Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who goes and who stays?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 65 Guests

Who goes and who stays?

This thread currently has 4,673 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
upthestripes
November 20, 2011, 9:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from wigworld

Pearson's not that young. How long do you want to give him?

It wasn't my opinion - I said "according to the post match [interview]"

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
ginnywings
November 21, 2011, 2:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Arthur to go.60k a year to commentate on games is mental.I doubt they'll sign another keeper because they never have one on the bench and if there is an injury,then a loan will suffice.

Ridley likewise.Another 60k a year to sit in the stands.That's 120,000k a year for two players nowhere near the first team.No wonder we are making such big losses.Hopefully,some will agree to go in Jan and we can get some new blood in but if they want to sit out the remainder of the season and collect their wages,then they are entitled to do so.

I think most,if not all players whose contracts are up will be gone,except for perhaps Church if he progresses on loan.

We'll have to ship out the rest of the bigger earners like Kempson and replace them with younger cheaper versions IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
ticker_1610
November 21, 2011, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Coulson has to shake off his ankle injury and be consistent for 90 mins and several games in a row. He's got the qualities to do well at this level but this season we've only had glimpses of the player he should be week in week out! Duffy out he's not the right partner for Hearn n is not upto standard as a target man. Ridley, old, weak n slow, n injury prone of late. Eagle doesn't really bring owt as a wide player no pace, poor delivery, but can pass the ball but better available. Silk, injury prone n weak positional sense a bit awray at times. Artus, would rather have kept Leary!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
Southwark Mariner
November 21, 2011, 3:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
this is exactly what I was looking at this morning

I used Cod Almighty's contract tracker and we have 5 players with contracts that aren't up in the summer (I've underlined them)so I've included them (so we don't have to pay them off)

we have an option for a second year with McKeown so sign him
wood, L'anson, Pearson, Green
Disley,Church, Thanoj,Makofo
Hearn, Southwell

and for subs perhaps: Panther, Elding, Garner and some new cheap players or season long loans

edit...probably need Coulson for right midfield

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
Garth
November 21, 2011, 3:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from petethemariner
Looking at that you have to question the  Managers signings, our two Boston wonderkids Pearson  and Church have played less than half the games and Church is now out on loan, Spencer hardly any time on the pitch, no-one really knows if he is any good or not, Silk  in and out and Artus usually warms the bench, they have used players such as Makofo and Duffy, who they  apparently wanted rid of, far more frequently..
The only 'success' has been Hearn and possibly  the keeper (who's performances have  still  been a bit in and out) You could argue that  S & H have frittered a good budget away on poor signings - probably the last time we will have a good budget for years  -we will have nothing like 900K next year - if we survive.
I wanted S & H to be a success, but i think they have been in charge long enough now to make a judgement on them and IMO ( and it is only my opinion) i think they are pretty clueless, constant knee jerk 'tactical' decisions, no man management skills whatsoever,  which creates players frightened to take a chance and express themselves, defensively we are a shambles and in short i believe we are even  more lacking now than  we were under Woodsie - and that takes some doing.
S & H will survive, purely because of the shambolic state of the club at boardroom level, however  although i accept we have had a big turnover of  Managers over the past decade i do not buy into the idea  that the present occupants of the managers job are untouchable purely because of our managerial turnover - if someone is poor at their job in any walk of life they do not survive and so far, in my opinion, these two have been poor at their job.

WHSX100
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 63
black an white stripes
November 21, 2011, 3:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
players that should go for me

arthur, not agile enough
silk, light weight
kempson, never been a pro footballer, cant even head a ball straight...50p head.
ridley, too slow dont get tight to the winger
artus, fa""y needs time on the ball to produce
spencer, just not good enough..to be fair not seen a great deal of him in a gtfc shirt but should be on bench pushing but not...
duffy, lack of aggression,movement,goals, brings nothing to table, ok can win a few flick ons, apart from that offers nowt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
Garth
November 21, 2011, 3:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
My choice for going

Arthur---- decent keeper but not wanted by the duo so waste of money

Ridley---- was decent enough but playing in a league higher now than his ability

Silk----  I thought he was slow and crude pre season again not good enough

Pearson---- Poor signing totally overated

Artus---- Again a poor signing showing no promise whatsoever

Duffy----Too lazy we can do better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
Paris Mariner
November 21, 2011, 4:24pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Duffy. Only looks interested when we're winning, other than that he's just a moaner.

Arthur. I've never rated him, I don't mind his commentary though.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 63
moosey_club
November 21, 2011, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Silk, Ridley, Spencer to go as missed too many matches through injury or just not being good enough.

I presume Artus will go as he seems to be out in the cold, would personally keep him as he has some control of the ball and is comfortable in possession in any circumstance.

Arthur will go as out of favour, Mckeown despite several howlers and some pretty poor displays does not seem to get questioned so bye bye Kenny.

One of the centre halves will get the chop, probably Garner.

I was told the other day that during a training session they had a game and awarded the man of the match to......Robbie Stockdale!!! Maybe he will return to playing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
black an white stripes
November 21, 2011, 4:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
[quote=1484]Duffy. Only looks interested when we're winning, other than that he's just a moaner.

yes would definitely agree with that 100% his moaning antics are cringe worthy they are not even constructive criticism....just moaning for the sake of it, to make himself look good, and for us fans to say duffy has passion and leadership........................................no you look a tw"t grow up move your ar"e an be a team player, its not all about you duffy..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who goes and who stays?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.