TAGG
November 19, 2011, 11:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Kempson had a nightmare again.
Disley is our Captan and is a IMO a good player but was dogshit today. They were the the worst of a bad bunch.
Our Managers are excrement and are Sunday league level at best. They dont know there best starting 11 as was very everdent today.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
GTFC28
November 19, 2011, 11:21pm
Guest User
town are flipping male masturbation how do you all pay money to watch complete excrement?
Reply: 41 - 65
TAGG
November 19, 2011, 11:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 3581
town are flipping male masturbation how do you all pay money to watch complete excrement?

Good question mate.
I still keep going so I must be a flipping idiot I think .

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
80sglory
November 20, 2011, 12:37am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Kempson for me today was an absolute liability closely followed by Disley who gave the ball away with alarming regularity.
Interesting to see that the managers are getting praise for "sorting it out" but no-one appears to be questioning their formation from the start. The need to substitute two players so early in the game meant that the option to take a clearly tiring Panther out of the firing line was greatly reduced late on.
The only players for me who came out with any credit were McKeown who made a couple of great saves in the first half-particularly the one cross that he tipped away from the unmarked Newport attacker, Wood for having the bottle and energy to ensure Newport were allowed to build very little down the right, Eagle for showing that he is head and shoulders above our other wide players and Elding for doing exactly what a sub. should do. Makofo showed flashes but disappears for too long.

But you were the one who couldn't see the
Quoted from barralad
managers "risking" three points at home to a struggling team in pursuit of something which is at best in the lap of the Gods...

Bit late in the day to start moaning about the "tiring" Panther, and "an absolute liability" Kempson now ?
I didn't see you pushing for Eagle (or Elding?) to start or putting forward any alternative starting XI formation either.
You had plenty of chance to outline your starting formation before the game.
I did and it included Eagle and Elding in a 4-4-2.

If you're gonna question S&H's judgement then by all means do so, becuase they take ultimate reponsibility and I don't think they got it spot on either.
But your stance is slightly weakened if you're seemingly in agreement over the "best XI" (presumably the 4-3-3 we saw at Port Vale) before kick off but then start complaining about it all later after the game. (IMHO)

And at the end of the day the bare facts state the changes they made meant they clawed it back to 2-2 from 2-0.
Reply: 43 - 65
arryarryarry
November 20, 2011, 1:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Super Clive

And this is the problem we sack a manager who isn't performing well then replace them with someone even worse. I pray to god these two turn it around god knows what will happen if they get sacked, Probably hire gazza  

Not really true, Woods was hopeless from the start, actually even before that when he was caretaker manager and then he went on that long run without a win. He should have been sacked long before he was and if he had we may never have been relegated.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
joe56
November 20, 2011, 2:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
What's all this about the penalty being harsh? Watch it on Mariners World, and it's crystal clear that the defender raised his arm and deliberately poked the ball away with his hand. The referee had a good side-on view, and had no hesitation in giving it. Open and shut case. Why is it that when things are going badly we seem to want to pile on the agony by questioning even the positive outcomes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
Sweden
November 20, 2011, 7:44am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Yes ,the referee did right. It was a penalty if you watch it on Mariners World.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
barralad
November 20, 2011, 8:50am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

Bit late in the day to start moaning about the "tiring" Panther, and "an absolute liability" Kempson now ?
I didn't see you pushing for Eagle (or Elding?) to start or putting forward any alternative starting XI formation either.

If you're gonna question S&H's judgement then by all means do so, becuase they take ultimate reponsibility and I don't think they got it spot on either.
But your stance is slightly weakened if you're seemingly in agreement over the "best XI" (presumably the 4-3-3 we saw at Port Vale) before kick off but then start complaining about it all later after the game. (IMHO)

And at the end of the day the bare facts state the changes they made meant they clawed it back to 2-2 from 2-0.

Why is it too late? I went to the game and gave my view on Kempson's performance. Last week Kempson was one of the better performers IMO I trusted the managers to put out what they believe to be the best XI. Clearly, based on their early substitutions they felt that they had got it wrong. Those substitutions reduced the opportunity for substitutions of players lacking match fitness in the later stages of the game.
I don't contribute to threads about team line-ups. If you feel that that makes my opinions less valid then I guess I'll have to live with it. I guarantee you I won't be beating myself up about it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
gtfc98
November 20, 2011, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from 1600

Jesus christ get off your high horse man! We must all bow down to 80's Glory's superior knowledge of the game because you said we should have started with Elding and Eagle before the game. He's given his opinion on what he saw, which in my eyes looks a pretty valid one! Just because he isn't tragic enough to post pages and pages of analytical drivel before/after every game doesn't make his opinion any less valid than yours m'lord.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
Chris
November 20, 2011, 11:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
I agree with starting with both Elding and Eagle and although I didnt say it before the game, Gobby (and others) well know how I feel about it. Plenty of people would prefer to see Elding and Eagle in the starting line up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.