Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 77 Guests

Alan Buckley

This thread currently has 5,588 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
gtfcdoz
November 19, 2011, 4:35pm
Guest User
It`s always a name worth mentioning as Grimsby Town sink to a new low. And you all know, every one of you, that we would not be in this terrible position if he was still at the helm.
I seem to remember a lot of people moaning about AB when we were in the Championship, in fact some people never stopped moaning about him. They moaned about Slade and they moaned about the board. The Telegraph stuck their oar in too as usual.
You got what you wanted - as far as I can see, GTFC has no future. Enjoy your saturday afternoons.
scrumble
November 19, 2011, 4:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
AB Mk1 and Mk2 gave us some of the best years in GTFC history. Mk3 was a completely different story, and was as much of disaster as Woods, and only kept us up by way of Lutons massive points deduction

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
sonofmadeleymariner
November 19, 2011, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
I personally would love AB at the helm again, but i don't think the current pair should be sacked, we need stability and the position to start that at is with managers nbo point sacking Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb they've hardly set the play on fire at the moment, but you've got to give them time and be patient and hope they come good after two seasons or so and we haven't made any progress thens the time to have a look and consider, i think if Fenty and PArker had really put some money forward simliar to Crawely and Fleetwood, one we would never of been relegated to the none league and two we would be challenging for promotion this season and last.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
Abdul19
November 19, 2011, 5:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Why don't we give Pat Glover a go up front too?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
kingofthekippers
November 19, 2011, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Well if we're going to resurrect the dead I nominate we dig up the corpse of Herbert Chapman. Couldn't be any worse.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
DocDock
November 19, 2011, 5:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
The main problem is with Fenty outlaying a budget we can't support on current gates and current income streams. The last thing the club needs is Parker and Fenty splashing the cash on "loans".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
davmariner
November 19, 2011, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from scrumble
AB Mk1 and Mk2 gave us some of the best years in GTFC history. Mk3 was a completely different story, and was as much of disaster as Woods, and Mike Newell only kept us up by way of Lutons massive points deduction

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
kingofthekippers
November 19, 2011, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from DocDock
The main problem is with Fenty outlaying a budget we can't support on current gates and current income streams. The last thing the club needs is Parker and Fenty splashing the cash on "loans".

Oh for the days of Paddy Hamilton and Bill Carr. How I wronged that man.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
moosey_club
November 19, 2011, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
FFS!

I do not wish ill on anyone but do the decent thing and kick the bucket A.B so we can stop having these ridiculous posts every few months!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
Theimperialcoroner
November 19, 2011, 6:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,353
Gold Stars: 103
I personally would love AB at the helm again, but i don't think the current pair should be sacked, we need stability and the position to start that at is with managers nbo point sacking Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb they've hardly set the play on fire at the moment, but you've got to give them time and be patient and hope they come good after two seasons or so and we haven't made any progress thens the time to have a look and consider, i think if Fenty and PArker had really put some money forward simliar to Crawely and Fleetwood, one we would never of been relegated to the none league and two we would be challenging for promotion this season and last.

Simply not true about AB iii, he was not as successful as his first two spells, but it was far from a disaster. Save comments like that for Newell and Woods and Lyons and Roberts. Another day out at Wembely and a still intact record of never being relegated as a manager should be more than enough for AB to retain the highest respect of all town fans, some of you who want to knock him need to wake up and get some perspective.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
Theimperialcoroner
November 19, 2011, 6:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,353
Gold Stars: 103
Sorry Sonof, meant to quote the post slagging AB off, not yours.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Garth
November 19, 2011, 6:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from moosey_club
FFS!

I do not wish ill on anyone but do the decent thing and kick the bucket A.B so we can stop having these ridiculous posts every few months!

What a pathetic statement to make about someone who has never wished you any harm, you should hang your head in shame.

Facts not opinions prove that AB will be remembered as one of our best if not the best manager we have ever had
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
ClarkeyUTM
November 19, 2011, 6:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Quoted from scrumble
AB Mk1 and Mk2 gave us some of the best years in GTFC history. Mk3 was a completely different story, and was as much of disaster as Woods, and only kept us up by way of Lutons massive points deduction

Disagree entirely. He got us to Wembley and orchestrated an impressive run which almost saw us reach the play-offs, both with a pretty bad bunch of players including Boshell and Clarke, heck I don't think people would even welcome back the likes of Hegarty and North to the squad. He made some pretty abysmal signings and made a terrible start to the season but it was only 6 games in and easily amendable. We will never know now but if Buckley was never sacked, would we be where we are? We could be higher, we could be lower.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
aldi_01
November 19, 2011, 6:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Leave well alone. Buckley mk3 was shocking in all honesty. A manager seemingly unaware of modern coaching techniques and a lack of knowledge of players available etc... Yes we got to Wembley and had a day out etc but I'd take a place in the league over that 1 day out anytime...

Thank you Alan for mk1 and mk2 era but leave well alone. Due to the over reactions from our bored and the willynilly sackings of recent years we now find ourselves in a position where we have 2 managers who both seem clueless if we are honest but sacking them would not really solve any problems. The ludicrous amount of managers we've had in a short space is one of the reasons we aren't very good....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
Borbs
November 19, 2011, 7:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
I don't hold with all this crap Buckley was too old and out of touch, all to do with playing budgets. We needed a goalscorer banked everything on Butler it did not work out. No money left had to go with what we had thats the top and bottom. Just got worse with Newell and Woods.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
scrumble
November 19, 2011, 7:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Sorry, had my years the wrong way roundOk, so I had my years out slightly, but correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember us spending most of Buckleys third term at the wrong end of the table, and the Wembley trip was papering over the cracks with us getting their on the back of poor football, but somehow being lucky enough to win, only to be totally out played in what was an embarresing game at the home of football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 19, 2011, 7:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
If I wanted to see AB3 as Town manager again I'd just watch youtube every Saturday. Otherwise - no thank you.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
grimsby pete
November 19, 2011, 7:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,857
Gold Stars: 223
I don't care who the manager is,

As long as we can start winning games on a regular basis.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Perkins
November 19, 2011, 7:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete
I don't care who the manager is,

As long as we can start winning games on a regular basis.

Totally agree, although i must say it is getting a bit tedious wheeling out the old Buckley arguments time after time.It's pointless cos he aint coming back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
Chris
November 19, 2011, 8:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Removing Sir Alan was the worst decision Fenty has taken in my opinion, followed closely by the appointment of Newell.

Id have appointed him alongside Woods when he was given the job to give him experience and support. He was a man who could work with what he had, and would not look to make massive changes to a squad he inherited. He proved this last time around IMO.

Just so you know though, that when I win the Euromillions when it next gets to be a high jackpot, Sir Alan will be the first appointment I make after assuming control of the club  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
Perkins
November 19, 2011, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Chris

Just so you know though, that when I win the Euromillions when it next gets to be a high jackpot, Sir Alan will be the first appointment I make after assuming control of the club  

I sincerely hope you do win the Euromillions, but if this is how you will spend it i shall not attend BP for the duration of his stay, but instead will sit at home and stick needles in my eyeballs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
cleeimp
November 19, 2011, 8:17pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0

When  will a new chairman   be selected I suppose that tthere will be only one hat thrown in the ring.UTMM>

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
moosey_club
November 19, 2011, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Garth

What a pathetic statement to make about someone who has never wished you any harm, you should hang your head in shame.

Facts not opinions prove that AB will be remembered as one of our best if not the best manager we have ever had

In my defence he once gave me a glaring look when i nipped in a parking space before he did outside the Frying Pan chippy in Waltham.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2011, 8:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from scrumble
Sorry, had my years the wrong way roundOk, so I had my years out slightly, but correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember us spending most of Buckleys third term at the wrong end of the table, and the Wembley trip was papering over the cracks with us getting their on the back of poor football, but somehow being lucky enough to win, only to be totally out played in what was an embarresing game at the home of football.

Went on a really good run in the league and we were comfortably safe in the Wembley season. Sacked 6 games into the following season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
mariner91
November 19, 2011, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,909
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Chris
Removing Sir Alan was the worst decision Fenty has taken in my opinion, followed closely by the appointment of Newell.

Id have appointed him alongside Woods when he was given the job to give him experience and support. He was a man who could work with what he had, and would not look to make massive changes to a squad he inherited. He proved this last time around IMO.

Yeah and the changes he made were really good like getting rid of Fenton for Hope and Heywood. What a masterstroke...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Chris
November 19, 2011, 8:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Yeah that still disappoints me today, I was a big fan of Fenton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Swansea_Mariner
November 19, 2011, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,487
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from scrumble

It wasn't that bad, I think it was made worse by a few runs of losing 5 or 6 on the trot. Didn't we go half a season (23 games) only losing two games, and I thought he set some kind of record for away wins in his third stint?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Ipswin
November 19, 2011, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Chris

But does the old tvvat know anything about serving burgers and tea?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
STB
November 19, 2011, 9:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Whatever you think of Buckley's 3rd spell, the mardy (but usually brilliant!) fucka never got us relegated during any of his spells at BP.
An average L2 season is now a distant dream.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
My cats dreams
November 19, 2011, 9:34pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from STB
Whatever you think of Buckley's 3rd spell, the mardy (but usually brilliant!) fucka never got us relegated during any of his spells at BP.
An average L2 season is now a distant dream.

True words

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
thebigeasy
November 20, 2011, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text

Absolutely spot on!

And the one managerial sacking JF regrets making to this day!

I'd have him back in a heartbeat with someone like Groves alongside ready to take over in a couple of seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2011, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,083
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from thebigeasy

Absolutely spot on!

I'd have him back in a heartbeat with someone like Groves alongside ready to take over in a couple of seasons.

did fenty confirm that in the meeting regarding buckley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
davmariner
November 20, 2011, 1:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from thebigeasy

Absolutely spot on!

Agree 100%, and I was probably one of the few who thought this at the time! 6 games into a season for christ sake! Also on the back of a trip to Wembley. AB's biggest mistake was probably to only listen and trust Stuart Watkiss' judgement.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
TownLad87
November 20, 2011, 3:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
If I won the euro millions I'd appoint Aidy Boothroyd as manager and I'd bring back Paul wilkinson as head of youth setup.

Out the club would go Scott and hurst, steve wraith and dave smith and elsom and chapman.
Aswell as church Pearson disley and Duffy

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Neilo83
November 20, 2011, 4:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Reading this makes me wanna play footy manager!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
November 20, 2011, 5:48pm
Guest User
Sir alans 3rd spell an estblished mid table team with no thought of relegation what so ever, oh and a cup final at wembley! What i woudnt give for that now. These buckley haters never cease to amaze me.
Reply: 35 - 47
scrumble
November 20, 2011, 7:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

It wasn't that bad, I think it was made worse by a few runs of losing 5 or 6 on the trot. Didn't we go half a season (23 games) only losing two games, and I thought he set some kind of record for away wins in his third stint?

And only two wins in the first four months of the season. Aside from five continuous wins in January, the rest of season was pretty much shite, crowned off by losing the last eight games of the season. I was glad to see Buckley come back for a third term, and like most hoped he could emulate his first two stints, but the messiah was ressurected too many times.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
gary_elton
November 20, 2011, 7:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Alan Buckley you are a GTFC hero.... you have done more for this club than anyone else....
could you do it again ???? dont know.... I prefer to remember the wembley visits and promotion
runs you gave us... I prefer to remember those great times.... if you could do it for us again.... sighhhh........

OH I wish.... I just wish... in  the meantime... We'll have to make do with....  best stop now.....

I might put into print something I cud be sued for....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 20, 2011, 8:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 2578
Sir alans 3rd spell an estblished mid table team with no thought of relegation what so ever, oh and a cup final at wembley! What i woudnt give for that now. These buckley haters never cease to amaze me.

Doesn't match the facts though does it? After the side qualified for the Wembly final everything came apart. They got whopped there and they hardly got another point that season in the league, finishing on a real downer. Things were no better at the start of the next season and Town were a long way from being an established mid-table side. Add on to that the Butler saga and it was all pretty grim. The only reasons that AB3 might look good were MW1 and NW1. In fact he was out of his depth with the game after so long out and he must have found the attitudes of players a hell of a change from what he was used to. It was merciful to relieve him of the job and it would be cruel to get him back.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
petethemariner
November 20, 2011, 9:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16

Doesn't match the facts though does it? After the side qualified for the Wembly final everything came apart. They got whopped there and they hardly got another point that season in the league, finishing on a real downer. Things were no better at the start of the next season and Town were a long way from being an established mid-table side. Add on to that the Butler saga and it was all pretty grim. The only reasons that AB3 might look good were MW1 and NW1. In fact he was out of his depth with the game after so long out and he must have found the attitudes of players a hell of a change from what he was used to. It was merciful to relieve him of the job and it would be cruel to get him back.

WHS x 1000 -Absolutely agree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
pleasegoup
November 20, 2011, 10:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from scrumble

mike newell only kept us up thanks to point deductions.

AB would have had us safely in midtable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
pleasegoup
November 20, 2011, 10:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0

buckley was sacked on the 15th of flipping september. at which point, we had 2 points in the league and had beaten tranmere (a league 1 i think side) in the league cup.

yes there had been a 13 game winless run, but woods got close to double that amount of time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
mariner91
November 20, 2011, 11:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pleasegoup

buckley was sacked on the 15th of flipping september. at which point, we had 2 points in the league and had beaten tranmere (a league 1 i think side) in the league cup.

yes there had been a 13 game winless run, but woods got close to double that amount of time.

A league 1 side who were rock bottom of their league at the time and soon sacked their manager. The side that he had assembled for that season would have struggled to stay up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
mariner91
November 20, 2011, 11:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TownLad87
If I won the euro millions I'd appoint Aidy Boothroyd as manager and I'd bring back Paul wilkinson as head of youth setup.

Out the club would go Scott and hurst, steve wraith and dave smith and elsom and chapman.
Aswell as church Pearson disley and Duffy

You'd get rid of Disley?! One of our very few decent players?!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
tashee69
November 21, 2011, 12:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Quoted from thebigeasy

Absolutely spot on!

One win in his last 17 games and losing 13, I think getting rid was the correct decision despite the fact I liked Buckley as a manager, he was living on his previous two spells with us.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
RonMariner
November 21, 2011, 3:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,941
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from moosey_club
FFS!

You should not post stuff like this, even in jest. Especialy given what he has done for our club. He deserves more respect.

Very poor taste.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2011, 6:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pleasegoup

What Woods got isn't relevant though is it? The sacking came because of the 13 game run, plus an absolutely terrible pre-season, signings that no-one rated and then a bad start to the season. OK we can argue about what came after AB but the truth was that on that record he had to go.

Still, that's all in the past and there's no going back especially to someone who has been away from the game again for years now.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
pseudonym
November 21, 2011, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1

What Woods got isn't relevant though is it? The sacking came because of the 13 game run, plus an absolutely terrible pre-season, signings that no-one rated and then a bad start to the season. OK we can argue about what came after AB but the truth was that on that record he had to go.

Still, that's all in the past and there's no going back especially to someone who has been away from the game again for years now.
If my memory serves me well, in his second stint, he was replaced by Lennie Lawrence in August after an away game at Portsmouth also.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Buckley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.