Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who goes and who stays?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 71 Guests

Who goes and who stays?

This thread currently has 4,674 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 3:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from connorGTFC
I have to disagree with most on this. I belive Duffy has done very well for us this season. He has not scored many but if you take away Mr Hearns " " games", then duffy has scored more. He is top of the assists chart and in my opinion is becoming you lots BOO BOY again which is extremely unfair. You moan about players having no passion, duffy shows us and gets called a moaner YOU CANT WIN if you play for GTFC

Lot of truth in that IMO.

But again, I'd guess his stay or exit boils down to wages.

Or is chopping every high earner always the right answer if going further backwards(if we can) means fewer gate receipts ?

If we knew all these players wages it would make things much easier...
Reply: 60 - 63
cardiffmariner
November 22, 2011, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Tommy
I'd expect most of the players signed by Woods to be leaving us in the summer. Especially since some of them are supposedly the higher paid players - Arthur, Kempson, Ridley (all certainties to leave us IMO).

We won't be paying anyone off (Fenty's had enough of paying people off) so those under contract will stay with us. Which I'm generally happy with apart from Makofo who I would release in January if anyone wants to take him.

As Maringer (I think it was) has said, its hard to predict with a lot of other players. If we'd got shot of Rob Jones after his terrible first 6 months, we'd probably never have been in a promotion battle up until the last game of the season the following year. Players do sometimes take time to settle, and we have to remember some of our players are experiencing full time football for the first time this season. And as a group of players combined, they've only had 3 months of playing games together. Things do take time. We talk about being patient with managers, should we be a little more patient with players too?

I'd probably like to see three quarters of the squad kept together, as a minimum. With S&H offloading the higher earners and a couple of signings that they've realised aren't going to cut it and replacing them with proven BSP players.

And before we start saying we need to sign Green let's see if he can stay fit for more than 2 weeks at a time first.

Remember no manager has a 100 per cent success rate with signings (even top premier league bosses) and that's why we need the stability for the managers to improve on the poor signings whilst still building the same general squad.

Its painful at the moment when its as bad as Saturday was, but we've got to be patient and stick with it.

UTM.

Agree with pretty much all of that.  We have to do with these two and the players what we didnt do with Woods and his squad.  When wiil some realise that?

Just to play devils advocate, where would be without Makofo's recent goals?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
cod.gtfc
November 22, 2011, 5:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Agree with pretty much all of that.  We have to do with these two and the players what we didnt do with Woods and his squad.  When wiil some realise that?

Just to play devils advocate, where would be without Makofo's recent goals?  

To also play devils advocate, if Makofo wasn't on the pitch somebody else would have been, how do you know they wouldn't also have scored, or scored/contributed more than Makofo.

Its like people saying were would we be last season with Connells goals? well we will never know, could have been worse off, might have been better off, too many ifs and buts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
cardiffmariner
November 22, 2011, 7:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from cod.gtfc

To also play devils advocate, if Makofo wasn't on the pitch somebody else would have been, how do you know they wouldn't also have scored, or scored/contributed more than Makofo.

Its like people saying were would we be last season with Connells goals? well we will never know, could have been worse off, might have been better off, too many ifs and buts.

Oh I know, wasn't expecting anyone to take it so seriously!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who goes and who stays?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.