This thread currently has 9,609 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Golden fox
May 5, 2016, 10:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
The SQUAD wasn't reinforced enough for sure just mediocre players , if your going to think about going 'direct ' as Paul says he is at least get the players to do it , seems at times we still play like we have LJL or he wants to play that way but we havnt got the players - even off the bench to change things have a couple of lumps like Trevor Benjamin or Jon Parkin if your wanting to go down that long route .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
jonnyboy82
May 5, 2016, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Mr 4-4-2 lumpituptop has never had a plan b.

And he kept going on all week how they are working on what they have learned playing braintree in the season to make sure mistakes arent repeated , well barry chuckle must have been taking training because that was a joke if you have put any thinking into that tonight.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
oldun
May 5, 2016, 11:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Paul Hurst said pre-match that they had been working on lessons learned a fortnight ago. Well he wasted his time.

Once again, like for like subs, like for like performances, like for like result. Paul has all the personality and passion of a wet night in Rotherham. All change!

There is a saying that if you keep dong things the same way you get the same outcome. Well we played the same way against Brintree as we did a few weeks ago and once again failed to score. PH said in his interview that we do not have a big physical centre forward to aim for up top. Correct so why spend 90 mins launching high balls and crosses onto the heads of Braintree defenders. They just stood there waiting for it, easy.. Not once did anyone actually run at them into their box. Even when we had acres of space to do so we still launch crosses from deep. It was so easy for their defenders to stand and watch us as we passed the ball sideways or backwards. If we were trying to lure them out it clearly failed as they were happy to sit tight at the back. The crazy thing is we all knew that is how they would play but we did not vary our approach at all. Disappointing because a 2-0 lead would have been enough to see us to Wembley.,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Grimal
May 5, 2016, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from grimps
Half the problem is the daft happy clappers on here still giving Hurst the time of day , he's been a consistent failure since arriving here and the bottom wipes still hang off his every word . Hurst out now and give us a slight chance on Sunday

I think you will find the happy clapping finished long ago Grimps.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
Golden fox
May 5, 2016, 11:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
It's strange because at one point he seemed really Keene on us being able to play some sort of 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation , persevering with it all one pre season , but it got shelved never to be seen again. He seems to really enforce keeping "us shape" which is fine without the ball but with it doesn't shift the opposition around much , we look a very rigid team .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
nightrider
May 5, 2016, 11:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Paul said: "I've got a full fit squad to choose from and obviously with that a few decisions to make.

"We've trained every day. Monday was light but after that we've done quite a bit of work on Braintree and what we can do to try and cause them some problems .

"You want a group that are keen and eager to play and there's going to be a few disappointed lads come Thursday night. But at the same time you've got to keep that unity, things can change very quickly, whether you are on the bench, or maybe some-one gets an injury for the second leg.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
RonMariner
May 5, 2016, 11:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
I can't see anyone putting their hand in their pocket for another operation promotion while Hurst is still in charge.

He has to go, no two ways about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2016, 11:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from golfer

he wasn,t included because if we,d won it would have made him look a bigger tw*t for not playing him before.All these results since January, inc. Gateshead, Halifax etc. must surely prove a point. How can a teams confidence dive so dramatically. I hope hes gone before the retained list is finalised.

I think Clay me have been carrying a knock, but I would pick him over that scouse fanny dancer Nolan any day.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
arryarryarry
May 5, 2016, 11:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think Clay me have been carrying a knock, but I would pick him over that scouse fanny dancer Nolan any day.

Nolan was by far and away our best player in the first half but faded in the second when we ran out of ideas.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2016, 12:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

Nolan was by far and away our best player in the first half but faded in the second when we ran out of ideas.

Really??? Is that despite surrendering the ball on half dozen occasions, sitting deep and dwelling on the ball and allowing them to get tight to our offensive players and going into challenges with other Town players to win balls.

If Nolan had the energy, work rate, drive and desire of Richard Tait he would be a half decent player.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Empty words

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.