Just back

This thread currently has 7,530 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Havelock the Dane
November 21, 2011, 8:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Apart from our penalty being one for sure, I thought we had a blatant one turned down when Eagle stopped the ball on the byeline and went out of play with the defender, and the defender grabbed him to stop him getting back on the pitch. Second half. About halfway through. Come on, you must have seen it!

And I thought at least one of them should have been off for the way they harangued the ref after the penalty decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
Super Clive
November 21, 2011, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Yer I see that, they also had a decent peno shout.

Can't believe that was our first peno given all season
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
Les Brechin
November 21, 2011, 8:19am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
The reason the Newport players were complaining was that Serge handled the ball first and has admitted as much in todays paper. Must admit when I first saw it on MW I thought it was a pen.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
Maringer
November 21, 2011, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,702
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Havelock the Dane
Apart from our penalty being one for sure, I thought we had a blatant one turned down when Eagle stopped the ball on the byeline and went out of play with the defender, and the defender grabbed him to stop him getting back on the pitch. Second half. About halfway through. Come on, you must have seen it!

As Eagle was off the field of play, it couldn't be a penalty. An indirect free-kick, perhaps? Certainly a booking for their player.

I don't really know what the rules say about that incident and I'm willing to guess that the referee didn't have a clue either which was why he turned a blind eye!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 21, 2011, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,083
Gold Stars: 195
Quoted from Maringer

I don't really know what the rules say about that incident and I'm willing to guess that the referee didn't have a clue either which was why he turned a blind eye!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
Welwynmariner
November 21, 2011, 4:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Super Clive

Yer I know what you said. I was just saying when we sack managers we replace them with managers that are even worse, we have had a terrible start granted and in any other job they would of probably been sacked not including the Rob Scott don't facking come rant. Personally I wanted woods out this time last year and he was doing better than these two.

Are you referring to the Scott and Hurst rumour thread a few days ago that said if Fenty was still chairman they would of been sacked by now? or is it just a personal view?

I believe if we still had a chairman these two would still be in charge because I think they have a rolling contract so we could get rid at the end of the season for nothing, We won't go down (Scream)  we won't go up and if we see some improvement then I think we should stick with these two and build on our very young squad and get rid of a few 'numpties' and add some experience.

We've got ourselves into all these problems as a result of knee jerk reactions leading to sacking managers. We need to have stability and give people a chance.

Don't be too sure that we won't go down. I remember walking out of the Brighton ground in 2003 and someone saying - "if we play like that we won't make the play-offs" - in fact we got relegated. No club is too big to go down in any league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.