Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

Hurst Out!

This thread currently has 41,151 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
February 20, 2016, 6:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,199
Gold Stars: 51
If we get to the play-off's I have no confidence in Hurst being tactical good enough to get us promoted. That's why I will not be going to Wembley if we get there, the disappointment will be bad enough not being there, being there will be totally depressing.

I hope I am wrong, but I can't see it.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 218
arryarryarry
February 20, 2016, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Biccys
JF is not the chairman, just for clarity.

In all but name.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 218
WetFlannel
February 20, 2016, 6:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
If we get to the play-off's I have no confidence in Hurst being tactical good enough to get us promoted. That's why I will not be going to Wembley if we get there, the disappointment will be bad enough not being there, being there will be totally depressing.

I understand your problems but please reconsider if we get there. The more fans we have behind the players in that situation the better our chances are. I'd hate to have less there to create an amazing atmosphere as last year. Let's be honest despite the final result the players were energised by the atmosphere last year and we were unlucky not to win. The disappointment sucks but just imagine if we cheer them on to victory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 218
GollyGTFC
February 20, 2016, 7:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,037
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from WetFlannel

I understand your problems but please reconsider if we get there. The more fans we have behind the players in that situation the better our chances are. I'd hate to have less there to create an amazing atmosphere as last year. Let's be honest despite the final result the players were energised by the atmosphere last year and we were unlucky not to win. The disappointment sucks but just imagine if we cheer them on to victory.

How were we unlucky not to win?

We played better than Bristol Rovers, but we didn't beat them. How is that unlucky? That's failing to get the job done in my book.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 218
GollyGTFC
February 20, 2016, 7:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

You're going (if we somehow get there). I'm not driving myself down there. I need my chauffeur.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 218
WetFlannel
February 20, 2016, 7:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

We played better than Bristol Rovers, but we didn't beat them. How is that unlucky? That's failing to get the job done in my book.

Come on, let's not be unfair. We lost a playoff final on penalties after a good performance. Maybe we should've 'gotten the job done', but anyone who wasn't proud of true fans, the atmosphere and the effort of the players isn't being fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 218
Japers
February 20, 2016, 7:18pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
excellent post bigdog
for me Hurst has to go and JF and the directors have to be strong and they can change the season.

Hursts recent outbursts have been ill informed.
we should be spoilt, in fact we should be more spoilt and be challenging for the title.
as fans who do not have the knowledge. ok there are always comedy posters but many managers have only played to a level that is below that of GTFC. Jose Mourinho , is a prime example.

The original tinker man seems to have learnt his lesson at Leicester and players at the current level we are at will be inconsistant, if not they would not be playing for our beloved GTFC,

But they need games and support to hit their form and as aplayer it must be incrediblt soul destroying when loan players come in who do not add anything to the main 11.

thank you PH you come accross as a decent bloke and have done your best but i am afraid Rob Scott is right i do not believe we will ever get promotion with you. Teams should be worried about playing GTFC and you should not be changing our team to accomodate them.
this is a division we should be winning most games.

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 218
GollyGTFC
February 20, 2016, 7:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from WetFlannel

Come on, let's not be unfair. We lost a playoff final on penalties after a good performance. Maybe we should've 'gotten the job done', but anyone who wasn't proud of true fans, the atmosphere and the effort of the players isn't being fair.

I don't doubt any of that, but we failed. How we failed is irrelevant. We failed. A great manager finds a way to succeed. A lesser manager finds a way to fail.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 218
WetFlannel
February 20, 2016, 7:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I don't doubt any of that, but we failed. How we failed is irrelevant. We failed. A great manager finds a way to succeed. A lesser manager finds a way to fail.

Right, but knowing that our chances are greater with a loud, large crowd surely we should take away any personal vendettas and get behind the boys in a potential final. I'm not arguing for or against Hurst right now so his greatness is irrelevant!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 218
headingly_mariner
February 20, 2016, 7:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think it was particularly unlucky that the ref decided not to send the Bristol keeper off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 218
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!

Thread Rating

There have been 6 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.