GTST

This thread currently has 3,173 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rich Boy
October 6, 2011, 8:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
I've just been reading their minutes from their meeting recently. They've got some great ideas (all which have been tried before) and they critisise the commercial department at the club. FFS, arent they suppose to be stopping all this slagging off of the club and coming up with new ideas? I think there needs to be a big clear out at GTST towers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
October 6, 2011, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
You putting yourself forward?

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
barralad
October 6, 2011, 8:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Rich Boy
I've just been reading their minutes from their meeting recently. They've got some great ideas (all which have been tried before) and they critisise the commercial department at the club. FFS, arent they suppose to be stopping all this slagging off of the club and coming up with new ideas? I think there needs to be a big clear out at GTST towers.

If you'd read the minutes with an open mind you'd have realised that a lot of those suggestions came from people who until the meeting had had little or nothing to do with "The Trust". People who want to try to make a positive contribution to the debate.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
Mighty_Mariner
October 6, 2011, 9:11pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,264
Gold Stars: 10
Where can we read them?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
barralad
October 6, 2011, 9:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Where can we read them?

Notes from the meeting held on 1st Oct 2011 are now available for view in the 'Documents' area of http://www.gtst.net

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
GodHelpUs
October 6, 2011, 9:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Rich Boy

I've tried really hard to hold it in since I started posting on this board but...no more...you a f*cking anus!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
Brough Mariner
October 6, 2011, 9:36pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +35
I'm the same. Just fcuk off you knob jockey.

"There are two types of women in the world, those who charge for blow jobs and those who don't. In my experience, those who don't end up costing you more money in the long run." Charlie Sheen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
Rich Boy
October 6, 2011, 10:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
They dont deserve that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2011, 7:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,297
Gold Stars: 236
Have just read the minutes myself.

First thing that smacks you in the face is the presence of John Fenty's brothers. Nothing to stop them going but add that to Tarka and you've a fair idea of where the Trust might be heading. Second, it's clear that some of the ideas are dependent on bigger gates.

Truth is that many fans have flown the nest and found something better to do on a Saturday afternoon. Truth is, for many, the product has been de-valued beyond recognition. Truth is that, as someone pointed out in another thread, the club is a basket case waiting to die.

Would anyone with any business nous put money in the club? No.

So what are we left with? Between Fenty and Parker, they've got to to find a way to keep the club alive. It's no good throwing the initiative to GTST, it just looks like a way of shifting the blame to someone else.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
psgmariner
October 7, 2011, 7:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Have just read the minutes myself.

First thing that smacks you in the face is the presence of John Fenty's brothers. Nothing to stop them going but add that to Tarka and you've a fair idea of where the Trust might be heading. Second, it's clear that some of the ideas are dependent on bigger gates.

Truth is that many fans have flown the nest and found something better to do on a Saturday afternoon. Truth is, for many, the product has been de-valued beyond recognition. Truth is that, as someone pointed out in another thread, the club is a basket case waiting to die.

Would anyone with any business nous put money in the club? No.

So what are we left with? Between Fenty and Parker, they've got to to find a way to keep the club alive. It's no good throwing the initiative to GTST, it just looks like a way of shifting the blame to someone else.

So sit tight and leave it to Fenty and Parker then? Given that both want out I would suggest that is a pretty risky strategy.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTST

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.