rancido
November 22, 2011, 3:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,684
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from lawless29

what a twa* no if your phone bill is wrong then phone not boo it wont work at football who do i ring to boo then smart bottom

Why not boo over the phone  to their customer services then ? Probably because instead of being a faceless fan in the crowd you become an instantlty recognisable individual who can be dealt with accordingly.
ps Full stops are allowed in sentences - it makes them easier to understand.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
The Singing Fisherman
November 22, 2011, 3:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from STB
If I go to a game, I'll do what the fook I want regarding cheering, booing or whatever.
Thankfully, the coonts on the pitch and the 'management' have devalued the product so much, I have taken superrob's advice and facked off after 30 odd years of being at almost every home game and many away games.

Thank intercourse for that  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Southwark Mariner
November 22, 2011, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,583
Gold Stars: 84
what annoys me is the people who boo are often much louder than people praising and the boo boys tend not to give praise when it's due. I think if every time some stupid comment is shouted at an individual player, the rest of us should shout something encouraging.

Listening to some of the booing, it's just a form of bullying and can be quite spiteful. I think there are people who go simply to feel good about making someone upset / feel depressed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
lukeo
November 22, 2011, 6:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from 75

Aye, that's me! I'd had enough!

Felt bad afterwards though but I don't see why he keeps hammering the ball out of play when he's got 100 yards of space to hit!

I haven't been to many town games and hardly come on here but i thought i'd just flick through a few threads and thought i'd answer your question.. The reason he 'hoofs it' is because that is what he is told to do... An unnamed player has said he got a roasting from the management because he passed the ball inside at training when the managers clearly stated the full backs MUST EVERYTIME hoof the ball down the line aiming for the opponents left/right back. 2 and 2 together centre backs are obviously told to hoof the ball away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
November 22, 2011, 7:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo

I haven't been to many town games and hardly come on here but i thought i'd just flick through a few threads and thought i'd answer your question.. The reason he 'hoofs it' is because that is what he is told to do... An unnamed player has said he got a roasting from the management because he passed the ball inside at training when the managers clearly stated the full backs MUST EVERYTIME hoof the ball down the line aiming for the opponents left/right back. 2 and 2 together centre backs are obviously told to hoof the ball away

He can't be under instructions to put the ball out of play so often. I wouldn't expect any manager to ask Kempson to bring the ball out of defence and hit 50 yard cross field passes but he took the urine on Saturday, he was awful even by his standards. He failed to reach a minimum standard required of a professional footballer.
Reply: 54 - 64
rancido
November 23, 2011, 4:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

But there is a world of difference between hoofing it down the channels and what Kempson does which is just to hoof it anywhere. Also the incident you quoted was at a training session and is not necessarily the tactics that The Dynamic Duo want every match.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Putting the ball into the channel is a very productive move, especially against a packed midfield it turns the opposition into a defensive mode and relieves pressure allowing our midfield to push forward n defence to step up. If that's what's being asked of them then players should follow instructions. Last night we put it forward into the channels v a five man midfield anyone complaining, it also allowed us to play in cm second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
rancido
November 23, 2011, 4:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
Putting the ball into the channel is a very productive move, especially against a packed midfield it turns the opposition into a defensive mode and relieves pressure allowing our midfield to push forward n defence to step up. If that's what's being asked of them then players should follow instructions. Last night we put it forward into the channels v a five man midfield anyone complaining, it also allowed us to play in cm second half.

I seem to recall a few weeks ago that The Dynamic Duo ( mouthy half ) said in the GET that the team weren't implementing things that they had worked on in training.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
roundballovalhole
November 23, 2011, 4:59pm
Guest User
People telling other people they cant boo when we are 4 points off relegation to regional semi pro football are traitors to the history of my once proud club!
Reply: 58 - 64
rancido
November 23, 2011, 5:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1054
People telling other people they cant boo when we are 4 points off relegation to regional semi pro football are traitors to the history of my once proud club!

You are stuck in the past , like a cracked vinyl record. Also , fans that boo at matches could make that reality you mentioned even more likely. Get behing the team not on its back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To the boo boys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.