Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott and Hurst Rumour!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 73 Guests

Scott and Hurst Rumour!

This thread currently has 6,864 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 15, 2011, 6:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from voice of reason

Fair enough Dapperz... I don't disagree that NW was a nice guy, not sure he is too nice for football management but if that's what you've been told by players then I can't really argue about it... Not saying they are wrong but could they have had an axe to grind??? i.e Peacock wasn't in the first team and was told h wouldn't be getting a contract at the end of the season...

I know i'm not going to convince you or anyone for that matter but I do think NW would have done well in the end... I admit his first season in this league didn't go exactly how I wanted it too but I genuinely believe he had managed to get a platform to build upon for this season... He would have had a full season in this league behind him, assessed his squad and got rid of anyone who wasn't up to it hopefully...

Now like I said I know we're never gonna agree with the manager all the time about who is up to the job and who isn't but by the pure fact he had us within the top 10 for pretty much the whole season and was close to breaking in to the play-offs a few times...

Just out of interest what do the players say about these two...??? Obviously if you can and you're not gonna get any excrement for it, it would be intersting to know... If you don't want to post on here then PM me...

peacock is a happy go lucky chap who had irons in other fires to be fair so he wasnt exactly crying in his beer when he got told he wouldnt be getting a new offer and to be fair to him he liked the club and appreciated the support he got off the fans and was extremely disappointed how it all ended up for the fans.my source in the club assure me these 2 are using up to date training methods (not sure to be honest exactly what that is) and are very professional in all aspects of running the team and have the respect of the players something he said the previous manager didnt fully get wether they turn it around only time will tell but i can assure everyone if he told me the pllayers/staff where taking the p1ss id post that BUT not the case
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
grimsby pete
November 15, 2011, 6:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Well not really a rumour but.... I was told by a friend today that he was told by a source from high within the club that if their had been a chairman in place then the duo would have been given the boot by now!

PLEASE do not shoot the messenger.... I think it's bullshit TBH and would be apalled if that happened. I have no idea if this info is reliable as he has never given me any before.... Just wondering if anyone in the know has heard something similar?

IMO unless Mourinho is ready to step in then it would be a shocking decision to get rid after less than a season in charge! Let's be honest where has it got us in the past few years?

I firmly believe that given time these two will get us back into the league! (At least I think I do)

UTFM!!!!!

Listen very carefully I shall say this only once, ( and its true )

My wifes brothers daughter, is in a relationship with the father of the chief excutives daughter in law,

AND

He says its all rubbish.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
voice of reason
November 15, 2011, 6:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

peacock is a happy go lucky chap who had irons in other fires to be fair so he wasnt exactly crying in his beer when he got told he wouldnt be getting a new offer and to be fair to him he liked the club and appreciated the support he got off the fans and was extremely disappointed how it all ended up for the fans.my source in the club assure me these 2 are using up to date training methods (not sure to be honest exactly what that is) and are very professional in all aspects of running the team and have the respect of the players something he said the previous manager didnt fully get wether they turn it around only time will tell but i can assure everyone if he told me the pllayers/staff where taking the p1ss id post that BUT not the case

Cheers for that Dapperz... Reasures me a bit, I was thinking it looked like the managers had lost the dressing room a bit...

I still think these two have a lot to prove and the start they've had is awful... If the training methods are good, the players are behind the managers and no-one is taking the urine, then what is the reason for our poor start...???

I can understand the time for players needing to settle etc but surely we would have seen some signs of it by now if it was just that...??? Maybe the players they've signed aren't good enough...??? Maybe we have just been unlucky...??? Is it the managers are poor tactically...??? Maybe we have turned the corner with the Port Vale result...??? although I doubt it and it would need to be backed up with 5 - 6 more good results and solid defensive performances to argue that is the case...

Anyway, again I appreciate your comments but for me i'm still unconvinced with PH and RS... Maybe it is partly their fault for the way they came in and said this that and the other and we are yet to se most of their promises come to fruition...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
dapperz fun pub
November 15, 2011, 6:29pm
Special Brew Drinker

Cheers for that Dapperz... Reasures me a bit, I was thinking it looked like the managers had lost the dressing room a bit...

I still think these two have a lot to prove and the start they've had is awful... If the training methods are good, the players are behind the managers and no-one is taking the urine, then what is the reason for our poor start...???

I can understand the time for players needing to settle etc but surely we would have seen some signs of it by now if it was just that...??? Maybe the players they've signed aren't good enough...??? Maybe we have just been unlucky...??? Is it the managers are poor tactically...??? Maybe we have turned the corner with the Port Vale result...??? although I doubt it and it would need to be backed up with 5 - 6 more good results and solid defensive performances to argue that is the case...

Anyway, again I appreciate your comments but for me i'm still unconvinced with PH and RS... Maybe it is partly their fault for the way they came in and said this that and the other and we are yet to se most of their promises come to fruition...

if i could answer all those maybes id march down cheapside  tommorrow and let the managers know   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
voice of reason
November 15, 2011, 6:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1

if i could answer all those maybes id march down cheapside  tommorrow and let the managers know   

Haha... Wasn't expecting answers, just pointing out some of my questions... Not overly confident shouty wouldn't tell you to fack off if you tried telling him how to do his job as well, so perhaps best leaving it even if you did know the answers...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
dapperz fun pub
November 15, 2011, 7:34pm
Special Brew Drinker

Haha... Wasn't expecting answers, just pointing out some of my questions... Not overly confident shouty wouldn't tell you to fack off if you tried telling him how to do his job as well, so perhaps best leaving it even if you did know the answers...  

well as im just as big if not bigger than rob scott so maybe just maybe he wouldnt be quite as confident as perhaps he was with the main stand protesters with his telling fans to feck off sketch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 16, 2011, 9:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
So your niece is seeing Ian flemings son

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Garth
November 16, 2011, 9:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27

well as im just as big if not bigger than rob scott so maybe just maybe he wouldnt be quite as confident as perhaps he was with the main stand protesters with his telling fans to feck off sketch

There is only one way to settle this --------------------------FIGHT!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
November 16, 2011, 11:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Don't flipping read it then.... Have you got nothing better to do than moan about so something that could so easily have been avoided by simply reading the title..... I purposely put 'RUMOUR' for a reason..... flipping halfwit!!!

I said I'm sick of reading "bullshit" rumours you flipping turd. Rumours with absolutely no substance, sommats you've just made up because your your excrement little life wants some attention. Well well done you've got 4 pages now give your self a pat on the back.
Ps
Next time headline it Bull excrement rumour so I don't bother.
Reply: 58 - 66
Mighty_Mariner
November 17, 2011, 7:20am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 2578

I said I'm sick of reading "bullshit" rumours you flipping turd. Rumours with absolutely no substance, sommats you've just made up because your your excrement little life wants some attention. Well well done you've got 4 pages now give your self a pat on the back.
Ps
Next time headline it Bull excrement rumour so I don't bother.

Whoa Whoa Whoa dry your eyes sweetheart, take a deep breath and stop shaking and I will try and explain this a simply as I possibly can...... You see what I did was, and this is quite clever, is put a brief description of what the thread contained in the title so anybody reading it could then make an informed decision as to whether they wanted to read on. So hopefully by reading the title "Scott and Hurst Rumour" then one would imagine that the main point of the article would infact be a rumour about Scott and Hurst that I had heard. So if I wasn't interested in reading supposed 'bullshit' rumours then I would ignore that thread!!

I can imagine how this would difficult to understand so I have devised a small test for you ok.....

If I was a vegetarian and I came across a thread entitled "Free dead animals for you eating pleasure" would I......

A) Read the article knowing full well that in doing so would upset/offend or annoy me.
      Or
B) Ignore it.

If you chose A then well done..... Your a moron!!! If you chose B then your still a moron but may just have learnt something. Unless of course your a person who seeks confrontation and read the article purely so you could whinge and moan about it and feel big and special behind your computer screen..... Hhhmmmmmm sound familiar?

Right now settle down and mummy will be along shortly with some warm milk and some fresh pants!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott and Hurst Rumour!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.