Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Hurst Out!

This thread currently has 40,819 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
February 24, 2016, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
If we don't win promotion through the play-offs, then it might be reasonable to look for a new manager. But what happens if we were to again unluckily lose the play-off final thanks in great part to a dodgy refereeing decision? Let's face it, we've not exactly had the benefit of many refereeing decisions in play-offs over the past decade.

If Hurst was to leave at the end of the season, I'd hope we had somebody else lined up or at the very least in mind beforehand. Hate to think of a lost summer with nothing happening at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 218
Mallyner
February 24, 2016, 3:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Maringer
If we don't win promotion through the play-offs, then it might be reasonable to look for a new manager. But what happens if we were to again unluckily lose the play-off final thanks in great part to a dodgy refereeing decision? Let's face it, we've not exactly had the benefit of many refereeing decisions in play-offs over the past decade.

If Hurst was to leave at the end of the season, I'd hope we had somebody else lined up or at the very least in mind beforehand. Hate to think of a lost summer with nothing happening at the club.

Somebody recently posted a list of out of work managers, perhaps one of those who have been sacked for failure, might bring us more success than 'Hurst'.  

I was going to put Paul, but that would have been another 10 red crosses.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 218
arryarryarry
February 24, 2016, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
I don't go with this dodgy refereeing excuse, yes he could have sent the keeper off, would they have replaced him with a substitute keeper and sacrificed an outfield player.

Teams are not guaranteed to win games just because they have one extra man. The reason we failed to win was that despite playing well we could only muster one effort on target all game and ultimately failed to get the winning goal.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 218
Maringer
February 24, 2016, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Well, you don't always break down teams with 10 men, but we were already in the lead. I'd like to think we'd have been good enough to catch them on the break at least once as they pushed for an equaliser, especially as they didn't really look like scoring much themselves with 11.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 218
Bigdog
April 1, 2016, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Obviously he's here until the end of the season. He seems a nice genuine bloke doing his best but it's clear to see it's not good enough or he's got the necessary experience. Grimsby Town FC cannot be the vehicle used for Paul Hurst's embryonic managerial career. Even if we scrape through the play-offs, I think it would be best for both parties to part company. He will have a promotion on his CV and good luck to him and we can have a fresh start with a manager who has experience of League One or Two. The Paul Hurst era at the club has gone stale and both parties need a break from each other. Failure in the play-offs? You would like to think that Fenty's decision will be straightforward.

I'm tired of watching the club I love being mismanaged so badly. I feel so sorry for our players and especially our superb fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 218
April 2, 2016, 9:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm tired of watching the club I love being mismanaged so badly. I feel so sorry for our players and especially our superb fans.

Yes, it comes down to this, like you my relationship with the Club is just going through the motions. Hurst has created a mess on all fronts, relationships with the fans, key players, poor style of play, squad selections and his poor use of funds in the transfer market.
Reply: 175 - 218
TAGG
April 2, 2016, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Get off Hursty back fcuk sake !! Would love to see you lot manage a team as good as he has with our budget !!

Are you still of the same opinion Mrs Hurst????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 218
dapperz fun pub
April 2, 2016, 10:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 28195

Yes, it comes down to this, like you my relationship with the Club is just going through the motions. Hurst has created a mess on all fronts, relationships with the fans, key players, poor style of play, squad selections and his poor use of funds in the transfer market.

Very accurate post sad to say
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 218
fishkeeper
April 2, 2016, 12:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
rubbish tactics
rubbish manager
rubbish non chairman
oh and complete rubbish  excuses time after time. WE HAVE THE MOST LOYAL FOLLOWING OF THIS LEAGUE BY FAR WHO HAVE PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP YEAR IN YEAR OUT . GETTING SLAGGED OFF BY THE BOARD AND TO BE TOLD WE PUNCH ABOVE OUR MEANS WELL MR HURST ,MR FENTY , AND OTHERS  I WILL NOT BE GOING TO WEMBLY TO WATCH THIS SEASON NOR WILL I BE RENEWING MY SEASON TICKET UNLESS THINGS CHANGE BIG STYLE.
AND  PUT YOUR  RED CROSSES OR  SAY I SHOULD SUPPORT THIS CLUB NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVE WATCHED THEM FOR 51 YRS NOT LIKE SOME ON HERE. WHO DONT EVEN GO BUT SLAG OTHERS OFF FOR THIER VIEWS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 218
grimsby pete
April 2, 2016, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
You cannot get rid now ,

BUT

His time must be up if he fails to get us back in the league this season,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 218
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating

There have been 6 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.