Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 68 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 5,532 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
November 22, 2011, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Solid performance, the work rate tonight was quality also the atmosphere in the Upper picked up towards the end, Elding played well, won more in the air tonight then in all of his game time this season, I'anson and pearson was good as was most of the team although serge and panthers control tonight was very poor same Saturday but besides that they played well so did the team as a whole.

Keep it up.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
davmariner
November 22, 2011, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 79
Just got home (York), thought we were the better team tonight but as Ginnywings said they kept the ball better.

Thought that Panther was absolutely terrible; he could not do anything right and I think the faliure to take him off in the second half could have cost us the game if they were a bit more luckier.

Elding was excellent tonight and worked his balderdash off, as did Liam Hearn.

Special mention for Charlie I'Anson who was a rock at the back, was very impressed by him; he was solid and showed great character. Pearson was good also.

In general I just feel we need to keep the ball better and for longer and we also need to be smarter off the ball also. Great win overall!

UTM!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 11:33pm
Guest User
Get in you little fookin beauty !!!

Another of those great Blundell Park cup shock nights.

We rode our luck (Vale really should have scored) but played some great stuff ourselves at times.

Draw might have been fairer but maybe we did deserve to win for sheer effort and a great performance all round.
A lot more solid and organised tonight !

After the goal we sat back a bit as you'd expect to protect what we had (Vale went 4 up front late), but we still looked dangerous on the break.

We started to panic and struggled to keep possession and composure but the longer it went on, more and more the emphasis was running down the clock with the crowd singing.

Well done everyone !

McKeown 8.5 Kept us in the match with some great saves and blocks. Commanding in the box too. Only fault looked a bit slow off his line at times.

Townsend 8 - Played some cracking passes to feet. Quality player, shame he'll be going. If Green's half as good we'll be fine. Thanks for everything Conor and good luck !

Pearson 8 - Commanding and won virtually everything in the air. Solid.

I'Anson 8 - Equally solid, good movement and wanted that header ! Closed down well.

Wood 7 - Was caused problems for pace at times right flank. Some sloppy passes but some good bit's of control too.

Makofo 7 - Generally ineffective for me, but a quality handball and great finish. You can knock him yes, but he's got this habit of popping up with crucial goals recently. His threat looked somewhat nullified vs league players tonight though and got robbed a bit too deep for me. Would have subbed him earlier personally but nevertheless worked hard and deserves his fair share of credit.

Panther 6 - Showed flashes of class but sloppy and not on his game tonight 1st half. Seemed a bit static at times tonight when he should have been moving his @rse closing people down like others. Got steadier as the game wore on.

Disley 8 - Great all round performance I thought, some great bits of composure, broke up the play remarkably well and worked hard too.

Coulson 7.5 Looked up for it and worked really hard 1st half, covering back for a superb tackle at one point.
Went out the game into panic mode 2nd half but certainly chipped in.

Hearn 7.5 - Not at the races 1st half with a few sloppy bits of control but great movement and work ethic all game.
Should have really scored into the gaping left corner when clean through 1st half but blasted it over the bar. Got better as the game went on holding the ball up. Could have had a crack but set up Elding for a good chance...

Elding 9(MOM) Superb, best performance I've seen. Never seen him win so many headers ! Played some lovely passes too and never stopped running all game. Some have accused me of being a "Duffy fan" but play like this every week, you won't get in Rob ! Only slight disappointment was didn't hit the target from a couple of good chances.
Reply: 42 - 67
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 11:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
For the one that hit the post in the first half, I thought McKeown actually made a very good save. It was an awkward shot which looked to be sliding in and from my angle it looked as though he did well to get a hand to it.

That's exactly what I thought.

Reply: 43 - 67
black an white stripes
November 23, 2011, 9:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
thought last night was a fantastic performance by the lads,over the 2 legs they deserved to go through...

there was some very good performances,
macca,

ianson,

pearson,

townsend,

disley,

elding,

hearn,
...can anyone remember scotts comments about his team over the pass always contain at least 6-7 players producing....but at the moment were carrying 8-9 players and it aint good enough an when picking the team he an hurst have only 2-3 players that play every week.........

well scotty your team selection should be made very easy for you come sat as you had at least 7 players who where outstanding an could of easly picked up mom award...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
springstomind
November 23, 2011, 2:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I reckon this team should be kept for future matches ... worked great together.

If needs be when Townsend goes see whats going on with Green .. and if tiredness or injuries Garner for Pearson or I'Anson ad Panther can be rotated after tonight but i'd certainly leave Kempson out for the near future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
cmackenzie4
November 23, 2011, 2:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from springstomind
I reckon this team should be kept for future matches ... worked great together.

If needs be when Townsend goes see whats going on with Green .. and if tiredness or injuries Garner for Pearson or I'Anson ad Panther can be rotated after tonight but i'd certainly leave Kempson out for the near future

Did our defence look solid last night springstomind ?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
Super Clive
November 23, 2011, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Yer it did Chris, totally the way forward on that performance hopefully they stick together for a few years could be the catalyst to get us promoted in a few seasons  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
cmackenzie4
November 23, 2011, 3:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Super Clive
Yer it did Chris, totally the way forward on that performance hopefully they stick together for a few years could be the catalyst to get us promoted in a few seasons  

Lets hope so mate  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
lee65
November 23, 2011, 3:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,487
Gold Stars: 10
Pearson played well, but he is very slow.  Needs I'anson with him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.