Perkins
November 19, 2011, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Chris

Just so you know though, that when I win the Euromillions when it next gets to be a high jackpot, Sir Alan will be the first appointment I make after assuming control of the club  

I sincerely hope you do win the Euromillions, but if this is how you will spend it i shall not attend BP for the duration of his stay, but instead will sit at home and stick needles in my eyeballs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
cleeimp
November 19, 2011, 8:17pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0

When  will a new chairman   be selected I suppose that tthere will be only one hat thrown in the ring.UTMM>

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
moosey_club
November 19, 2011, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Garth

What a pathetic statement to make about someone who has never wished you any harm, you should hang your head in shame.

Facts not opinions prove that AB will be remembered as one of our best if not the best manager we have ever had

In my defence he once gave me a glaring look when i nipped in a parking space before he did outside the Frying Pan chippy in Waltham.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2011, 8:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from scrumble
Sorry, had my years the wrong way roundOk, so I had my years out slightly, but correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember us spending most of Buckleys third term at the wrong end of the table, and the Wembley trip was papering over the cracks with us getting their on the back of poor football, but somehow being lucky enough to win, only to be totally out played in what was an embarresing game at the home of football.

Went on a really good run in the league and we were comfortably safe in the Wembley season. Sacked 6 games into the following season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
mariner91
November 19, 2011, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,832
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Chris
Removing Sir Alan was the worst decision Fenty has taken in my opinion, followed closely by the appointment of Newell.

Id have appointed him alongside Woods when he was given the job to give him experience and support. He was a man who could work with what he had, and would not look to make massive changes to a squad he inherited. He proved this last time around IMO.

Just so you know though, that when I win the Euromillions when it next gets to be a high jackpot, Sir Alan will be the first appointment I make after assuming control of the club  

Yeah and the changes he made were really good like getting rid of Fenton for Hope and Heywood. What a masterstroke...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Chris
November 19, 2011, 8:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Yeah that still disappoints me today, I was a big fan of Fenton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Swansea_Mariner
November 19, 2011, 8:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from scrumble
Sorry, had my years the wrong way roundOk, so I had my years out slightly, but correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember us spending most of Buckleys third term at the wrong end of the table, and the Wembley trip was papering over the cracks with us getting their on the back of poor football, but somehow being lucky enough to win, only to be totally out played in what was an embarresing game at the home of football.

It wasn't that bad, I think it was made worse by a few runs of losing 5 or 6 on the trot. Didn't we go half a season (23 games) only losing two games, and I thought he set some kind of record for away wins in his third stint?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Ipswin
November 19, 2011, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Chris

But does the old tvvat know anything about serving burgers and tea?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
STB
November 19, 2011, 9:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Whatever you think of Buckley's 3rd spell, the mardy (but usually brilliant!) fucka never got us relegated during any of his spells at BP.
An average L2 season is now a distant dream.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
My cats dreams
November 19, 2011, 9:34pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from STB
Whatever you think of Buckley's 3rd spell, the mardy (but usually brilliant!) fucka never got us relegated during any of his spells at BP.
An average L2 season is now a distant dream.

True words

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Buckley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.