Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In my opinion . . .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 131 Guests

In my opinion . . .

This thread currently has 3,017 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
upthestripes
November 6, 2011, 3:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from ska face

Was it not our illustrious leader who, alledgedly, had the moment of feng-shui madness?

Oops! Lucky I made the disclaimer after all  

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from cleeimp
I reckon Mr Fenty should get Buckley to advise the club and him on the football side of the club.utmD

I reckon we do need someone with some footballing knowledge, even if it's only to give a 2nd opinion.

A good example is Hereford - were struggling badly and Peters came in and desrcibed them as the worse team in the division.

Since he's come in they've turned around performances very well and are doing much better.
http://www.teamtalk.com/hereford-united/7233973/Pitman-praise-for-Peters

It's all well and good saying Scott and Hurst need time to learn but we're not here to give learning appreticeships out to people who should already know what they're doing !
If they do then we should have at least some chance of quickly putting things right.
If something is wrong other teams generally work on it and fix it quick, not spend a season+ repeating the same mistakes.

As for Fenty, yes he's done his best and given competitive budgets but I don't think it's necessarily been wise to trust inexperienced unproven managers with large budgets and expect promotion at the first attempt - in hindsight some may think it's been a daft strategy.

I'm not saying S&H or Fenty should go, but do think the club needs to consider doing something new and different - maybe some kind of shakeup to change things for the better.
Reply: 21 - 32
1mickylyons
November 6, 2011, 6:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters
In my opinion, if John Fenty wants to re-assume the position of Chairman, the he should have the good grace to show us what he PLANS to do to bring some pride back into GTFC.

Whether he likes it or not, he has presided over the most disastrous era in the club's history leading to many fans (myself included) deciding to do something else with their hard-earned. If there was a PLAN, not a series of knee-jerk initiatives then I'm sure many would be encouraged to re-visit.

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
grimsby pete
November 6, 2011, 6:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters
In my opinion, if John Fenty wants to re-assume the position of Chairman, the he should have the good grace to show us what he PLANS to do to bring some pride back into GTFC.

Whether he likes it or not, he has presided over the most disastrous era in the club's history leading to many fans (myself included) deciding to do something else with their hard-earned. If there was a PLAN, not a series of knee-jerk initiatives then I'm sure many would be encouraged to re-visit.

Agreed, but I doubt if he has a plan,

I hope I am wrong.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
dapperz fun pub
November 6, 2011, 7:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
does the plan include shutting the fishy down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
grimsby pete
November 6, 2011, 7:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
does the plan include shutting the fishy down

If he has a plan, I bet that would be No. 1   on his list.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2011, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete

If he has a plan, I bet that would be No. 1   on his list.

For my sins, I am a business planning consultant. The common failure of most business people is not to plan as they keep their business, sales & marketing plans tightly locked in the six inches between their ears.

We are now at a point where JF and GTFC don't need to just come up with a plan but to come with a plan that the staff & the fans can buy into. Certainly more people will buy in to a business plan if they are empowered to do so. My fear is that we will not only not see a business plan but if we do it will not bring back the fans who will make the difference to the future of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
jock dock tower
November 6, 2011, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Even Baldrick had a plan.................

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
dapperz fun pub
November 6, 2011, 7:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

For my sins, I am a business planning consultant. The common failure of most business people is not to plan as they keep their business, sales & marketing plans tightly locked in the six inches between their ears.

We are now at a point where JF and GTFC don't need to just come up with a plan but to come with a plan that the staff & the fans can buy into. Certainly more people will buy in to a business plan if they are empowered to do so. My fear is that we will not only not see a business plan but if we do it will not bring back the fans who will make the difference to the future of GTFC.

so are you saying fenty isnt up to the job of delivering much awaited success to our club and possibly we will drop even further into the dark
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
dapperz fun pub
November 6, 2011, 7:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower
Even Baldrick had a plan.................

is there a pattern developing here dave and gideon dont seem to have a plan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In my opinion . . .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.