Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 19,371 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
November 5, 2011, 5:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Season over.

If you can't hold on to a 2-0 lead against the worst team in the division you can forget a storming run up the table to close the 14 point gap on the play offs.

We are not good enough. End of.

I only hope the club survivres into next season for another go.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 236
MyDogsThoughts
November 5, 2011, 5:17pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I'm off down the pub.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 236
wodewick
November 5, 2011, 5:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +24
Quoted from RonMariner
Season over.

If you can't hold on to a 2-0 lead against the worst team in the division you can forget a storming run up the table to close the 14 point gap on the play offs.

About sums it up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 236
RoboCod
November 5, 2011, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's a poor result no matter how you look at it. ANd it will continue until we build a midfield. How many years have we limped along with no ball winner ? Church and Thanoj are not the answer, Disley needs a never-give up battler alongside him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 236
sonofmadeleymariner
November 5, 2011, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Abdul19

I'm surprised we haven't tried that before.

I know we do it every season but i mean really spending some money not having a competative playing budget but a Crawley style spending spree, its the only way out for us at the moment and i don't really see any other way out at the moment i will support the team at the moment but they are not good enough and need replacing, maybe not all of them and i might of been a little over the top but we need 5 new players, i don't think we should replace the managers as thats not the way to improve but squad changes need to be made, hell drop the senior squad all together and play the youth team for a few games make them really think about the way they have been playing

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 236
tashee69
November 5, 2011, 5:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +971
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from RonMariner
Season over.

I'm not normally somebody who looks on the down side of things but i disagree about our season being over. After some dreadful results against some poor teams away from home and only being 4 points clear of relegation i think our season is far from over.
REALLY regretting buying that 5 year season ticket because its even coming to the point where i am getting fed up of it. We are an embarrasment both on and off the field.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 236
November 5, 2011, 5:38pm
Guest User
Who is Liable for that shower today?
Reply: 216 - 236
ginnywings
November 5, 2011, 5:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod
It's a poor result no matter how you look at it. ANd it will continue until we build a midfield. How many years have we limped along with no ball winner ? Church and Thanoj are not the answer, Disley needs a never-give up battler alongside him.

Thanoj was missing in action.I honestly cannot remember his name being mentioned after the first 20 mins.

Nothing will change 'til some players contracts are up at seasons end,unless we get some loanees of the Devitt variety.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 236
Maringer
November 5, 2011, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
Unfortunately, season after season, manager after manager, we have signed players without an ounce of character. The slightest hint of adversity and the team falls to pieces with nobody to get a grip on the game or gee up their teammates. We're dropping points left, right and centre and it seems we will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 236
jock dock tower
November 5, 2011, 5:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's not all despondency..........we're on a 1 game unbeaten run the noo!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 236
24 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.