Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Away Tickets (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 336 Guests

Braintree Away Tickets (merged)

This thread currently has 23,793 views. Print
16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
WokingMariner
May 1, 2016, 7:52pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Any news on tickets for away game on Sunday? How many will we get?

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
HackneyHaddock
May 1, 2016, 8:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Good question, especially as we'll have a few hundred down here desperate to go.

The capacity of the away terrace is 1000 with an optional 350 or so seats (normally).  If GTFC are going to stagger the ticket release, then fair enough, but it would be great for them to consider how to help southern fans get a ticket.  

It would also be useful for us to know as soon as possible, as some of us may have to get tickets in the Braintree end if Town are likely to hold onto tickets and take their time selling them, we'd rather know sooner rather than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 155
Cloudy
May 1, 2016, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I'd guess Town will struggle to get info from Braintree over the weekend.

Surely with around 2300 season ticket holders a very large % of available tickets will be taken by them before Trust and stub holders get a chance.

Can't see many left for exiles unless they fall into one of the previously mentioned category's???
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 155
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2016, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Good question, especially as we'll have a few hundred down here desperate to go.

The capacity of the away terrace is 1000 with an optional 350 or so seats (normally).  If GTFC are going to stagger the ticket release, then fair enough, but it would be great for them to consider how to help southern fans get a ticket.  

It would also be useful for us to know as soon as possible, as some of us may have to get tickets in the Braintree end if Town are likely to hold onto tickets and take their time selling them, we'd rather know sooner rather than later.

It's a bit weird if you go there for a night game you can move freely from end to end, on a weekend you are segregated by fences and stewards. I guess the latter will apply.

As a season ticket holder living away it's just as hard getting tickets for games like this as you invariably have to "present" your pass book despite them having details about you on the database.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 155
mariner91
May 1, 2016, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
I'd say there's little to no chance of an exile without a ST getting a ticket due to the fact it's at the weekend and most people will be free to go should they choose. Looks like a few of us will just have to go in the home end!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 155
LH
May 1, 2016, 9:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Probably not best to put it on a public internet forum that you plan to go in the home end because either the police or Braintree or both will pick up on it and make it harder for you to get them.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 155
samg
May 1, 2016, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Will the club be putting any travel arrangements on ie buses - desperate for me and my lad to go but with having RA no chance of me driving that far - failing that would anyone on here be so kind as to give us a lift? Will obviously pay travel expenses UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 155
HackneyHaddock
May 1, 2016, 9:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I'm pretty sure Braintree will be aware of that anyway.  It's quite correct that STHs are first in line, so let's just hope we sell out and get as many as we can in the ground by fair means or foul!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 155
May 1, 2016, 9:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from samg
Will the club be putting any travel arrangements on ie buses - desperate for me and my lad to go but with having RA no chance of me driving that far - failing that would anyone on here be so kind as to give us a lift? Will obviously pay travel expenses UTM!

Contact Terry Hall, not sure what his number is.
Reply: 8 - 155
samg
May 1, 2016, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Thanks Grimsbys finest - anyone got Terry Hall's number?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 155
16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Away Tickets (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.