Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WokingMariner, May 1, 2016, 7:52pm
Any news on tickets for away game on Sunday? How many will we get?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 1, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 1
Good question, especially as we'll have a few hundred down here desperate to go.

The capacity of the away terrace is 1000 with an optional 350 or so seats (normally).  If GTFC are going to stagger the ticket release, then fair enough, but it would be great for them to consider how to help southern fans get a ticket.  

It would also be useful for us to know as soon as possible, as some of us may have to get tickets in the Braintree end if Town are likely to hold onto tickets and take their time selling them, we'd rather know sooner rather than later.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 1, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 2
I'd guess Town will struggle to get info from Braintree over the weekend.

Surely with around 2300 season ticket holders a very large % of available tickets will be taken by them before Trust and stub holders get a chance.

Can't see many left for exiles unless they fall into one of the previously mentioned category's???
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 1, 2016, 8:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Good question, especially as we'll have a few hundred down here desperate to go.

The capacity of the away terrace is 1000 with an optional 350 or so seats (normally).  If GTFC are going to stagger the ticket release, then fair enough, but it would be great for them to consider how to help southern fans get a ticket.  

It would also be useful for us to know as soon as possible, as some of us may have to get tickets in the Braintree end if Town are likely to hold onto tickets and take their time selling them, we'd rather know sooner rather than later.

It's a bit weird if you go there for a night game you can move freely from end to end, on a weekend you are segregated by fences and stewards. I guess the latter will apply.

As a season ticket holder living away it's just as hard getting tickets for games like this as you invariably have to "present" your pass book despite them having details about you on the database.
Posted by: mariner91, May 1, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 4
I'd say there's little to no chance of an exile without a ST getting a ticket due to the fact it's at the weekend and most people will be free to go should they choose. Looks like a few of us will just have to go in the home end!
Posted by: LH, May 1, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 5
Probably not best to put it on a public internet forum that you plan to go in the home end because either the police or Braintree or both will pick up on it and make it harder for you to get them.
Posted by: samg, May 1, 2016, 9:03pm; Reply: 6
Will the club be putting any travel arrangements on ie buses - desperate for me and my lad to go but with having RA no chance of me driving that far - failing that would anyone on here be so kind as to give us a lift? Will obviously pay travel expenses UTM!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 1, 2016, 9:10pm; Reply: 7
I'm pretty sure Braintree will be aware of that anyway.  It's quite correct that STHs are first in line, so let's just hope we sell out and get as many as we can in the ground by fair means or foul!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 1, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from samg
Will the club be putting any travel arrangements on ie buses - desperate for me and my lad to go but with having RA no chance of me driving that far - failing that would anyone on here be so kind as to give us a lift? Will obviously pay travel expenses UTM!

Contact Terry Hall, not sure what his number is.
Posted by: samg, May 1, 2016, 9:09pm; Reply: 9
Thanks Grimsbys finest - anyone got Terry Hall's number?
Posted by: barralad, May 1, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 1739

Contact Terry Hall, not sure what his number is.

Terry's number is 07716094444
Posted by: samg, May 1, 2016, 9:23pm; Reply: 11
Thanks Barralad - hope I can get a ticket, not an St holder this season due to being diagnosed but been to all home games - will give Terry a call thanks๐Ÿ‘
Posted by: mariner91, May 1, 2016, 9:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH
Probably not best to put it on a public internet forum that you plan to go in the home end because either the police or Braintree or both will pick up on it and make it harder for you to get them.

It was, of course, a hypothetical statement as that would be a ludicrous thing for me, or any other Town fan, to attempt. (drvita)
Posted by: MarinerMart, May 1, 2016, 9:25pm; Reply: 13
I'm a season ticket holder and not going if it's any help. :)
Posted by: samg, May 1, 2016, 9:31pm; Reply: 14
Any chance of getting me 2 tickets MarinerMart? The other ticket being for my son
Posted by: MarinerMart, May 1, 2016, 9:41pm; Reply: 15
Not sure until they announce the details but I work not too far from the ground so could go down there soon as they announce details. They may limit it to one each. I'm a trust member too so not sure if I'll get one for that as well.  Keep an eye out for ticket details and see what we can do.  If I can help an exiled Mariner I'd be happy to help. :)
Posted by: samg, May 1, 2016, 9:45pm; Reply: 16
Ok thanks MarinerMart - will see what details they release and will possibly get back to you - thanks once again๐Ÿ‘
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 1, 2016, 9:58pm; Reply: 17
Bloody hell, it's only Sunday, they are a part-time club they will have to liaise with the police etc to put on probably their biggest game in their history.

Give 'em a chance.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 1, 2016, 10:05pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry
Bloody hell, it's only Sunday, they are a part-time club they will have to liaise with the police etc to put on probably their biggest game in their history.

Give 'em a chance.

If they want to play in the Big Boy's League next season they should get started now and open on a Sunday. It's daft nobody knows basic information when the play-offs start on Wednesday! I know this game is on Sunday but it's not many days away for people to sort out their plans.
Posted by: LH, May 1, 2016, 10:10pm; Reply: 19
You'd like to think that Braintree might have been at least thinking about their plans for the play offs in the week leading up to their eventual qualification.
Posted by: samg, May 1, 2016, 10:08pm; Reply: 20
Have provisionally booked 2 seats on Terry's bus - just need 2 tickets now๐Ÿ˜
Posted by: easypeersy, May 1, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 21
I wish Terry would answer my messages and texts!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 1, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GrimRob

If they want to play in the Big Boy's League next season they should get started now and open on a Sunday. It's daft nobody knows basic information when the play-offs start on Wednesday! I know this game is on Sunday but it's not many days away for people to sort out their plans.

Are we even open on a Sunday?
Posted by: GrimRob, May 1, 2016, 11:43pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Are we even open on a Sunday?

When I say open I mean available to.make decisions. We would be in a similar situation methinks.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 2, 2016, 7:28am; Reply: 24
Quoted from LH
You'd like to think that Braintree might have been at least thinking about their plans for the play offs in the week leading up to their eventual qualification.

I am sure they will but the bloke who does that for them is part time and not due in til Weds  ;)
Posted by: LH, May 2, 2016, 7:34am; Reply: 25
Quoted from moosey_club

I am sure they will but the bloke who does that for them is part time and not due in til Weds  ;)

I suppose they might have to wait for someone's work to open back up so they can use the photocopier to print off the tickets and the programmes!
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 10:24am; Reply: 26
They are a pub side and pubs are always busy over a Bank Holiday Weekend. First thing Tuesday there should be a quiet spell when this should get someone's attention.
Posted by: lukeo, May 2, 2016, 10:23am; Reply: 27
Hursts fault ;-)

seriously though, as much as people dis our club atleast our official site is usually really good at keeping us up to date and making decisions quick etc
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 10:37am; Reply: 28
Says on their web site that the ground capacity is just over 4000, if that is still set in stone and they segregate correctly we could get enough tickets and they could have a bumper pay day/  
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 10:44am; Reply: 29
Their highest Attendance this season was 1394 against us in which we would have took around 400. A lot of it could depend on the result from the first leg.
Posted by: marinerjase, May 2, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 30
perhaps you should look on it another way. How does a part time club with little resources manage to achieve what a full time club with plenty of resources did? Not only that but a very small squad of players who fit football around their actual jobs. Their efforts should be applauded, not mocked.

More to the point perhaps Rob, who is obviously the font of all knowledge, could produce some more statistics/probability of why the above scenario occurs.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 2, 2016, 10:50am; Reply: 31
Much the same way we managed to grind out results when we were punching well above our weight in Div 1.

Everyone has as much chance as anyone. As big as some fans think we are it's been made clear that we don't have the biggest budget and as Newcastle have proved for a million years, having loads of fans home and away means intercourse all.

Braintree have done well, they try and knock it about and truth be told I'd much rather watch them than Cheltenham or FGR. Fair play to them...
Posted by: lukeo, May 2, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 32
rumours are we are being given 600 tickets...   :o
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 11:26am; Reply: 33
Quoted from marinerjase
perhaps you should look on it another way. How does a part time club with little resources manage to achieve what a full time club with plenty of resources did? Not only that but a very small squad of players who fit football around their actual jobs. Their efforts should be applauded, not mocked.

More to the point perhaps Rob, who is obviously the font of all knowledge, could produce some more statistics/probability of why the above scenario occurs.

Leicester, Northampton, Burton, this season is suffering from SmallClubItis. Wales to win the Euros will crown it!

I don't think you need a reason, Favourites aren't pre-destined to win. If a squad gels, gets a bit of luck, and rides the wave then the sky's the limit. It's almost impossible to repeat though it's just the nature of sport!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 34
Quoted from lukeo

Where did that come from mate?

Posted by: Caesar, May 2, 2016, 11:32am; Reply: 35
Quoted from lukeo

If true this is an absolute joke.  I don't normally advocate going in home ends and think we should play by the rules of other clubs but this would be a completely appalling move on their part.  Haven't missed a playoff game for a few years now yet don't think I would have any chance of getting tickets if they give us that few.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 11:34am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Caesar

If true this is an absolute joke.  I don't normally advocate going in home ends and think we should play by the rules of other clubs but this would be a completely appalling move on their part.  Haven't missed a playoff game for a few years now yet don't think I would have any chance of getting tickets if they give us that few.

This season I think we took around 400 and there was plenty of space behind the goal and the bit at the side near the turnstile, I reckon you could have easily got 800+ in there.

Posted by: mariner91, May 2, 2016, 11:40am; Reply: 37
Their away end holds 1,000 according to the footballgroundguide.com. Looking at the pictures of the away end it would be very difficult to segregate it effectively so I'd be very surprised if they don't give us at least the whole away end. They've never averaged over 1,000 fans and their record attendance was 4000 64 years ago against Spurs! Which means they've never filled the official capacity of their ground which is 4151. To give us only 600 would be a farce and would just lead to very large amounts of Town fans in the home end. Allegedly.
Posted by: mariner83, May 2, 2016, 11:42am; Reply: 38
Have 2 ST but can't go on Sunday if it helps anyone?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 2, 2016, 12:35pm; Reply: 39
I really hope this is not true.   >:( >:( >:(

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452166901729639/?fref=nf
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 2, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 40
What does it say, as it's a closed group?
Posted by: Cloudy, May 2, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 41
People claiming Steve Wraith has confirmed only 600 tickets for away leg??

Ground said to hold 4000 and they managed 1800 on Saturday. Can only mean one thing.

Carnage!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 1:05pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Cloudy
People claiming Steve Wraith has confirmed only 600 tickets for away leg??

Ground said to hold 4000 and they managed 1800 on Saturday. Can only mean one thing.

Carnage!!

That 1800 included a few from Altringham by the looks of it. If and at this stage it is just 600 tickets then that would suggest they have a lot to do if they do go up.  

Maybe the local coppers have had an input into this?

Posted by: HotToddy, May 2, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 43
We've been given just 600 tickets by the tin pot club but have asked for more http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/braintree-away-tickets-3091780.aspx
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 44
600 tickets go on sale after The game on Thursday. Be prepared for 1000 town fans turning up without tickets.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 2, 2016, 1:11pm; Reply: 45
Absolute joke. Braintree setting themselves up for carnage. We'll take double that
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 1:17pm; Reply: 46
What a fuckin urine take, lets hope our lads do the business Thursday and make Sunday meaningless.

We ought to offer them zero in response!
Posted by: mariner91, May 2, 2016, 1:18pm; Reply: 47
What a farce. No offence but in a game they needed to win to get in to the play offs they couldn't even half fill their ground including the away fans, they are just not a well supported club. There is no indication that Braintree need 3500 spaces for fans as I doubt they've managed that many in the last 50 years. This will only end up with lots, and I mean lots, of Town fans in the home ends.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 2, 2016, 1:18pm; Reply: 48
Idiotic, surely it's going to be staggered. 600 fans for a team who if in a good position would take at least treble that is ridiculous.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 2, 2016, 1:22pm; Reply: 49
Do people really think we are going to take over 1,000 to Braintree? It all depends on Thursday surely?
Posted by: LH, May 2, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 50
Town should give them a derisory allocation. How many people can you fit in the PA box?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from LH
Town should give them a derisory allocation. How many people can you fit in the PA box?

We have given them just under 600 according to their site. Maybe they will see how many they have sold by Thursday and increase our allocation.

Funnily enough they are detailing this as a Cat A game, even they categorise games FFS!!!

Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 1:33pm; Reply: 52
Nobody can stop us travelling to Braintree without a ticket. intercourse em. 586 tickets is a joke.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 2, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 53
Haven't Braintree failed to fill a free 57 seater coach so far?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 2, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 54
I would be surprised if Braintree don't sell around 3,500 tickets for what (first leg result permitting) might be the biggest game in their history. And let's face it, each of the last 3 seasons people have moaned about our allocation for the away leg of the Play-off Semi-Final and we've not sold our entire allocation once.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 1:30pm; Reply: 55
Do people really think we are going to take over 1,000 to Braintree? It all depends on Thursday surely?

I reckon we would take more than 600 TBH.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 1:41pm; Reply: 56

Unless one side has a 3 goal lead it's far from certain whatever the outcome. Bloody annoying that we have to play the second leg away from BP then it wouldn't be so bad.
Posted by: mariner91, May 2, 2016, 1:37pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I would be surprised if Braintree don't sell around 3,500 tickets for what (first leg result permitting) might be the biggest game in their history. And let's face it, each of the last 3 seasons people have moaned about our allocation for the away leg of the Play-off Semi-Final and we've not sold our entire allocation once.

I don't recall anyone moaning last season as it was away on the south coast on a Thursday night. But we've taken more than 600 to relatively meaningless games further away than Braintree this season e.g Welling. This could be the defining game of the season there is no way we wouldn't take at least 1000 if given that many tickets. They had less than 2000 at their game on Saturday for what was a must win match, they're not going to suddenly double the amount of people who are interested.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 1:46pm; Reply: 58
Ironically it looks like we are giving them less than 600 tickets  :)
Posted by: Cloudy, May 2, 2016, 1:55pm; Reply: 59
Why are GTFC putting in general these tickets on sale immediately after the home game?All it does is encourage those who are desperate to go to leave the home game early to join the queue rather than supporting the team.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 1:58pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Cloudy
Why are GTFC putting in general these tickets on sale immediately after the home game?All it does is encourage those who are desperate to go to leave the home game early to join the queue rather than supporting the team.

The tickets go on sale at 9pm, long before full time, according to the OS. The touts will have snapped them up and be flogging them off at twice the cover price by the time everyone comes out  :)
Posted by: alvinghammariner, May 2, 2016, 1:56pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Cloudy

According to twitter (not a perfect source I admit) it's because they are bringing the tickets with them on Thursday, so there's only 2 days to actually get them sold. If this is true, might as well sell them while the majority are at the ground. I've no idea why we can't just print them ourselves
Posted by: alvinghammariner, May 2, 2016, 1:56pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from GrimRob

The tickets go on sale at 9pm, long before full time, according to the OS. The touts will have snapped them up and be flogging them off at twice the cover price by the time everyone comes out  :)

7PM kick off
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 2:02pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from alvinghammariner

7PM kick off

oh yeah!
Posted by: Cloudy, May 2, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from alvinghammariner

According to twitter (not a perfect source I admit) it's because they are bringing the tickets with them on Thursday, so there's only 2 days to actually get them sold. If this is true, might as well sell them while the majority are at the ground. I've no idea why we can't just print them ourselves

I hope their 'gamesmanship' comes back to bite them on the bottom. Bringing tickets with them so we have less time to sell them is gross amateurism.

If GTFC had anything about them they would send a member of staff or volunteer to collect them at 9am tomorrow.
They clearly think this will benefit them. I so hope the game is over by the time second leg tickets go on sale and they make f@,k all out of the home leg!!!
Posted by: LH, May 2, 2016, 2:12pm; Reply: 65
I didn't read that as gamesmanship - more just maximising their takings by not paying a fortune on a courier/special delivery to send them up. Those tickets will be long gone by 2200 on Thursday night.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 2:10pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from mariner91

I don't recall anyone moaning last season as it was away on the south coast on a Thursday night. But we've taken more than 600 to relatively meaningless games further away than Braintree this season e.g Welling. This could be the defining game of the season there is no way we wouldn't take at least 1000 if given that many tickets. They had less than 2000 at their game on Saturday for what was a must win match, they're not going to suddenly double the amount of people who are interested.

And for their game versus Altringham they reduced the prices across the board.

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 2:15pm; Reply: 67
Our average away following is 740 compared to Braintrees 44. If their ground can't meet the demands of large away following then surely the football league should look into the potential problems occurring If they are to be promoted to the league. If they don't give us 1200 then there will be a lot of problems when it comes to the day. The police can threaten town fans who travel without tickets all they like however when 600 people are refusing to move because they have followed Town up and down the country all season and are denied the opportunity to support the team in the biggest game of them all then tensions will rise.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from 1739
Our average away following is 740 compared to Braintrees 44. If their ground can't meet the demands of large away following then surely the football league should look into the potential problems occurring If they are to be promoted to the league. If they don't give us 1200 then there will be a lot of problems when it comes to the day. The police can threaten town fans who travel without tickets all they like however when 600 people are refusing to move because they have followed Town up and down the country all season and are denied the opportunity to support the team in the biggest game of them all then tensions will rise.

Beyond belief if you ask me............Then again not unusual VGR only gave Brizzle 700 last year and they are only 29 miles apart.

Posted by: WokingMariner, May 2, 2016, 2:38pm; Reply: 69
As usual it's assumed all Grimsby fans live in Grimsby. There'll be hundreds of exiles in the home end. Let's hope there wont be major disorder.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 2:34pm; Reply: 70
I have just rang Braintree's ticket office and this is a police decision not a club decision according to the lady in which I spoke to.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, May 2, 2016, 2:39pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Beyond belief if you ask me............Then again not unusual VGR only gave Brizzle 700 last year and they are only 29 miles apart.

29 miles ????
Think you need a map update !
UTM
Edit* apologies, just read your post again and now understand ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ps ...
Your maps are just fine lol
Posted by: mariner91, May 2, 2016, 2:38pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from 1739
I have just rang Braintree's ticket office and this is a police decision not a club decision according to the lady in which I spoke to.

What a stupid decision by the police. Their job will be one hell of a lot easier with all the Town fans in the same place. It's almost as if they're trying to create mayhem to justify what will undoubtedly be their heavy handed, everyone's a criminal approach on Sunday...
Posted by: WokingMariner, May 2, 2016, 2:43pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from 1739

The police must be wanting there to be trouble then to fulfil their arrest quota. Hard to imagine a better way to guarantee it.
Posted by: WokingMariner, May 2, 2016, 2:46pm; Reply: 74
No wonder Wembley insist on selling tickets themselves is this is how the clubs deal with it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 2:48pm; Reply: 75
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Quoted from MidnightMariner

29 miles ????
Think you need a map update !
UTM
Edit* apologies, just read your post again and now understand ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ps ...
Your maps are just fine lol

Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 2:49pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from 1739

Clearly the Essex Rossers know all about travelling numbers and attendance trends in the National League................... They will be happy they can all claim OT for the Sunday.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, May 2, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 77
Best thing is GTFC to win 4-0 at home, then there wont be any Braintree tickets sold and they will be happy to take our fans and money!
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 2, 2016, 3:24pm; Reply: 78
How many did we take to Eastleigh in the playoffs last year?
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 2, 2016, 3:29pm; Reply: 79
What we really need is a police LIAISON officer of our own. Someone that from a policing point of view could LIAISE with their police and sort this out.  Anybody think that would be a good idea ????
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 2, 2016, 3:56pm; Reply: 80
If they plan on giving us 600 tickets then they can only blame themselves (the police and braintree fc) when it all goes t!ts up.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 2, 2016, 4:07pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Civvy at last
What we really need is a police LIAISON officer of our own. Someone that from a policing point of view could LIAISE with their police and sort this out.  Anybody think that would be a good idea ????

Probably on his fking advice !! not necessarily their end.

The heightened potential (if the first leg outcome in the balance) importance of this game would bring a heightened potential for flash points, i can understand why the police would therefore reduce the capacity....those that have been to Braintree will know the away end is a crap tiny terrace which affords awful views when it is near empty....also have they sorted out the toilets yet? a handful of portaloo's last time i went..hardly suitable for 600 never mind a 1000 supporters.

Just have to get the job done in the first leg and completely boycott the away leg.
Posted by: barralad, May 2, 2016, 4:09pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Civvy at last

If we go up I'm pretty sure that we will have to put one in place.
Posted by: grimps, May 2, 2016, 4:13pm; Reply: 83
I'm going ticket or no ticket !
I've never not got into a game watching the Mariners that I've wanted to see in 30 odd years , turn up and you'll get in
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 2, 2016, 4:43pm; Reply: 84
Like said earlier the Police must want some overtime out of it. They know we have a large away following so the potential for problems outside the ground will be enormous.

Also If Braintree think allowing us 600 tickets will quieten us down think again 555 fans were magnificently loud and proud at Tranmere.

Please Town do us all a great big favour on Thursday night...................Feed Podge and lets bags some goals...................... and keep a clean sheet obviously.  
Posted by: Caesar, May 2, 2016, 4:49pm; Reply: 85
I am going regardless tbh. Know someone with a Colchester postcode so could use that but hope liads do to make a bit of a point.

Normally I would never do something like that. If there was 1,000 allocation I would respect it but 600 is such a joke amount its like taunting fans. Worst case scenario we can all descend on a local bar with btsport on.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 2, 2016, 5:29pm; Reply: 86
I've got a contact in Colchester, so  if i can't get a ticket on Thu then home end it is.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 2, 2016, 6:03pm; Reply: 87
Very foolhardy decision by Braintree and the Police.  There will be more away fans than home fans, especially if the tie is finely-balanced.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 6:25pm; Reply: 88
Braintree and the police are meeting tomorrow about an extended allocation. Surely a representative from Grimsby should be involved to put our case forward. If they give us 1600 then there will be no problems. We will sell out and the 1600 providing the tie is still in the balance and you won't get 100's of Town fans walking around Braintrees ground looking for ways to sneak in.  We have 2650 season ticket holders and we are getting 600 tickets which i am finding it hard to understand. I would understand if it meant genuine Braintree fans who have supported them throughout the season missing out but they have had 900 home supporters as their best attendance this season. Even if they treble their highest attendance this season then their would still be room for 1300 of us.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 6:26pm; Reply: 89
If Braintree as a football club can't cope with 1000 + away fans then they shouldn't be let in the football league.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 6:29pm; Reply: 90
It's 40 mins away I will get a home end ticket Friday if I can't get one after the game on Thursday.  
Posted by: mariner91, May 2, 2016, 6:30pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from 1739
Braintree and the police are meeting tomorrow about an extended allocation. Surely a representative from Grimsby should be involved to put our case forward. If they give us 1600 then there will be no problems. We will sell out and the 1600 providing the tie is still in the balance and you won't get 100's of Town fans walking around Braintrees ground looking for ways to sneak in.  We have 2650 season ticket holders and we are getting 600 tickets which i am finding it hard to understand. I would understand if it meant genuine Braintree fans who have supported them throughout the season missing out but they have had 900 home supporters as their best attendance this season. Even if they treble their highest attendance this season then their would still be room for 1300 of us.

So you reckon there were 900 Altrincham fans there on Saturday?
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 2, 2016, 6:30pm; Reply: 92
I hope they're gonna put a few more portaloos in the away end!  :)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 2, 2016, 6:50pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from 1739
Braintree and the police are meeting tomorrow about an extended allocation. Surely a representative from Grimsby should be involved to put our case forward. If they give us 1600 then there will be no problems. We will sell out and the 1600 providing the tie is still in the balance and you won't get 100's of Town fans walking around Braintrees ground looking for ways to sneak in.  

Agree 100%

I would go as far as to say that GTFC shouldn't be waiting for an invitation to put their case either, otherwise they'll be cut out of the process to our detriment.  Getyourfactsright or another director should have a statement drafted and on the relevant person's desk at Essex Police first thing tomorrow, making it crystal clear that if we get a1300/1600 allocation, we'll be better-placed to have only official fans travelling and will minimise the chances of any flashpoints.  This in turn will make life much easier for Braintree staff.
Posted by: Garth, May 2, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 94
Will Town be showing the second game at the ground on Sunday?, second best to watching it live for those who can`t get tickets IMO
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 2, 2016, 6:53pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It's 40 mins away I will get a home end ticket Friday if I can't get one after the game on Thursday.  

There's 3 of us 40 mins away in Suffolk who will do the same. :)
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 2, 2016, 6:56pm; Reply: 96

GE A SERIOUS GRIP ON YOURSELF BRAINTREE FC  IT'S FARCICAL 600  ??)
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 6:54pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from mariner91

So you reckon there were 900 Altrincham fans there on Saturday?

Didn't see that but apparently they did go around posting free tickets. Will they be doing the same next Sunday. I am not saying Braintree should let us take the urine and don't want to take this 'we are massive' stance however the morally right thing to do would be to let the people who care most about the fixture attend the game and I would argue there are more Grimsby Town fans who really do care about these two fixtures.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 2, 2016, 7:10pm; Reply: 98
From a Braintree Message Board...

Quoted Text
Not a lot to report as it's a bank holiday. We will be discussing detailed arrangements for Sunday with the Essex Police over the next day or two. Our club has given the opposition the ticket allocation required under National League rules. We may be able to offer Grimsby fans more but, before we do so, I'm keen to give Braintree fans the best chance to see the game as possible.

This guy (seems to be a club official/volunteer) giving the impression our allocation has been set low so that they can properly assess the interest from locals wanting to jump on the bandwagon. If they don't sell well then our allocation will be increased?
Posted by: GrimRob, May 2, 2016, 7:22pm; Reply: 99
"the next day or two" WAKE UP! People have plans to make, this isn't a BBQ you're inviting a few friends round to have a chat and kick a ball about afterwards
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 2, 2016, 7:27pm; Reply: 100
We've just got to get out of this cess pit league this time round. :-/
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 2, 2016, 7:33pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from GrimRob
"the next day or two" WAKE UP! People have plans to make, this isn't a BBQ you're inviting a few friends round to have a chat and kick a ball about afterwards

Tickets aren't on sale until Thursday so they can take their time. I would imagine it will be Grimsby Town ticket office tickets being used so I doubt Braintree even have to print them and send them north.
Posted by: WokingMariner, May 2, 2016, 7:51pm; Reply: 102
Best bet is to turn up with a big wad of cash.
Posted by: psgmariner, May 2, 2016, 8:19pm; Reply: 103
Braintree have an historic opportunity to get in the football league for the first time ever. To be fair to them I can see why they would rather gain some advantage over us in the second leg rather than making an extra few quid.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 2, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from psgmariner
Braintree have an historic opportunity to get in the football league for the first time ever. To be fair to them I can see why they would rather gain some advantage over us in the second leg rather than making an extra few quid.

For me it is that sort of mindset which is destroying the game. Mind games and so called professionalism in non league football?

Posted by: psgmariner, May 2, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 105
Seriously?

You think money is more important than success?!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 2, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from GollyGTFC
From a Braintree Message Board...

This guy (seems to be a club official/volunteer) giving the impression our allocation has been set low so that they can properly assess the interest from locals wanting to jump on the bandwagon. If they don't sell well then our allocation will be increased?

You may have a point, also they may need to leave some pending until the Police have properly met with them. I reckon we might get another 300 but that's guess work more than anything.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2016, 9:00pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You may have a point, also they may need to leave some pending until the Police have properly met with them. I reckon we might get another 300 but that's guess work more than anything.

Only 800 would be reasonable. Anything less and there will be people travelling without tickets.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from GrimRob

Actually there is a very nice grassy area on the way to the away fans turnstile so if you ask nicely they may put on a BBQ for you.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 2, 2016, 10:17pm; Reply: 109
To be fair to Braintree they are not used to organising big games, and you can't blame them for wanting to ensure that they are not outnumbered.

Mind you, it could end up that way anyway. Like our home game against Newcastle in 1993.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 3, 2016, 7:20am; Reply: 110
Isn't the reason we have to wait until Thursday because of Braintree actually bringing the tickets with them? Surely GTFC could simply sell 600 vouchers than can be exchanged for a ticket?

This idea of selling them after the game has to go down as one of the biggest member ups the club has ever been part of, and we've had a few.
Posted by: TAGG, May 3, 2016, 10:17am; Reply: 111
Why is everyone getting so drunk about the ticket allocation?????
We are a non league club playing part timers in a excrement league. What the fook do you expect???
Posted by: nightrider, May 3, 2016, 10:29am; Reply: 112
We didn't take more than 600 last year, did we?
Posted by: pizzzza, May 3, 2016, 10:32am; Reply: 113
Quoted from nightrider

The Eastleigh away leg was further away, it was the 1st leg and it was was an evening game. Obviously we'll need more for Braintree.
Posted by: barralad, May 3, 2016, 10:55am; Reply: 114
Quoted from aldi_01
Isn't the reason we have to wait until Thursday because of Braintree actually bringing the tickets with them? Surely GTFC could simply sell 600 vouchers than can be exchanged for a ticket?

This idea of selling them after the game has to go down as one of the biggest member ups the club has ever been part of, and we've had a few.

600 vouchers would generally mean people coming in twice. Too much for all concerned IMO. The club cannot win here. Imagine if you were a season ticket holder who was at the game from away who would like to avoid having to come back the next day for your ticket for Sunday (with no guarantee of getting one). The matter is really in the hands of a party who obviously don't/won't care about the problems faced by Town fans.
Posted by: mariner91, May 3, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 115
Quoted from nightrider

It was about 600 and it was further away on a Thursday night.
Posted by: JMT, May 3, 2016, 12:13pm; Reply: 116
Don't think I'll be going now, need 4 tickets but have only got 1 season ticket! Gutted is an understatement!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 3, 2016, 12:27pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from barralad

600 vouchers would generally mean people coming in twice. Too much for all concerned IMO. The club cannot win here. Imagine if you were a season ticket holder who was at the game from away who would like to avoid having to come back the next day for your ticket for Sunday (with no guarantee of getting one). The matter is really in the hands of a party who obviously don't/won't care about the problems faced by Town fans.

Understand what you're saying Barra - I would be more concerned about numbers of Town fans turning up on Sunday without a ticket if I'm honest (dependent on Thursday's result, of course!.)
Posted by: JMT, May 3, 2016, 1:23pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from Grimal
I can't make it Sunday ,If anyone wants my season ticket you are more than welcome to it. I will be at the match Thursday night if anyone wishes to collect it from me.

anychance you can answer your pm please?
Posted by: barralad, May 3, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Understand what you're saying Barra - I would be more concerned about numbers of Town fans turning up on Sunday without a ticket if I'm honest (dependent on Thursday's result, of course!.)

Oh don't get me wrong. I think 600 is ridiculous. There is no time for them to change their minds after Thursday. They should've let Town print the tickets like so many other clubs have this and other seasons from today.
Posted by: lukeo, May 3, 2016, 7:31pm; Reply: 120
just wait and see what happens, if we don't get more than 600 then just buy tickets for the home stand and get as close to grimsby fans as possible and just be there to support the boys.
Posted by: LostInSpace, May 3, 2016, 8:25pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from psgmariner

this is the exact phrase that "king vince" at fgr quoted when allocating tickets for their home leg against rovers,but when he finally realises that his team's support will not go near to sustain his dream of  top quality football then i can see a crush and burn scenario... this could also be the same at Braintree.... money talks in all ways of life and if trying to satisfy a few who "could be ar8ed" to turn up " for sunday in place of a virtual sell out of possibly a 1000 + then i think someone needs to get the abacus out
Posted by: Grimal, May 4, 2016, 12:33am; Reply: 122
Quoted from JMT

anychance you can answer your pm please?

Sorry for late reply,Ive just sent you a PM.

Posted by: samg, May 4, 2016, 10:08am; Reply: 123
Still looking for 2 tickets for Sunday if anyone can help?
Posted by: MrFisherman, May 4, 2016, 6:23pm; Reply: 124
Just been to the club to get my play off tickets and the club seem to think that all 650 tickets will be bought by season tickets and Braintree aren't very forthcoming about any extra tickets for the end leg :'(
Posted by: LH, May 4, 2016, 6:29pm; Reply: 125
Really? Another thread?
Posted by: sydney, May 4, 2016, 8:25pm; Reply: 126
Me and the boy need two tickets or tips to get in Sunday
Please
Come on Town!!
Posted by: pizzzza, May 4, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from samg
Still looking for 2 tickets for Sunday if anyone can help?

They're still in Braintree along with 598 others.
Posted by: mariner91, May 4, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 128
Looking at the Braintree forum, there will be no tickets sold on the day. The tickets aren't even on sale yet. They're clearly not bothered about filling the ground, gonna be a lot of empty space.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 4, 2016, 9:48pm; Reply: 129
Seem to remember going there when the ticket on the gate was a raffle ticket type thing, maybe the local pound shop has run out of books.

Really stupid this as if they and the rossers just stepped back made a proper plan then everybody home and away could get in and it would be packed to the rafters and a great atmosphere.

What a fcuk up in the making.  

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 4, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 130
Alternatively, we can give them a pasting tomorrow night and have the ground to ourselves on Sunday.
Posted by: samg, May 4, 2016, 10:13pm; Reply: 131
I'm sorted for st stubs now thanks to the forum - there's 2 more spare pm supersixty if interested ๐Ÿ‘
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2016, 10:51pm; Reply: 132
That would be nice Hackney. Can't see it to be honest. Don't think we have the mentality but I'll be more than happy to eat humble pie on that.
Posted by: sydney, May 4, 2016, 11:28pm; Reply: 133
Yes please on any stubs
Thanks
Come on Town!!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 5, 2016, 12:13am; Reply: 134
More wishful thinking than a prediction Kingston!  We can but hope!

Looks like I'll be going in the Braintree end on Sunday either way.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 5, 2016, 12:24am; Reply: 135
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
More wishful thinking than a prediction Kingston!  We can but hope!

Looks like I'll be going in the Braintree end on Sunday either way.

Shhhhh!

I don't think you'll be alone.  ;)
Posted by: Supersixty, May 5, 2016, 6:39am; Reply: 136
All my season ticket stubs are now taken...Thanx :)
Posted by: easypeersy, May 5, 2016, 6:40am; Reply: 137
I am getting a ticket in Braintree's home end bought for me by my Braintree friend. Whey hey!
Posted by: easypeersy, May 5, 2016, 6:42am; Reply: 138
I am more concerned by the incredibly low amount of tickets we have sold for the home leg. 4500 is pathetic. Where is everyone. This match should have sold out!
Posted by: DickBarton, May 5, 2016, 7:23am; Reply: 139
Quoted from easypeersy
I am more concerned by the incredibly low amount of tickets we have sold for the home leg. 4500 is pathetic. Where is everyone. This match should have sold out!

Some prefer to sit behind the computer moaning.
Posted by: Caesar, May 5, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 140
I am more concerned by the number of people ready to slate our own fans before a ball has been kicked.  Yeah we always want more fans to be there but lets face it Thursday night at 7 can be tough for many.  Its not about numbers its about noise, our 400 at FGR produced one of the best atmospheres I have ever experienced, our 1,000 at Gateshead didn't.  Lets stop moaning about ticket sales and concentrate on making it a night that makes people who are not there through work, time and inability to get there become embittered towards their circumstances, and those that didn't bother to tun up rue their decision.
UTM

P.S.On the original topic, I said before so I shall say again, Braintree are usless and inviting problems giving us such a paltry amount
Posted by: DickBarton, May 5, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 141
Quoted from Caesar
I am more concerned by the number of people ready to slate our own fans before a ball has been kicked.  Yeah we always want more fans to be there but lets face it Thursday night at 7 can be tough for many.  Its not about numbers its about noise, our 400 at FGR produced one of the best atmospheres I have ever experienced, our 1,000 at Gateshead didn't.  Lets stop moaning about ticket sales and concentrate on making it a night that makes people who are not there through work, time and inability to get there become embittered towards their circumstances, and those that didn't bother to tun up rue their decision.
UTM

P.S.On the original topic, I said before so I shall say again, Braintree are usless and inviting problems giving us such a paltry amount

I wouldn't dream of slating "the fans", they will be at the ground if at all possible, and Sometimes it isn't possible due to circumstances. I'm slating the ones who could be there but chose to stay at home moaning.
Posted by: Caesar, May 5, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 142
Quoted from DickBarton

I wouldn't dream of slating "the fans", they will be at the ground if at all possible, and Sometimes it isn't possible due to circumstances. I'm slating the ones who could be there but chose to stay at home moaning.

Fair enough, I get that, I just think sometimes we get a lot of people moaning at the team, then a lot of people moaning at people for moaning, I am just hoping we can make BP a proper cauldron again tonight and feel sorry for those that cannot get there, and don't really care about and am ready to ignore those that could easily go but won't.
Posted by: DickBarton, May 5, 2016, 10:03am; Reply: 143
Quoted from Caesar

Fair enough, I get that, I just think sometimes we get a lot of people moaning at the team, then a lot of people moaning at people for moaning, I am just hoping we can make BP a proper caudron again tonight and feel sorry for those that cannot get there, and don't really care about and am ready to ignore those that could easily go but won't.

Yep, let's make make it sound like a full house right from the begining.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 5, 2016, 10:10am; Reply: 144
Braintree ticket office open 1-7 tomorrow (12-1 is for their (ten) season ticket holders only) Also open Saturday till 6pm
Posted by: Cloudy, May 5, 2016, 10:40am; Reply: 145
Allocation increased to 1,000
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 5, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 146
Quoted from Cloudy
Allocation increased to 1,000

Quite right, there away stand holds just over 1000. 600 was an insult. We can sell them all, and be in the home end (behave yourselves) as well.
Posted by: WokingMariner, May 5, 2016, 11:58pm; Reply: 147
Is the away end sold out?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 5, 2016, 11:58pm; Reply: 148
After tonight I would doubt it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 6, 2016, 1:07am; Reply: 149
Quoted from WokingMariner
Is the away end sold out?

I bought my tickets and was told we have sold approx. 600
Posted by: Davec, May 6, 2016, 6:42am; Reply: 150
There was a sizeable queue stretching the full length of the findus and beyond because I was in it
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 6, 2016, 7:29am; Reply: 151
Quoted from Davec
There was a sizeable queue stretching the full length of the findus and beyond because I was in it

I felt quite ashamed of myself last night as I walked through the die hards queing for tickets still steadfast in their support cos I had nothing left in the tank.Fair play to each and everyone one of them and I really hope your faith is rewarded.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 6, 2016, 11:07am; Reply: 152
I'm told that we've sold around 700. Not bad after that showing last night!
Posted by: AndyS, May 6, 2016, 4:43pm; Reply: 153
Has anyone worked out how to teleport  a Braintree ticket from the GTFC ticket office to Surrey. GTFC could not send one out & Braintree no help. If there are tickets spare such a shame that Town fans who want to support their club can't go Andy
Posted by: easypeersy, May 6, 2016, 9:21pm; Reply: 154
I had my Trust membership number, I had my credit card details and I wanted to purchase a ticket on the telephone.
I could not do it! Why not! I even said just let me buy it. Put my details down on a piece of paper and I will collect it later. They could not let me do that and this meant I had to go and fetch the ticket straights away, missing my golf tee off time! Grrrrrrrrrr!
Posted by: easypeersy, May 6, 2016, 9:22pm; Reply: 155
I hope we sell all 1000 tickets. We are only one goal down... Come on let's get behind the boys one more time!
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 7:02pm