 9:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Huff Huff Huff !!! Where's the ball gone ?

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
ginnywings
May 5, 2016, 9:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
From the moment the changes were made the ref might have well just blown up.  

This.

We just seemed to give up and accept our fate. We should have got a charge on for the last 20, but fook all happenened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 5, 2016, 10:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
A good manager gets the most of his team. See under Ranieri, C and Crowley, D.

For me the result that typifies the Hurst (and the other one) regime was the first ever game we had against Braintree. Lots of people criticise the Woods team and lots of people criticised his squad. But they were never beaten 5-0.

Lots of Hurst (and Scott's apologists) say it was early days and it was still largely Woods squad. Maybe, but I saw no evidence of an improvement with the same resources. To me that early impression was the bell weather for Hurst. Over 5 years we've not improved enough.

One of the big pluses to the Hurst regime was supposed to be team spirit. And at times that had been true. That was sadly lacking tonight.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
golfer
May 5, 2016, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Look at the bench two reject strikers and three defenders why the intercourse was clay not included I will never know.

he wasn,t included because if we,d won it would have made him look a bigger tw*t for not playing him before.All these results since January, inc. Gateshead, Halifax etc. must surely prove a point. How can a teams confidence dive so dramatically. I hope hes gone before the retained list is finalised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
Golden fox
May 5, 2016, 10:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
The SQUAD wasn't reinforced enough for sure just mediocre players , if your going to think about going 'direct ' as Paul says he is at least get the players to do it , seems at times we still play like we have LJL or he wants to play that way but we havnt got the players - even off the bench to change things have a couple of lumps like Trevor Benjamin or Jon Parkin if your wanting to go down that long route .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
jonnyboy82
May 5, 2016, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Mr 4-4-2 lumpituptop has never had a plan b.

And he kept going on all week how they are working on what they have learned playing braintree in the season to make sure mistakes arent repeated , well barry chuckle must have been taking training because that was a joke if you have put any thinking into that tonight.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
oldun
May 5, 2016, 11:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Paul Hurst said pre-match that they had been working on lessons learned a fortnight ago. Well he wasted his time.

Once again, like for like subs, like for like performances, like for like result. Paul has all the personality and passion of a wet night in Rotherham. All change!

There is a saying that if you keep dong things the same way you get the same outcome. Well we played the same way against Brintree as we did a few weeks ago and once again failed to score. PH said in his interview that we do not have a big physical centre forward to aim for up top. Correct so why spend 90 mins launching high balls and crosses onto the heads of Braintree defenders. They just stood there waiting for it, easy.. Not once did anyone actually run at them into their box. Even when we had acres of space to do so we still launch crosses from deep. It was so easy for their defenders to stand and watch us as we passed the ball sideways or backwards. If we were trying to lure them out it clearly failed as they were happy to sit tight at the back. The crazy thing is we all knew that is how they would play but we did not vary our approach at all. Disappointing because a 2-0 lead would have been enough to see us to Wembley.,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Grimal
May 5, 2016, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from grimps
Half the problem is the daft happy clappers on here still giving Hurst the time of day , he's been a consistent failure since arriving here and the bottom wipes still hang off his every word . Hurst out now and give us a slight chance on Sunday

I think you will find the happy clapping finished long ago Grimps.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
Golden fox
May 5, 2016, 11:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
It's strange because at one point he seemed really Keene on us being able to play some sort of 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation , persevering with it all one pre season , but it got shelved never to be seen again. He seems to really enforce keeping "us shape" which is fine without the ball but with it doesn't shift the opposition around much , we look a very rigid team .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
nightrider
May 5, 2016, 11:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Paul said: "I've got a full fit squad to choose from and obviously with that a few decisions to make.

"We've trained every day. Monday was light but after that we've done quite a bit of work on Braintree and what we can do to try and cause them some problems .

"You want a group that are keen and eager to play and there's going to be a few disappointed lads come Thursday night. But at the same time you've got to keep that unity, things can change very quickly, whether you are on the bench, or maybe some-one gets an injury for the second leg.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
RonMariner
May 5, 2016, 11:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
I can't see anyone putting their hand in their pocket for another operation promotion while Hurst is still in charge.

He has to go, no two ways about it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2016, 11:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,987
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from golfer

he wasn,t included because if we,d won it would have made him look a bigger tw*t for not playing him before.All these results since January, inc. Gateshead, Halifax etc. must surely prove a point. How can a teams confidence dive so dramatically. I hope hes gone before the retained list is finalised.

I think Clay me have been carrying a knock, but I would pick him over that scouse fanny dancer Nolan any day.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
arryarryarry
May 5, 2016, 11:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think Clay me have been carrying a knock, but I would pick him over that scouse fanny dancer Nolan any day.

Nolan was by far and away our best player in the first half but faded in the second when we ran out of ideas.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2016, 12:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,987
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

Nolan was by far and away our best player in the first half but faded in the second when we ran out of ideas.

Really??? Is that despite surrendering the ball on half dozen occasions, sitting deep and dwelling on the ball and allowing them to get tight to our offensive players and going into challenges with other Town players to win balls.

If Nolan had the energy, work rate, drive and desire of Richard Tait he would be a half decent player.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
toontown
May 6, 2016, 12:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
I thought Nolan had one of his worst games for town, i also thought Tait looked like he was blowing out his bottom even in the first half.  I can't think of anyone who had a good game tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
arryarryarry
May 6, 2016, 1:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I was told this week that Clay has been told he is on his way come the end of the season.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
bluerose13x
May 6, 2016, 3:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was told this week that Clay has been told he is on his way come the end of the season.

If several of the players from last night had been given the same news then that explains quite a bit ie. not showing up...

Great time to break the news!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
diehardmariner
May 6, 2016, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,671
Gold Stars: 540
I thought Nolan was guilty of trying too much last night, as part of that he found himself down blind alleys and losing possession.  Apart from Tait's crossing from the right, Nolan looked the only way we were ever going to break Braintree down.  

Nolan is a fine player, completely different to anything we've got or even had for the past god knows how many seasons.  He just doesn't fit into our rigid 4-4-2, like many others in the current XI.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
golfer
May 7, 2016, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I wouldn,t include the word  "  dancer  "  otherwise agree entirely.  All those red x,s you got for that comment have got to be Hurst fans and think that this is one of his wise appointments and team selections.All of you take off those rose tinted specs. , face facts and look at the overall  "TEAM  " performances since Nolan replaced Clay.  Even if you think Nolan is the better player [ which I definitely dont  ] you cannot think that his inclusion has done anything to improve the team. Hurst obviously does and a lot of you must support him in his choice.  If you know anything about the game, and are truthful you must admit that a lot of you are wrong.  If you disagree with my comments I would be grateful if you could let me know why our performances have plummeted since the last 20 minutes of that 5-0 home win.  I want Clay to play on Sunday and in 2 Wembley matches this year. If he doesnt play and we lose and Hurst or Doig are here next season there will be 1 less season ticket sold. I want the best for the Town and have always done so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
grimsby pete
May 7, 2016, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from arryarryarry

Has Fenty told Hurst yet ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
golfer
May 7, 2016, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

How can a manager pick next years retained list when he wont be here himself.  I supposed the conversation went  " Look Paul, as you know I have every confidence in your choice of players since those superb acquisitions in the transfer window, therefore for the first time in the clubs history I want you to get rid of certain players before the season finishes and before 2 of the most important matches.  This is bound to give them confidence.  Oh and by the way will you be signing on in Grimsby or Rotherham.  Utter nonsense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
mariner91
May 7, 2016, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from arryarryarry

I sincerely hope not because that would mean PH has been given permission to start planning for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Davec
May 8, 2016, 5:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 42
We all know like it or not Hurst will not be sacked, I want him sacked if we fail to gain promotion but we all know it won't happen

Remember in Fenty's  mind we are punching above our weight

Lee and Susan Mullen still maintain that he's the best manager in the league, and both of them has said on social media that they are happy to win the trophy because that would be consolation to not getting promoted in their opinion.

The entire club from top to bottom lacks ambition
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Rik e B
May 8, 2016, 6:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Consolation? Consolation? Maybe sat in your mansion life's not too bad but here back in the real world....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
MarinerMart
May 8, 2016, 1:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Approval: +209
Maybe Lee and Sue Mullen should realise how many season tickets will be lost if he is still here...maybe not the die hard supporters but definitely those that we gained last summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
Meza
May 8, 2016, 1:39pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Would Lee and Susan be saying the same thing if they weren't on the board....i very much doubt it.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
DickBarton
May 8, 2016, 7:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from grimps

You must be so embarrased using such abusive words. I won't stoop to your level and neither would a decent bloke like PH.

Proud to be a happy clapper

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Rik e B
May 8, 2016, 7:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
For God's Sake don't start taking the high horse.

Let's just stick all this under the bridge till Sunday night ey?

Perhaps it's fired the squads bellies up hearing all downbeat stuff. Listen to Disley in tears over it all.

In any case one game, one promotion slot, one Town.

Any fan in attendance will be willing with all there soul. Think once, twice, three times before taking people's online hidden-behind-a-keyboard outpourings to heart.

Come on!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
DickBarton
May 8, 2016, 7:52pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Rik e B
For God's Sake don't start taking the high horse.

Let's just stick all this under the bridge till Sunday night ey?

Perhaps it's fired the squads bellies up hearing all downbeat stuff. Listen to Disley in tears over it all.

In any case one game, one promotion slot, one Town.

Any fan in attendance will be willing with all there soul. Think once, twice, three times before taking people's online hidden-behind-a-keyboard outpourings to heart.

Come on!!

Wish you had been brave enough to say that to all the abusers Thursday night.
Abuse is harmful as any victim of it will tell you. Some never recover from it. It is destructive not constructive. Again ask a victim!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
MuddyWaters
May 8, 2016, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DickBarton

Abuse is harmful as any victim of it will tell you. Some never recover from it. It is destructive not constructive. Again ask a victim!!!

Just leave it. We weren't good enough on Thursday and, if the net result was that it gave the players a kick up the jacksie then all well and good.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
DickBarton
May 8, 2016, 8:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Just leave it. We weren't good enough on Thursday and, if the net result was that it gave the players a kick up the jacksie then all well and good.

Abuse isn't a kick up the jacksie. It causes untold injury for many years. Some never recover.
How sad to condone it!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Mrs Doyle
May 8, 2016, 8:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be fair male private this happens at all passionate clubs who have known success but the fans still continue to back the side. Yes expectations are high even higher when peoples money as been put in by mostly people on modest earnings.

Do the players read this? I would advise them not to if I was Hurst lol

lol sorry I typed your first name
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2016, 8:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DickBarton

Abuse isn't a kick up the jacksie. It causes untold injury for many years. Some never recover.
How sad to condone it!

I think you've got this totally out of proportion male private.  You're being a bit of a drama queen about the level of 'abuse' on here.

(I trust you won't be needing therapy for this comment   )

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
fishkeeper
May 8, 2016, 9:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
Quoted from DickBarton

get a life you sad bleeder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
DickBarton
May 9, 2016, 3:30pm

Snakebite drinker
As I have said many times I'm in the trust bar before every game, don't hide behind your computers let's speak face to face and I will by you a drink.
Criticise but don't abuse!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
gtfc98
May 9, 2016, 3:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from grimps

you were saying.... *Happy Clapper*

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
DickBarton
May 9, 2016, 6:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Disgusting!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 9, 2016, 7:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I think the manager has ridden his luck. While we are all delighted about yesterday there are many including me who will be thinking we have made incredibly hard work of getting to where we are. And when you see the performance in the second half yesterday it does make us think that we could have done that a lot more often and not needed the play offs at all.

When you consider what happened yesterday, the only reasons the side was changed so much were that a player the manager has first on the team sheet was unavailable and the situation was sh!t or bust. It should not need that situation to make a manager pick the right side and tactics. However happy we are to be at Wemberlee those facts from the season a whole still exist and they still matter regardless of next Sunday's result.

For now though we put our opinions to one side and support the players. Get up there first and then see what happens.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
May 9, 2016, 8:07pm
Guest User
Having watched yesterday as that team played their hearts out for the manager - just look at the celebrations- I can't help but feel that you guys have missed something totally. You're so angry and vehement in your judgements yet the 15 or so guys that work with PH every day clearly have a lot of love for the guy...
I get that a lot of this anger at hurst is totally mis directed frustration , but really when does it stop being in any way constructive and just lurching into insults and venom.

For me yesterday was amazing not just because we won but way more to see the team spirit and the skipper in tears having given his all. Yet still "hurst is riding his luck"

I accept this is your opinion and defend your right to it but you're wrong. Luck doesn't extend to getting in the playoffs, it doesn't extend to beating a team like Braintree who  played out of their skin "the Leicester effect" of you will. Luck doesn't make players sign on for another year and it certainly doesn't make a team run to their boss when they get an equaliser.

That was a bloody tricky tie, make no mistake and this is a very tricky league to get out of. I genuinely think you some of you need to appreciate whats there rather than taking every opportunity to express your rage.
Reply: 44 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 9, 2016, 8:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
There is no anger Paddy. Just opinion based on years of seeing many managers including this one. I don't care how much the players love a manager, that's only half the story. The word is "manager" not "mate'. It is as a manager over many games that the comments are made. I'm chuffed about the result, I'm delighted we got through and I will be over the proverbial moon if we get promoted. It may upset you but none of those things will change my opinion that a better manager would have got us into L2 quicker and more easily.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Golden fox
May 9, 2016, 8:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
After coming back on the fishy the last couple of weeks , I think the thread title empty vessels would be more apt for some . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
DickBarton
May 10, 2016, 12:44pm

Snakebite drinker
There is no anger Paddy. Just opinion based on years of seeing many managers including this one. I don't care how much the players love a manager, that's only half the story. The word is "manager" not "mate'. It is as a manager over many games that the comments are made. I'm chuffed about the result, I'm delighted we got through and I will be over the proverbial moon if we get promoted. It may upset you but none of those things will change my opinion that a better manager would have got us into L2 quicker and more easily.

And if my uncle was a women he would be my aunt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
BrunoPVFC19
May 10, 2016, 12:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +21
Hello, my name is Bruno and I am Brazilian, I am a supporter of Port Vale, but I'm watching the matches of Grimsby and the last few seasons the team reaches the final and lose the promotion, but I hope you get the higher division this season and future play with Port Vale in major divisions of English football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
arryarryarry
May 10, 2016, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 935
Having watched yesterday as that team played their hearts out for the manager - just look at the celebrations- I can't help but feel that you guys have missed something totally. You're so angry and vehement in your judgements yet the 15 or so guys that work with PH every day clearly have a lot of love for the guy...
I get that a lot of this anger at hurst is totally mis directed frustration , but really when does it stop being in any way constructive and just lurching into insults and venom.

For me yesterday was amazing not just because we won but way more to see the team spirit and the skipper in tears having given his all. Yet still "hurst is riding his luck"

I accept this is your opinion and defend your right to it but you're wrong. Luck doesn't extend to getting in the playoffs, it doesn't extend to beating a team like Braintree who  played out of their skin "the Leicester effect" of you will. Luck doesn't make players sign on for another year and it certainly doesn't make a team run to their boss when they get an equaliser.

That was a bloody tricky tie, make no mistake and this is a very tricky league to get out of. I genuinely think you some of you need to appreciate whats there rather than taking every opportunity to express your rage.

Yes we did play better and the players were absolutely delighted and ran over to hug Paul Hurst but ask yourself, why weren't they motivated and playing their best at places like Halifax away, or Guiseley, Braintree at home as well as a number of games this and recent seasons.

Craig Disley was in tears but how did the 1,700  fans feel being thumped by a shitty relegated team, works both ways you know.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Empty words

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.