Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Away Tickets (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 169 Guests

Braintree Away Tickets (merged)

This thread currently has 23,860 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 2, 2016, 1:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,444
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Cloudy
Why are GTFC putting in general these tickets on sale immediately after the home game?All it does is encourage those who are desperate to go to leave the home game early to join the queue rather than supporting the team.

The tickets go on sale at 9pm, long before full time, according to the OS. The touts will have snapped them up and be flogging them off at twice the cover price by the time everyone comes out  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 155
alvinghammariner
May 2, 2016, 1:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from Cloudy
Why are GTFC putting in general these tickets on sale immediately after the home game?All it does is encourage those who are desperate to go to leave the home game early to join the queue rather than supporting the team.

According to twitter (not a perfect source I admit) it's because they are bringing the tickets with them on Thursday, so there's only 2 days to actually get them sold. If this is true, might as well sell them while the majority are at the ground. I've no idea why we can't just print them ourselves

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 155
alvinghammariner
May 2, 2016, 1:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from GrimRob

The tickets go on sale at 9pm, long before full time, according to the OS. The touts will have snapped them up and be flogging them off at twice the cover price by the time everyone comes out  

7PM kick off

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 155
GrimRob
May 2, 2016, 2:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,444
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from alvinghammariner

7PM kick off

oh yeah!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 155
Cloudy
May 2, 2016, 2:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from alvinghammariner

According to twitter (not a perfect source I admit) it's because they are bringing the tickets with them on Thursday, so there's only 2 days to actually get them sold. If this is true, might as well sell them while the majority are at the ground. I've no idea why we can't just print them ourselves

I hope their 'gamesmanship' comes back to bite them on the bottom. Bringing tickets with them so we have less time to sell them is gross amateurism.

If GTFC had anything about them they would send a member of staff or volunteer to collect them at 9am tomorrow.
They clearly think this will benefit them. I so hope the game is over by the time second leg tickets go on sale and they make f@,k all out of the home leg!!!
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 155
LH
May 2, 2016, 2:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
I didn't read that as gamesmanship - more just maximising their takings by not paying a fortune on a courier/special delivery to send them up. Those tickets will be long gone by 2200 on Thursday night.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 155
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2016, 2:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91

I don't recall anyone moaning last season as it was away on the south coast on a Thursday night. But we've taken more than 600 to relatively meaningless games further away than Braintree this season e.g Welling. This could be the defining game of the season there is no way we wouldn't take at least 1000 if given that many tickets. They had less than 2000 at their game on Saturday for what was a must win match, they're not going to suddenly double the amount of people who are interested.

And for their game versus Altringham they reduced the prices across the board.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 155
May 2, 2016, 2:15pm
Guest User
Our average away following is 740 compared to Braintrees 44. If their ground can't meet the demands of large away following then surely the football league should look into the potential problems occurring If they are to be promoted to the league. If they don't give us 1200 then there will be a lot of problems when it comes to the day. The police can threaten town fans who travel without tickets all they like however when 600 people are refusing to move because they have followed Town up and down the country all season and are denied the opportunity to support the team in the biggest game of them all then tensions will rise.
Reply: 67 - 155
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2016, 2:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 1739
Our average away following is 740 compared to Braintrees 44. If their ground can't meet the demands of large away following then surely the football league should look into the potential problems occurring If they are to be promoted to the league. If they don't give us 1200 then there will be a lot of problems when it comes to the day. The police can threaten town fans who travel without tickets all they like however when 600 people are refusing to move because they have followed Town up and down the country all season and are denied the opportunity to support the team in the biggest game of them all then tensions will rise.

Beyond belief if you ask me............Then again not unusual VGR only gave Brizzle 700 last year and they are only 29 miles apart.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 155
WokingMariner
May 2, 2016, 2:38pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
As usual it's assumed all Grimsby fans live in Grimsby. There'll be hundreds of exiles in the home end. Let's hope there wont be major disorder.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Away Tickets (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.