This thread currently has 5,238 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
The Singing Fisherman
November 20, 2011, 2:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
I understand life as a Town fan is very frustrating at the moment and as been for the last 10 years. And I agree with some of the moaners on here about certain issues with the club(But keep it on here). I have been supporting Town for 26 years and I have seen some shambolic games in my time and I have gone home so so angry. But not once have I Booed my team. I choose not to boo because I want my team to do well and win and achieve something. If I was trying to get on with my job at work and the customers were booing me im sure it would affect my performance at doing my job. I also dont understand how slating individual players helps there confidence at all. I dont get it at all. Can somebody explain to me how booing and slating players helps the team? Surely the best way to get the best out of the players and be the 12th man is to get behind the team and spur them on not abuse them. If your a true fan and you want grimsby to succeed why boo?. Rant Over. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2011, 2:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,083
Gold Stars: 85
happens at every club its no different here than anywhere else imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
I believe in Cod
November 20, 2011, 3:00pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I understand life as a Town fan is very frustrating at the moment and as been for the last 10 years. And I agree with some of the moaners on here about certain issues with the club(But keep it on here). I have been supporting Town for 26 years and I have seen some shambolic games in my time and I have gone home so so angry. But not once have I Booed my team. I choose not to boo because I want my team to do well and win and achieve something. If I was trying to get on with my job at work and the customers were booing me im sure it would affect my performance at doing my job. I also dont understand how slating individual players helps there confidence at all. I dont get it at all. Can somebody explain to me how booing and slating players helps the team? Surely the best way to get the best out of the players and be the 12th man is to get behind the team and spur them on not abuse them. If your a true fan and you want grimsby to succeed why boo?. Rant Over. UTM

Finally someone with some common sense! Well Said!

I have to constantly listen to idiots, yes pure idiots, sat around me in my season ticket seat which ive had for 5 years now, there are so many misinformed opinions from people that just personify the word moron. It's very frustrating. Peter Bore used to get a hammering from the Lower Smiths, maybe it was them that knocked his confidence. I'm taking ear plugs from now on!

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 20, 2011, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Maybe it does happen at other clubs,I still dont get how it helps the team. Or any team for there own fans to boo and slate players. Maybe its just me but I like to get behind my team even when things arent going so well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 20, 2011, 3:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from I believe in Cod

Finally someone with some common sense! Well Said!

I have to constantly listen to idiots, yes pure idiots, sat around me in my season ticket seat which ive had for 5 years now, there are so many misinformed opinions from people that just personify the word moron. It's very frustrating. Peter Bore used to get a hammering from the Lower Smiths, maybe it was them that knocked his confidence. I'm taking ear plugs from now on!

Thankyou  I believe in cod   Its been building up for along time. It is very frustrating indeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
November 20, 2011, 3:25pm
Guest User
I must admit I lost it for a few seconds yesterday when Kempson put the ball in the stand for the upteenth time and I did shout about the pitch being 100 yards wide. Kempson heard me and reacted and I regretted it. Football is a passionate game, I do support the team but I can understand some people getting drunk off.
Reply: 5 - 64
Fishfinger
November 20, 2011, 3:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
[quote=2931]I understand life as a Town fan is very frustrating at the moment and as been for the last 10 years. And I agree with some of the moaners on here about certain issues with the club(But keep it on here). I have been supporting Town for 26 years and I have seen some shambolic games in my time and I have gone home so so angry. But not once have I Booed my team. I choose not to boo because I want my team to do well and win and achieve something. If I was trying to get on with my job at work and the customers were booing me im sure it would affect my performance at doing my job. I also dont understand how slating individual players helps there confidence at all. I dont get it at all. Can somebody explain to me how booing and slating players helps the team? Surely the best way to get the best out of the players and be the 12th man is to get behind the team and spur them on not abuse them. If your a true fan and you want grimsby to succeed why boo?. Rant Over.
Brilliant post! Agree with all of that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
flash1
November 20, 2011, 3:55pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1

Very good post,but unfortunatly it,ll fall on death ears with half of the fishy users i,m affraid!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
woodi147
November 20, 2011, 4:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75
I must admit I lost it for a few seconds yesterday when Kempson put the ball in the stand for the upteenth time and I did shout about the pitch being 100 yards wide. Kempson heard me and reacted and I regretted it. Football is a passionate game, I do support the team but I can understand some people getting drunk off.

If you had the abatis jacket on you lost it big time lol and certainly got kempson rattled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
November 20, 2011, 4:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from woodi147

If you had the abatis jacket on you lost it big time lol and certainly got kempson rattled.

Aye, that's me! I'd had enough!

Felt bad afterwards though but I don't see why he keeps hammering the ball out of play when he's got 100 yards of space to hit!
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To the boo boys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.