This thread currently has 5,237 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
The Singing Fisherman
November 20, 2011, 2:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
I understand life as a Town fan is very frustrating at the moment and as been for the last 10 years. And I agree with some of the moaners on here about certain issues with the club(But keep it on here). I have been supporting Town for 26 years and I have seen some shambolic games in my time and I have gone home so so angry. But not once have I Booed my team. I choose not to boo because I want my team to do well and win and achieve something. If I was trying to get on with my job at work and the customers were booing me im sure it would affect my performance at doing my job. I also dont understand how slating individual players helps there confidence at all. I dont get it at all. Can somebody explain to me how booing and slating players helps the team? Surely the best way to get the best out of the players and be the 12th man is to get behind the team and spur them on not abuse them. If your a true fan and you want grimsby to succeed why boo?. Rant Over. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2011, 2:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,084
Gold Stars: 85
happens at every club its no different here than anywhere else imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
I believe in Cod
November 20, 2011, 3:00pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I understand life as a Town fan is very frustrating at the moment and as been for the last 10 years. And I agree with some of the moaners on here about certain issues with the club(But keep it on here). I have been supporting Town for 26 years and I have seen some shambolic games in my time and I have gone home so so angry. But not once have I Booed my team. I choose not to boo because I want my team to do well and win and achieve something. If I was trying to get on with my job at work and the customers were booing me im sure it would affect my performance at doing my job. I also dont understand how slating individual players helps there confidence at all. I dont get it at all. Can somebody explain to me how booing and slating players helps the team? Surely the best way to get the best out of the players and be the 12th man is to get behind the team and spur them on not abuse them. If your a true fan and you want grimsby to succeed why boo?. Rant Over. UTM

Finally someone with some common sense! Well Said!

I have to constantly listen to idiots, yes pure idiots, sat around me in my season ticket seat which ive had for 5 years now, there are so many misinformed opinions from people that just personify the word moron. It's very frustrating. Peter Bore used to get a hammering from the Lower Smiths, maybe it was them that knocked his confidence. I'm taking ear plugs from now on!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 20, 2011, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Maybe it does happen at other clubs,I still dont get how it helps the team. Or any team for there own fans to boo and slate players. Maybe its just me but I like to get behind my team even when things arent going so well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 20, 2011, 3:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from I believe in Cod

Finally someone with some common sense! Well Said!

I have to constantly listen to idiots, yes pure idiots, sat around me in my season ticket seat which ive had for 5 years now, there are so many misinformed opinions from people that just personify the word moron. It's very frustrating. Peter Bore used to get a hammering from the Lower Smiths, maybe it was them that knocked his confidence. I'm taking ear plugs from now on!

Thankyou  I believe in cod   Its been building up for along time. It is very frustrating indeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
November 20, 2011, 3:25pm
Guest User
I must admit I lost it for a few seconds yesterday when Kempson put the ball in the stand for the upteenth time and I did shout about the pitch being 100 yards wide. Kempson heard me and reacted and I regretted it. Football is a passionate game, I do support the team but I can understand some people getting drunk off.
Reply: 5 - 64
Fishfinger
November 20, 2011, 3:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
[quote=2931]I understand life as a Town fan is very frustrating at the moment and as been for the last 10 years. And I agree with some of the moaners on here about certain issues with the club(But keep it on here). I have been supporting Town for 26 years and I have seen some shambolic games in my time and I have gone home so so angry. But not once have I Booed my team. I choose not to boo because I want my team to do well and win and achieve something. If I was trying to get on with my job at work and the customers were booing me im sure it would affect my performance at doing my job. I also dont understand how slating individual players helps there confidence at all. I dont get it at all. Can somebody explain to me how booing and slating players helps the team? Surely the best way to get the best out of the players and be the 12th man is to get behind the team and spur them on not abuse them. If your a true fan and you want grimsby to succeed why boo?. Rant Over.
Brilliant post! Agree with all of that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
flash1
November 20, 2011, 3:55pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1

Very good post,but unfortunatly it,ll fall on death ears with half of the fishy users i,m affraid!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
woodi147
November 20, 2011, 4:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75
I must admit I lost it for a few seconds yesterday when Kempson put the ball in the stand for the upteenth time and I did shout about the pitch being 100 yards wide. Kempson heard me and reacted and I regretted it. Football is a passionate game, I do support the team but I can understand some people getting drunk off.

If you had the abatis jacket on you lost it big time lol and certainly got kempson rattled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
November 20, 2011, 4:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from woodi147

If you had the abatis jacket on you lost it big time lol and certainly got kempson rattled.

Aye, that's me! I'd had enough!

Felt bad afterwards though but I don't see why he keeps hammering the ball out of play when he's got 100 yards of space to hit!
Reply: 9 - 64
aldi_01
November 20, 2011, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I have no regret for the abuse I hurled at kempsOn yesterday and as for the person who mentioned Bore, he was his own worst enemy.

Booing happens at every club and seems to happen more now. May be it has to do with the silly wages bein paid, the poor football on show (this is the same in every division. English football is poor at present) or may be people's expectations have changed. It could also be to do with the excrement being served up week in week out and the ridiculous ticket prices too.

I don't think booing works and it does feel like we have more morons than most but they won't go away. Best thing to do is ignore them. We know that statistically we have been the worse team to support for ten years so we'll get people moaning etc.

One thin I would say is if the players/managers/club don't like it, may be they should put in some performances we can applaud and cheer...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
rancido
November 20, 2011, 5:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,684
Gold Stars: 102

I totally agree. There was a bespectacled PORG ( person of restricted growth ) sat in the Upper Findus around seat J44 who was really getting on my mammaries.He was coming out with so much rubbish and bile but I think it was mostly Carling Syndrome. I eventually told him to try supporting the team instead of booing but obviously to no effect. One of his remarks was " I've paid my money so I will do as I want ". He eventually went just before we scored the first goal . The thing was that the "fans " who were sat with him seemed to be encouraging him but amazingly when we scored both goals there was no applauding or cheering just totally no reaction at all. If they feel like this then why come ? It's almost like a "Bear Pit " to some and only get their kicks when they have something to jeer at as opposed to cheer at.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
Super Clive
November 20, 2011, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from rancido

I totally agree. There was a bespectacled PORG ( person of restricted growth ) sat in the Upper Findus around seat J44 who was really getting on my mammaries.He was coming out with so much rubbish and bile but I think it was mostly Carling Syndrome. I eventually told him to try supporting the team instead of booing but obviously to no effect. One of his remarks was " I've paid my money so I will do as I want ". He eventually went just before we scored the first goal . The thing was that the "fans " who were sat with him seemed to be encouraging him but amazingly when we scored both goals there was no applauding or cheering just totally no reaction at all. If they feel like this then why come ? It's almost like a "Bear Pit " to some and only get their kicks when they have something to jeer at as opposed to cheer at.

lol  a few near me can't remember what number but about below the club shop in the upper was giving abuse most of the match and  two of them walked out after 60 mins lol missed both goals, male masturbators
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
STB
November 20, 2011, 5:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Fans thinking they can somehow criticise other fans make me laugh.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
Super Clive
November 20, 2011, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from STB
Fans thinking they can somehow criticise other fans make me laugh.

Fans that shout abuse at our players even before the match has been played make me laugh tbh.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
rancido
November 20, 2011, 5:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive

Fans that shout abuse at our players even before the match has been played make me laugh tbh.

They make me almost cry .
The guy who I mentioned earlier left after about 60 mins and when asked where he had gone somebody said " to the toilet " to which somebody else said " well I hope he has been flushed away with the other turds ".

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
ponnyfan
November 20, 2011, 6:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
The most entertaining bloke in the Ponny is the tall, thin bloke with glasses and a bald head. He sits towards the press box end and constantly shouts easy ball and second ball. Even he was getting rattled yesterday calling people male masturbators and generally shouting so much we thought he was going to give himself a coronary !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
thevera
November 20, 2011, 7:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from rancido

That particular moron goes every game and is not happy unless he is moaning. His quote was "I've paid my money I will moan all I want" A few games ago town went down early on and he was again in his element, we pulled the game back to win and when we scored the winner I turned to look at him and he was gutted. He will feel yesterday though that he left at the right time he would have hated to see the comeback no matter how unlikely it was.
The thing with him also is his language, his racist comments  and his homophobic references which is a disgrace with young fans about him. I am tempted to e mail the club and make them aware.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
Mariner Ronnie
November 20, 2011, 7:49pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from thevera

That particular moron goes every game and is not happy unless he is moaning. His quote was "I've paid my money I will moan all I want" A few games ago town went down early on and he was again in his element, we pulled the game back to win and when we scored the winner I turned to look at him and he was gutted. He will feel yesterday though that he left at the right time he would have hated to see the comeback no matter how unlikely it was.
The thing with him also is his language, his racist comments  and his homophobic references which is a disgrace with young fans about him. I am tempted to e mail the club and make them aware.

was it that same guy that was shouting 'what a load of rubbish' drunkily every 30 seconds?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
Quakerz
November 20, 2011, 7:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from 75
I must admit I lost it for a few seconds yesterday when Kempson put the ball in the stand for the upteenth time and I did shout about the pitch being 100 yards wide. Kempson heard me and reacted and I regretted it.

Why should you regret it, he's a professional footballer getting paid a very good wage at a big club and he should be able to keep the ball between the two touchlines as a minimum requirement to earn his pay packet.

The problem Grimsby and Darlington have is we are paying (judging by our losses) much more than we can afford to tossers who don't deserve the wage.

These are bad times for ex league clubs - viewed as a meal ticket by poor L2 players who think they can coast the BSP but the clubs are without the TV and league money to back the meal ticket up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
flash1
November 20, 2011, 8:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Quoted from thevera

if it bothered you that much why didnt you approach a steward and report him?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
lenny55
November 20, 2011, 10:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
in the time of bill shankly he said pound for pound grimsby town was the best team he ever managed.how about that coming from legend.he wanted to rebuild an ageing team but the club would not have it so he went to pastures new.where would gtfc be now if the club said build it and they will come. gtfc could have been doing what liverpool have.league championships fa cups european silverware.the mind boggles.if grimsby found a visionary man to take the club foreward at breakneck speed dont make the same mistake and nail behind to the blundell park dug out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
pleasegoup
November 20, 2011, 10:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
never mind shankly, we sacked alan buckley twice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
November 20, 2011, 10:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Quakerz

Why should you regret it, he's a professional footballer getting paid a very good wage at a big club and he should be able to keep the ball between the two touchlines as a minimum requirement to earn his pay packet.

In Kempson's defence, I'm sure he gives his all every game but he is a clogger of limited talent. He isn't good enough to play for this club in my opinion but I won't question his commitment so in that respect, perhaps I was unfair.
Reply: 23 - 64
I believe in Cod
November 20, 2011, 10:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Is anyone aware of the little rats that sit in the lower smiths? It was initially just Rat1 but he seems to have recruited Rat2 for this season. Constantly shouting "come on" or "get the ball" and rat2 has some more rather original insults "youre flipping garbage town" or "i've paid 14 quid for this garbage"

Anyone who sits around the pontoon end of the lower smiths will be aware of them im sure, i know the people who sit around me are all sick and tired of them,

is there anything we can do?

I actually think Rob Scott's notion works excellently in this instance 'if you dont like it dont flipping come!'

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
tashee69
November 20, 2011, 11:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
For once i did boo at half time. Not at an individual but the lack of performance and effort. I did not yell abuse at any town player (with the exception of Duffy to shut his gob seconds before he got booked YET AGAIN for constant arguing.)
Just one observation, do you not expect the managers to have had a go at certain players at half time. It would have been interesting if Ferguson was in charge what he would have done to them.....and i dont think it would have been "unlucky chaps", there would have been a few home truths told.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
1mickylyons
November 21, 2011, 10:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,431
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 75

In Kempson's defence, I'm sure he gives his all every game but he is a clogger of limited talent. He isn't good enough to play for this club in my opinion but I won't question his commitment so in that respect, perhaps I was unfair.

Your opinion seems spot on mate.If you add up Kempsons strengths and weaknesses he is in the team as a stopper to bully the opposition centre forwards and he got badly turned over on Saturday by the County targetman.In my opinion Kempo has some half decent games but like Nick Fenton he seems to get lost when playing against a bruiser and tries to win balls that he has no chance of winning and getting constantly caught out of position in his haste to get in front?To sum up Kempson seems an ideal squad player at this level but if he is worth a 1st eleven shirt week in week out then it shows how poor we are and explains our current league position and for Kempson see Makofo,Mckeown,Duffy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
lawless29
November 21, 2011, 3:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11

they pay their money their entitled to boo if you bought dodgy goods from shops then you would moan

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 21, 2011, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from lawless29

they pay their money their entitled to boo if you bought dodgy goods from shops then you would moan

That is utter balderdash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why are they entitled to boo? I bought a season ticket but I dont boo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
arryarryarry
November 21, 2011, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117

That is utter balderdash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why are they entitled to boo? I bought a season ticket but I dont boo.

Fair enough if you don't want boo such dire performances but it makes me laugh when some stand their applauding such crap results as at Hartlepool, Oldham, Chasetown, Braintree etc.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
big bad bob
November 21, 2011, 4:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -5
All I am asking for is for the players to give some effort during a game. But we are not exactly getting that at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 21, 2011, 4:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Fair enough if you don't want boo such dire performances but it makes me laugh when some stand their applauding such crap results as at Hartlepool, Oldham, Chasetown, Braintree etc.

Because we love our club! End of! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
voice of reason
November 21, 2011, 4:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Ah, the old 'i'm a better fan than you because I clap shite argument' resurfaces again... Has anyone suggested that our shocking performance on Saturday was the fans fault yet...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
ticker_1610
November 21, 2011, 4:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
The booing of Elding coming on from some in the Ponny was totally undeserved and disgraceful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 21, 2011, 4:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason
Ah, the old 'i'm a better fan than you because I clap shite argument' resurfaces again... Has anyone suggested that our shocking performance on Saturday was the fans fault yet...???

Its not about who's a better fan its about booing and slating players not doing any good to the players confidence at all. If you as fans want the team to do well then how is booing and slating players going to achieve that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
voice of reason
November 21, 2011, 4:52pm
Brandy Drinker

Its not about who's a better fan its about booing and slating players not doing any good to the players confidence at all. If you as fans want the team to do well then why is booing and slating players going to achieve that?

Firstly you're mistaking me for someone who boo's... Secondly I don't think booing is right in cases like ticker mentions when a player is coming on... I do think they shouldn't be immune from booing and criticsm when for 70 to 80 minutes they serve up such shite performances....

Lets not go down the predictable route of 'what would you do if you was being booed at work etc' footballers don't have a normal job, which isn't always such a bad thing for a player...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
rancido
November 21, 2011, 4:53pm

Special Brew Drinker

Its not about who's a better fan its about booing and slating players not doing any good to the players confidence at all. If you as fans want the team to do well then how is booing and slating players going to achieve that?

Exactly ! All booing will acheive is reduce players confidence and make them nervous about making a mistake. They will then just get rid of the ball like it is a hot potato and every chance of working to any kind of game plan will disappear. Booing is the most negative thing any fan can do and is totally counter productive.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
voice of reason
November 21, 2011, 4:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Exactly ! All booing will acheive is reduce players confidence and make them nervous about making a mistake. They will then just get rid of the ball like it is a hot potato and every chance of working to any kind of game plan will disappear. Booing is the most negative thing any fan can do and is totally counter productive.

Playing shite week in week out is as negative as a player can get, clapping the players shiteness is also counter productive...

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
rancido
November 21, 2011, 5:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
[quote=1798]

Playing shite week in week out is as negative as a player can get, clapping the players shiteness is also counter productive...[/quote]

Who mentioned anything about clapping a bad performance ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
lawless29
November 21, 2011, 6:14pm

Table Wine Drinker

because you dont means no one else should take your head out your own ar** and up your stadards why should i or anybody be happy paying money to watch sub standard shite week in week out year on year

[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
Meza
November 21, 2011, 7:07pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.82
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,657
Gold Stars: 50
Unfortunately you will never get rid of the moaning gits even if we were top of the league some would still moan why because the players are not playing or passing the ball to the individuals liking or the fact that there just moaning b*****ds. Like many on here I have been frustrated with some performances but that's life sometimes we can't all win, as long as they put the effort in and create chances I'll be happy. The only criticism I have of the deadly duo is that rotating the team in the wake of gaining some consistency is making it hard for ourselves.  I just wish he would stick with the same side for atleast a month you never know the majority might actually gather some momentum.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 21, 2011, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from lawless29

because you dont means no one else should take your head out your own ar** and up your stadards why should i or anybody be happy paying money to watch sub standard shite week in week out year on year

I think you and alot of others need to wake up smell the coffee and realise we are a flipping Non league club now! Its called non league for a reason because the quality of football is alot worse than the league. What do you expect- Barcelona football? It aint going to happen. Untill people get used to the fact we are a non league club playing in non league football this club aint going anywhere. And going back to the subject of my thread-Booing and slating the players isn't going to help us get out this league either!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
woodi147
November 21, 2011, 7:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1

I think you and alot of others need to wake up smell the coffee and realise we are a flipping Non league club now! Its called non league for a reason because the quality of football is alot worse than the league. What do you expect- Barcelona football? It aint going to happen. Untill people get used to the fact we are a non league club playing in non league football this club aint going anywhere. And going back to the subject of my thread-Booing and slating the players isn't going to help us get out this league either!

At last someone who talks some sense.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 21, 2011, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from big bad bob
All I am asking for is for the players to give some effort during a game. But we are not exactly getting that at the moment

I think the players are putting in effort,coming back from 2-0 down proves that. I just think we are making too many stupid mistakes that are costing us at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
lawless29
November 21, 2011, 8:25pm

Table Wine Drinker

im not a imbecile i realise were not barca you loon why should i not boo if i feel those players havent given their all for us i dont mind losing week in week out as long as the team tries its best and gives it all its got

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
ponnyfan
November 22, 2011, 12:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from ticker_1610
The booing of Elding coming on from some in the Ponny was totally undeserved and disgraceful.
Totally agree with that - mindless morons

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
CairnsMariner
November 22, 2011, 2:21pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from lawless29

I love this argument. There should be much more booing. Next time my phone bill comes in incorrectly or I receive shoddy service at my local supermarket, I am going to stand outside the Telstra Shop or Woolworth's and boo loudly. If any employee comes near me, particularly one that I don't think is giving 100%, I shall herang and abuse them. Obviously, being such a pussycat, I won't actually approach anyone and abuse them directly, unless I am backed up my a sizeable crowd of disgruntled, likeminded customers. However, I am pretty sure that my booing will increase accuracy, accountability, performance and results no end. There's even a ready-made chant for the Bakery section of the supermarket: "Who made all the pies...." backed by a chorus of booing and loud whistling.

Mate, you should boo your English teacher too. "BOOOOO, sssssssssssssssssss"

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
STB
November 22, 2011, 2:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -22
If I go to a game, I'll do what the fook I want regarding cheering, booing or whatever.
Thankfully, the coonts on the pitch and the 'management' have devalued the product so much, I have taken superrob's advice and facked off after 30 odd years of being at almost every home game and many away games.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
rancido
November 22, 2011, 3:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from CairnsMariner

I love this argument. There should be much more booing. Next time my phone bill comes in incorrectly or I receive shoddy service at my local supermarket, I am going to stand outside the Telstra Shop or Woolworth's and boo loudly. If any employee comes near me, particularly one that I don't think is giving 100%, I shall herang and abuse them. Obviously, being such a pussycat, I won't actually approach anyone and abuse them directly, unless I am backed up my a sizeable crowd of disgruntled, likeminded customers. However, I am pretty sure that my booing will increase accuracy, accountability, performance and results no end. There's even a ready-made chant for the Bakery section of the supermarket: "Who made all the pies...." backed by a chorus of booing and loud whistling.

Very well put but unfortunately this will fly completely over the head of the boo boys.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
lawless29
November 22, 2011, 3:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from CairnsMariner

what a twa* no if your phone bill is wrong then phone not boo it wont work at football who do i ring to boo then smart bottom

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
rancido
November 22, 2011, 3:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lawless29

what a twa* no if your phone bill is wrong then phone not boo it wont work at football who do i ring to boo then smart bottom

Why not boo over the phone  to their customer services then ? Probably because instead of being a faceless fan in the crowd you become an instantlty recognisable individual who can be dealt with accordingly.
ps Full stops are allowed in sentences - it makes them easier to understand.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 22, 2011, 3:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from STB
If I go to a game, I'll do what the fook I want regarding cheering, booing or whatever.
Thankfully, the coonts on the pitch and the 'management' have devalued the product so much, I have taken superrob's advice and facked off after 30 odd years of being at almost every home game and many away games.

Thank intercourse for that  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Southwark Mariner
November 22, 2011, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,582
Gold Stars: 84
what annoys me is the people who boo are often much louder than people praising and the boo boys tend not to give praise when it's due. I think if every time some stupid comment is shouted at an individual player, the rest of us should shout something encouraging.

Listening to some of the booing, it's just a form of bullying and can be quite spiteful. I think there are people who go simply to feel good about making someone upset / feel depressed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
lukeo
November 22, 2011, 6:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from 75

Aye, that's me! I'd had enough!

Felt bad afterwards though but I don't see why he keeps hammering the ball out of play when he's got 100 yards of space to hit!

I haven't been to many town games and hardly come on here but i thought i'd just flick through a few threads and thought i'd answer your question.. The reason he 'hoofs it' is because that is what he is told to do... An unnamed player has said he got a roasting from the management because he passed the ball inside at training when the managers clearly stated the full backs MUST EVERYTIME hoof the ball down the line aiming for the opponents left/right back. 2 and 2 together centre backs are obviously told to hoof the ball away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
November 22, 2011, 7:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo

I haven't been to many town games and hardly come on here but i thought i'd just flick through a few threads and thought i'd answer your question.. The reason he 'hoofs it' is because that is what he is told to do... An unnamed player has said he got a roasting from the management because he passed the ball inside at training when the managers clearly stated the full backs MUST EVERYTIME hoof the ball down the line aiming for the opponents left/right back. 2 and 2 together centre backs are obviously told to hoof the ball away

He can't be under instructions to put the ball out of play so often. I wouldn't expect any manager to ask Kempson to bring the ball out of defence and hit 50 yard cross field passes but he took the urine on Saturday, he was awful even by his standards. He failed to reach a minimum standard required of a professional footballer.
Reply: 54 - 64
rancido
November 23, 2011, 4:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

But there is a world of difference between hoofing it down the channels and what Kempson does which is just to hoof it anywhere. Also the incident you quoted was at a training session and is not necessarily the tactics that The Dynamic Duo want every match.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Putting the ball into the channel is a very productive move, especially against a packed midfield it turns the opposition into a defensive mode and relieves pressure allowing our midfield to push forward n defence to step up. If that's what's being asked of them then players should follow instructions. Last night we put it forward into the channels v a five man midfield anyone complaining, it also allowed us to play in cm second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
rancido
November 23, 2011, 4:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
Putting the ball into the channel is a very productive move, especially against a packed midfield it turns the opposition into a defensive mode and relieves pressure allowing our midfield to push forward n defence to step up. If that's what's being asked of them then players should follow instructions. Last night we put it forward into the channels v a five man midfield anyone complaining, it also allowed us to play in cm second half.

I seem to recall a few weeks ago that The Dynamic Duo ( mouthy half ) said in the GET that the team weren't implementing things that they had worked on in training.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
roundballovalhole
November 23, 2011, 4:59pm
Guest User
People telling other people they cant boo when we are 4 points off relegation to regional semi pro football are traitors to the history of my once proud club!
Reply: 58 - 64
rancido
November 23, 2011, 5:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1054
People telling other people they cant boo when we are 4 points off relegation to regional semi pro football are traitors to the history of my once proud club!

You are stuck in the past , like a cracked vinyl record. Also , fans that boo at matches could make that reality you mentioned even more likely. Get behing the team not on its back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
DanGrimsby
November 23, 2011, 5:15pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from rancido

You are stuck in the past , like a cracked vinyl record. Also , fans that boo at matches could make that reality you mentioned even more likely. Get behing the team not on its back.

I think booing is a pillar stone of fan culture, it is an absolute necessity and we should all do it. It is the opposite of cheering and we love to cheer why not boo, we can demoralize the other team .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
roundballovalhole
November 23, 2011, 5:19pm
Guest User
As i suggested. . . it is not for you to dictate my emotions or my actions with regard to gtfc. . . if the club goes to the wall. . . you insisting on what i should vocalise will be a bit like plumping the cushions on the rearranged deckchairs on the titanic.  keep cheering and grinning like someone saying thankyou following being swaffled by fenty for the last ten years!
Reply: 61 - 64
DanGrimsby
November 23, 2011, 5:21pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from 1054
As i suggested. . . it is not for you to dictate my emotions or my actions with regard to gtfc. . . if the club goes to the wall. . . you insisting on what i should vocalise will be a bit like plumping the cushions on the rearranged deckchairs on the titanic.  keep cheering and grinning like someone saying thankyou following being swaffled by fenty for the last ten years!

Yeh but if we boo and the metaphorical  ship is sinking, surely the captain (the chairman) will try extra hard to avoid the fate? I think booing is essential and I will make no effort to restrain myself if one of you dimwits try to stop me on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
FishOutOfWater
November 23, 2011, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DanGrimsby

I think booing is a pillar stone of fan culture, it is an absolute necessity and we should all do it. It is the opposite of cheering and we love to cheer why not boo, we can demoralize the other team .

Surely the objective of those booing is to demoralise our team?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 64
pleasegoup
November 23, 2011, 9:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
booing, at the end of a game after we have been genuinely rubbish, is 100% acceptable, understandable and in some case even encouragable.

but booing a player when they come on, shouting at peter bore for a full game about how lazy/rubbish/asleep he is,  shouting that the players are going to give the ball away when they pass it around, boing when they lump, etc etc achieves precisely jack excrement.

but then what do we expect? i remember ten years ago when people were annoyed that buckleys sides went sideways too much. so what hope do the current players/managers have if buckley wasnt good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To the boo boys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.