ginnywings
November 19, 2011, 5:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Too little too late.

We still have all the problems we've had for years but at least we keep going to the end.

Still a work in progress bu we have to stop giving away soft goals or we are going to be sucked into the relegation zone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
AndyGTFC
November 19, 2011, 5:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Well, there's definitely an unpredictability factor at Blundell Park this season. You just don't know what is gonna happen.

We were awful for the first half, a little bit better in the second without doing much but came to life in the last ten minutes yet again. I don't know what the hell was wrong with the team for large parts today, they looked nervous and you'd think it would be the other way around after last week but I'm obviously very pleased to come back from two goals down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 65
Paris Mariner
November 19, 2011, 5:29pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Nice to see the first couple of comments aren't overly drastic. People looking at the positives - we got something out of the game despite a terrible performance and the team keep going to the end of games. Perhaps that is a fitness factor as well.

It's funny, you wonder who is at fault for our lack of competence at set pieces. The managers say they work on defending all the time - I eve read a repor this week where they acknowledged work being done on defending at Cheapside so who is at fault? Players or the coaches? Surely, there comes a moment where it's down to the players?

That aside, I was failry happy to get a point considerng our starting poin after 60 seconds of play. We're now unbeaten in 3, ok all draws, but it's a start. Roll on Tuesday.....

Up the Mariners

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 65
ginnywings
November 19, 2011, 5:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Newport looked a decent side to me and don't forget they won 4-1 at Fleetwood.

They knocked it around far better than we did and are unlucky to go home with only one point.

We do battle to the end now though,which is a good sign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 65
DocDock
November 19, 2011, 5:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Think you're all being a bit kind. Today's first half was one of the worst performances i've seen by town in a long while. No urgency and it took a double substitution and formation change by H&S to stop Newport scoring a third. Didn't think the first half was much better, think Newport took their foot off the gas a little and our first was a simple tap in. The "hand ball" for the penalty was incredibly harsh, so for me i feel we've robbed them of a point.

I actually went part way through the game following Newport, such was towns ineptitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 65
bradzmilne
November 19, 2011, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Good to see the never say die attitude and credit to the players for getting a point, but the fact we were 2-0 down after 17 minutes is not acceptable. It was nice to see that HandS sorted out the problems nice and early with the double subsitution and change of formation. Saying that the way Scott treated i'anson when he left the pitch wasn't fair, he obviously was gutted when he came off so early and their was no need for Scott to lose it with him (which made him walk down the tunnell in tears) UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 65
Garth
November 19, 2011, 5:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Thought Elding looked the part when he came on as did Eagle, one thing for sure it will be a different game  on Tuesday when we raise our game a notch or two
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 65
meggietown
November 19, 2011, 5:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from bradzmilne
Good to see the never say die attitude and credit to the players for getting a point, but the fact we were 2-0 down after 17 minutes is not acceptable. It was nice to see that HandS sorted out the problems nice and early with the double subsitution and change of formation. Saying that the way Scott treated i'anson when he left the pitch wasn't fair, he obviously was gutted when he came off so early and their was no need for Scott to lose it with him (which made him walk down the tunnell in tears) UTM

exactly how they took i'anson off the pitch an kept kempson on i will never no,kempson was absolutley dog excrement an has been all season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 65
bradzmilne
November 19, 2011, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from meggietown

exactly how they took i'anson off the pitch an kept kempson on i will never no,kempson was absolutley dog excrement an has been all season

Sadly i have to agree with you about kempson, not looked the same player as last year

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 65
ticker_1610
November 19, 2011, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Newport were organised, direct and physical while looking to utilise every set piece. Their no 21 Matthews won everything in the air and held the ball up well and totally dominated Hanson and Kempson for their two goals. We seemed lacklustre and tired with no leadership on the pitch, Disley had his worst game and Thanoj couldn't get going against a physical n strong midfield. The managers got their starting line up wrong but rectified their mistake by the double change.

We had possession but didn't get the ball wide or get at Newports defence, Duffy was lazy n disinterested and shows no partnership at all with Hearn, who chased everything but no support. Elding brought the game back to life n his movement immediately caused problems. Yes we played poor but kept battling throughout even those who couldn't get into the game like Disley we had a fair amount of the ball and eventually made it pay for us and I believe the draw was deserved. Lots of little positives from the game and we need to man up against these type of teams and stop being pushed off the ball and move the ball quicker to stretch teams and allow our strikers to find space in the box!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 65
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.