Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who goes and who stays?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 83 Guests

Who goes and who stays?

This thread currently has 4,680 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
November 20, 2011, 8:22pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,263
Gold Stars: 10
Ok so a 3rd of the season has passed which I think is enough time to analyse the squad.... So simple question who are you not impressed with, if we could fast forward to next summer who would you let go.

As things stand I would get rid of:

Arthur - must be on a good wage so I think we could bring in someone else to warm the bench (or not) on a cheaper contract. Wasted money IMO.

Kempson - been truly shocking for the most part this season

Ridley - Too slow and doesn't offer enough of a threat going forward.

Silk - Had high hopes for him after being voted Mansfield's POTY, too slow and a bit lightweight IMO.

Artus - Good touch, decent range of passing and posseses some skill but more of a luxury player who need time on the ball which you just dont get in this league, the sort of player you add to an already good team not if your trying to build one, bit Sqeeney esq IMO.

Spencer - Was expecting him to be our Akinfenwa, the big target man who hold off and bully opposition centre halfs and bring others into play. I know he hasnt had a run in the team but when he has played I have not been overly impressed. If he could put together a sustained run of fitness then I would maybe give him another six months!

I think if we can replace these then we will have the makings of a good team.

Please give reasons for your choices and not just a list of names, even better if you can suggest players you like to see come in, unfortunately my knowledge of the BSP players is not what it perhaps should be.

Should hopefully spark a healthy Sunday night debate while the Mrs watches Desperate Factor!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
CatchOfTheDay
November 20, 2011, 8:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
Ridley gets outmuscled and to slow so get rid of him

Silk because too slow again and wood will be first over him all the time

Arthur because I agree he probably gets high-ish wages to say he doesn't even get on the bench

To name a few of them

A few players to come in;

Josh Coulson (if Cambridge don't get promoted)
Michel Kuipers (crawley) to replace Arthur
Durrell Berry (Plymouth) to replace silk
Jordan Parkes (Barnet) to replace Ridley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
November 20, 2011, 8:39pm
Guest User
I agree with the above .I think Duffy can go for me , dont think he is consistent enough and dont think he can hold the ball up which is his job  . He has improved but i think its a waste of a wage , one positive is that alot of the players contracts run out so it wont cost as much in the budget .You never know but they might improve  threw out the season , to early to judge yet . Also i dont think we need Garner , to much like Pearson for me .
Reply: 2 - 63
cod.gtfc
November 20, 2011, 8:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
I'd get rid of Pearson over Garner.

Easier to list the players we should keep than the ones who can go

Keep:
Hearn, Elding, Coulson, Disley, Church (if his loan improves him), Wood, Garner, I'Anson, Green, Mckeown

rest are not good enough for team that wants play-offs minimum

10 players to keep, ouch, things are worse than I thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
upthestripes
November 20, 2011, 8:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from cod.gtfc
I'd get rid of Pearson over Garner.

What I was thinking. Pearson is now 'one for the future' though, according to the post match.
First thing however, imho, is to ensure we actually have a future.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
cod.gtfc
November 20, 2011, 8:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from upthestripes

What I was thinking. Pearson is now 'one for the future' though, according to the post match.
First thing however, imho, is to ensure we actually have a future.

What does that make Garner then, seen as he's younger than Pearson isn't he? and captained England C and Mansfield at this level already in his career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
petethemariner
November 20, 2011, 8:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Looking at that you have to question the  Managers signings, our two Boston wonderkids Pearson  and Church have played less than half the games and Church is now out on loan, Spencer hardly any time on the pitch, no-one really knows if he is any good or not, Silk  in and out and Artus usually warms the bench, they have used players such as Makofo and Duffy, who they  apparently wanted rid of, far more frequently..
The only 'success' has been Hearn and possibly  the keeper (who's performances have  still  been a bit in and out) You could argue that  S & H have frittered a good budget away on poor signings - probably the last time we will have a good budget for years  -we will have nothing like 900K next year - if we survive.
I wanted S & H to be a success, but i think they have been in charge long enough now to make a judgement on them and IMO ( and it is only my opinion) i think they are pretty clueless, constant knee jerk 'tactical' decisions, no man management skills whatsoever,  which creates players frightened to take a chance and express themselves, defensively we are a shambles and in short i believe we are even  more lacking now than  we were under Woodsie - and that takes some doing.
S & H will survive, purely because of the shambolic state of the club at boardroom level, however  although i accept we have had a big turnover of  Managers over the past decade i do not buy into the idea  that the present occupants of the managers job are untouchable purely because of our managerial turnover - if someone is poor at their job in any walk of life they do not survive and so far, in my opinion, these two have been poor at their job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
wigworld
November 20, 2011, 8:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from upthestripes

Pearson's not that young. How long do you want to give him?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 63
Abdul19
November 20, 2011, 8:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
What a sorry state of affairs that yet again we are seeing threads listing highly paid players who we want rid of.

And as per usual, no one else will want them.

The cycle continues.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
upthestripes
November 20, 2011, 9:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from cod.gtfc

What does that make Garner then, seen as he's younger than Pearson isn't he? and captained England C and Mansfield at this level already in his career.

You'll have to ask S&H that

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who goes and who stays?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.