cmackenzie4
November 5, 2011, 5:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jock dock tower
It's not all despondency..........we're on a 1 game unbeaten run the noo!

2 games Jock, keep up mate.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 236
Quagmire
November 5, 2011, 5:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Devonmatt

And we've drawn after being two up and controlling the game.  Yes it's disappointing, frustrating and annoying but hardly a disaster.  A little bit of perspective please.

UTM

This is one of the reasons we are in so much of a mess!

People saying this kind of result as acceptable when it is disgraceful.

People shrugging their shoulders and saying it's not the end of the world has become the norm.

Far too many people on here accept mediocrity - and sometimes this club of ours even struggles to reach such illustrious heights as that.

It is totally unacceptable for our club to be two up at bottom of the table Bath and not come away with 3 points.

If you think that is acceptable then you need your head testing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 236
RoboCod
November 5, 2011, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
With Lincoln (FA cup aside) having a possible mini 'honeymoon period' (remember those?) we could hit rock bottom imo if Lincoln overtake us in the next 2 or 3 games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 236
cmackenzie4
November 5, 2011, 5:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from RoboCod
With Lincoln (FA cup aside) having a possible mini 'honeymoon period' (remember those?) we could hit rock bottom imo if Lincoln overtake us in the next 2 or 3 games.

That,s really cheered me up Robo.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 236
headingly_mariner
November 5, 2011, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from ginnywings

Thanoj was missing in action.I honestly cannot remember his name being mentioned after the first 20 mins.

Nothing will change 'til some players contracts are up at seasons end,unless we get some loanees of the Devitt variety.

I haven't seen the game today but  i find it hard to see how anyone can single an 18 year old out, he has played very few games in his career and has obvious ability on the ball, i would like to see him in a three man midfield.

From what i have seen this season we are poorly organised and play very little football, i would now ditch these managers and go for someone who can organise and make us play. I do however say that with a heavy heart as i am not really one to call for managers to be sacked but i think these two have been an utter disaster and their brand of kick and chase football is depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 236
ginnywings
November 5, 2011, 6:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I haven't seen the game today but  i find it hard to see how anyone can single an 18 year old out, he has played very few games in his career and has obvious ability on the ball, i would like to see him in a three man midfield.

From what i have seen this season we are poorly organised and play very little football, i would now ditch these managers and go for someone who can organise and make us play. I do however say that with a heavy heart as i am not really one to call for managers to be sacked but i think these two have been an utter disaster and their brand of kick and chase football is depressing.

Not having a go at the lad and i said after last weeks game that he should be given another go.He has a lot of promise but clearly the game passed him by today.His name was hardly ever mentioned.

He's one for the future and that's the point really.I never expected us to do much this season and think it will take a few more changes to the side before it starts to get consistent results.

Unlike you however,i think the managers need to be given the time to sort things out.It very rarely happens straight away with a failing club such as ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 236
fulham gy
November 5, 2011, 6:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
How many Town fans went? I Nearly went to the game and thought of staying over. Glad I didn't !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 236
grimsby pete
November 5, 2011, 6:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
After being 2-0 up to the bottom team who later have a man sent off,

It feels more like a defeat to me.

At least we still have the cup to look forward to.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 236
AndyGTFC
November 5, 2011, 6:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
After being 2-0 up to the bottom team who later have a man sent off,

It feels more like a defeat to me.

At least we still have the cup to look forward to.

Until 5pm next Saturday anyway  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 236
flash1
November 5, 2011, 6:29pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from fulham gy
How many Town fans went? I Nearly went to the game and thought of staying over. Glad I didn't !

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 236
24 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.