This thread currently has 9,611 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
DickBarton
May 9, 2016, 3:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
As I have said many times I'm in the trust bar before every game, don't hide behind your computers let's speak face to face and I will by you a drink.
Criticise but don't abuse!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
gtfc98
May 9, 2016, 3:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from grimps
Half the problem is the daft happy clappers on here still giving Hurst the time of day , he's been a consistent failure since arriving here and the bottom wipes still hang off his every word . Hurst out now and give us a slight chance on Sunday

you were saying.... *Happy Clapper*

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
DickBarton
May 9, 2016, 6:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Disgusting!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 9, 2016, 7:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I think the manager has ridden his luck. While we are all delighted about yesterday there are many including me who will be thinking we have made incredibly hard work of getting to where we are. And when you see the performance in the second half yesterday it does make us think that we could have done that a lot more often and not needed the play offs at all.

When you consider what happened yesterday, the only reasons the side was changed so much were that a player the manager has first on the team sheet was unavailable and the situation was sh!t or bust. It should not need that situation to make a manager pick the right side and tactics. However happy we are to be at Wemberlee those facts from the season a whole still exist and they still matter regardless of next Sunday's result.

For now though we put our opinions to one side and support the players. Get up there first and then see what happens.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
May 9, 2016, 8:07pm
Guest User
Having watched yesterday as that team played their hearts out for the manager - just look at the celebrations- I can't help but feel that you guys have missed something totally. You're so angry and vehement in your judgements yet the 15 or so guys that work with PH every day clearly have a lot of love for the guy...
I get that a lot of this anger at hurst is totally mis directed frustration , but really when does it stop being in any way constructive and just lurching into insults and venom.

For me yesterday was amazing not just because we won but way more to see the team spirit and the skipper in tears having given his all. Yet still "hurst is riding his luck"

I accept this is your opinion and defend your right to it but you're wrong. Luck doesn't extend to getting in the playoffs, it doesn't extend to beating a team like Braintree who  played out of their skin "the Leicester effect" of you will. Luck doesn't make players sign on for another year and it certainly doesn't make a team run to their boss when they get an equaliser.

That was a bloody tricky tie, make no mistake and this is a very tricky league to get out of. I genuinely think you some of you need to appreciate whats there rather than taking every opportunity to express your rage.
Reply: 44 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 9, 2016, 8:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
There is no anger Paddy. Just opinion based on years of seeing many managers including this one. I don't care how much the players love a manager, that's only half the story. The word is "manager" not "mate'. It is as a manager over many games that the comments are made. I'm chuffed about the result, I'm delighted we got through and I will be over the proverbial moon if we get promoted. It may upset you but none of those things will change my opinion that a better manager would have got us into L2 quicker and more easily.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Golden fox
May 9, 2016, 8:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
After coming back on the fishy the last couple of weeks , I think the thread title empty vessels would be more apt for some . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
DickBarton
May 10, 2016, 12:44pm

Snakebite drinker
There is no anger Paddy. Just opinion based on years of seeing many managers including this one. I don't care how much the players love a manager, that's only half the story. The word is "manager" not "mate'. It is as a manager over many games that the comments are made. I'm chuffed about the result, I'm delighted we got through and I will be over the proverbial moon if we get promoted. It may upset you but none of those things will change my opinion that a better manager would have got us into L2 quicker and more easily.

And if my uncle was a women he would be my aunt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
BrunoPVFC19
May 10, 2016, 12:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +21
Hello, my name is Bruno and I am Brazilian, I am a supporter of Port Vale, but I'm watching the matches of Grimsby and the last few seasons the team reaches the final and lose the promotion, but I hope you get the higher division this season and future play with Port Vale in major divisions of English football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
arryarryarry
May 10, 2016, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from 935
Having watched yesterday as that team played their hearts out for the manager - just look at the celebrations- I can't help but feel that you guys have missed something totally. You're so angry and vehement in your judgements yet the 15 or so guys that work with PH every day clearly have a lot of love for the guy...
I get that a lot of this anger at hurst is totally mis directed frustration , but really when does it stop being in any way constructive and just lurching into insults and venom.

For me yesterday was amazing not just because we won but way more to see the team spirit and the skipper in tears having given his all. Yet still "hurst is riding his luck"

I accept this is your opinion and defend your right to it but you're wrong. Luck doesn't extend to getting in the playoffs, it doesn't extend to beating a team like Braintree who  played out of their skin "the Leicester effect" of you will. Luck doesn't make players sign on for another year and it certainly doesn't make a team run to their boss when they get an equaliser.

That was a bloody tricky tie, make no mistake and this is a very tricky league to get out of. I genuinely think you some of you need to appreciate whats there rather than taking every opportunity to express your rage.

Yes we did play better and the players were absolutely delighted and ran over to hug Paul Hurst but ask yourself, why weren't they motivated and playing their best at places like Halifax away, or Guiseley, Braintree at home as well as a number of games this and recent seasons.

Craig Disley was in tears but how did the 1,700  fans feel being thumped by a shitty relegated team, works both ways you know.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Empty words

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.