GTST

This thread currently has 3,159 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Rich Boy
October 6, 2011, 8:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
I've just been reading their minutes from their meeting recently. They've got some great ideas (all which have been tried before) and they critisise the commercial department at the club. FFS, arent they suppose to be stopping all this slagging off of the club and coming up with new ideas? I think there needs to be a big clear out at GTST towers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
October 6, 2011, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
You putting yourself forward?

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
barralad
October 6, 2011, 8:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Rich Boy
I've just been reading their minutes from their meeting recently. They've got some great ideas (all which have been tried before) and they critisise the commercial department at the club. FFS, arent they suppose to be stopping all this slagging off of the club and coming up with new ideas? I think there needs to be a big clear out at GTST towers.

If you'd read the minutes with an open mind you'd have realised that a lot of those suggestions came from people who until the meeting had had little or nothing to do with "The Trust". People who want to try to make a positive contribution to the debate.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
Mighty_Mariner
October 6, 2011, 9:11pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
Where can we read them?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
barralad
October 6, 2011, 9:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Where can we read them?

Notes from the meeting held on 1st Oct 2011 are now available for view in the 'Documents' area of http://www.gtst.net

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
GodHelpUs
October 6, 2011, 9:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Rich Boy

I've tried really hard to hold it in since I started posting on this board but...no more...you a f*cking anus!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
Brough Mariner
October 6, 2011, 9:36pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +35
I'm the same. Just fcuk off you knob jockey.

"There are two types of women in the world, those who charge for blow jobs and those who don't. In my experience, those who don't end up costing you more money in the long run." Charlie Sheen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
Rich Boy
October 6, 2011, 10:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
They dont deserve that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2011, 7:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Have just read the minutes myself.

First thing that smacks you in the face is the presence of John Fenty's brothers. Nothing to stop them going but add that to Tarka and you've a fair idea of where the Trust might be heading. Second, it's clear that some of the ideas are dependent on bigger gates.

Truth is that many fans have flown the nest and found something better to do on a Saturday afternoon. Truth is, for many, the product has been de-valued beyond recognition. Truth is that, as someone pointed out in another thread, the club is a basket case waiting to die.

Would anyone with any business nous put money in the club? No.

So what are we left with? Between Fenty and Parker, they've got to to find a way to keep the club alive. It's no good throwing the initiative to GTST, it just looks like a way of shifting the blame to someone else.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
psgmariner
October 7, 2011, 7:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters

First thing that smacks you in the face is the presence of John Fenty's brothers. Nothing to stop them going but add that to Tarka and you've a fair idea of where the Trust might be heading. Second, it's clear that some of the ideas are dependent on bigger gates.

Truth is that many fans have flown the nest and found something better to do on a Saturday afternoon. Truth is, for many, the product has been de-valued beyond recognition. Truth is that, as someone pointed out in another thread, the club is a basket case waiting to die.

So what are we left with? Between Fenty and Parker, they've got to to find a way to keep the club alive. It's no good throwing the initiative to GTST, it just looks like a way of shifting the blame to someone else.

So sit tight and leave it to Fenty and Parker then? Given that both want out I would suggest that is a pretty risky strategy.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2011, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

So sit tight and leave it to Fenty and Parker then? Given that both want out I would suggest that is a pretty risky strategy.

Given that both are trying to point the finger at each other, you are 100% correct, but there are no other options that are obvious at present.....are there?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
marinerian
October 7, 2011, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Why so much apathy towards the Trust and its members?

Some of the drivel spouted on here is not needed?

What has Tarka done to so many people? I have found him to be pleasant, polite and a loyal GTFC fan!

This is a new chapter for the Trust, if you have ideas why not email them?

It is so easy to criticise from behind a keyboard!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
the Grimbarian
October 7, 2011, 9:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
GTST now is a tainted brand because of it doing nothing exciting in the last 18 months and when people close to the Trust say that present Board members arent bothered with the Trust now how you expecting people to join it

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2011, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerian
Why so much apathy towards the Trust and its members?Think the apathy has come from the trust itself over the past few years

Some of the drivel spouted on here is not needed?Drivel in your opinion, facts in others. Truth is that the Fenty/Parker spat is threatening the existence of GTFC

What has Tarka done to so many people? I have found him to be pleasant, polite and a loyal GTFC fan!Dave Otter is a loyal fan, no doubt, but has generally towed the Fenty line (hardly successful).

This is a new chapter for the Trust, if you have ideas why not email them?Simple idea. Fenty and Parker to work together to protect the future of GTFC, not work against each other to potentially destroy it

It is so easy to criticise from behind a keyboard!Yes it is!

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Tommy
October 7, 2011, 9:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MuddyWaters
First thing that smacks you in the face is the presence of John Fenty's brothers. Nothing to stop them going but add that to Tarka and you've a fair idea of where the Trust might be heading.

I would think that is a concern and a barrier to potential new members joining, for many people.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
MeanwoodMariner
October 7, 2011, 9:20am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Dave Otter is a loyal fan, no doubt, but has generally towed the Fenty line

I'm sick of drivel like this. What the fck exactly is the Fenty line that Tarka has towed?

This kind of meaningless moaning is exactly what the Trust, the club and the town don't need. The Trust are trying to do something about our situation. Not everybody chooses to complain about everything, some people try to make things better. Get over it. You don't want to help, fine. But why are some people so obsessed with trying to prevent everyone else achieve anything?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
marinerian
October 7, 2011, 9:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
so TOC why don't you join the Trust so the balance can be evened out?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2011, 9:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm sick of drivel like this. What the fck exactly is the Fenty line that Tarka has towed?

This kind of meaningless moaning is exactly what the Trust, the club and the town don't need. The Trust are trying to do something about our situation. Not everybody chooses to complain about everything, some people try to make things better. Get over it. You don't want to help, fine. But why are some people so obsessed with trying to prevent everyone else achieve anything?

That meaningless moaning is a fact. Oh sorry, no-one else is allowed an opinion are they!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
marinerian
October 7, 2011, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Opinions are fine, the Trust is for the fans, if you want to have a real say then why not join....simple as TOC, until then why the hell should they listen to you?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
MeanwoodMariner
October 7, 2011, 9:35am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That meaningless moaning is a fact. Oh sorry, no-one else is allowed an opinion are they!

Which is it, fact or opinion?

And at what stage did I say you cannot have an opinion?? How the fck could I prevent you from having an opinion, of course you can have one. What you cannot have is those opinions protected from criticism. If I think your opinions are drivel then I will say so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
Keelbysaint
October 7, 2011, 9:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Why do message boards always have a couple of very loud people who are determined to spout anti-supporters trust nonsense. That is not me saying they are the answer to our question, but if a group of fans want to dedicate their time and try to help the situation then good on them, and anyone who doubts what they are doing should join them and then you can influence it.

I know at Sheffield Wednesday a supporters group was set up when they were heading towards admin. this asked fans to put an amount of money in, and also targetted local businesses. the aim of this was to buy the club. now this is not necesary on that scale, but there are ways of raising money and contributing both financially, and with ideas to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
sonik
October 7, 2011, 9:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can you for once not put your spin on something and make some positive comments? Paul and myself are quite rightly as you say John's brothers. I can assure you we have no hidden agenda regarding the Trusts Re-launch.  We are both Town fans and want to help in any we can to see the future survival of our great Club. Nothing more nothing less.  This is a real situation we are in and I agree that there is a APATHY about the place. Someone else will do it! Not true anymore from were I'm looking from. Believe me!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
marinerian
October 7, 2011, 9:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
The fans could have a a lot of clout in attracting money from businesses. If the fans were to show that the support from local business could increase their product and also enhhance the club in the local area, they may advertise, back the club.

The fans can help the trust to do this. The fans could offer so many ideas and do things the club may not be able to.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2011, 9:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerian
The fans could have a a lot of clout in attracting money from businesses. If the fans were to show that the support from local business could increase their product and also enhhance the club in the local area, they may advertise, back the club.

The fans can help the trust to do this. The fans could offer so many ideas and do things the club may not be able to.

You're quite right that fans could try and raise money from local business. The biggest difficulty is finding the local businesses with disposable wealth but once again your dilemma is whether businesses would throw money into what appears to be a bottomless pit.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Chris
October 7, 2011, 10:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
The minutes mention that critisism was levelled at the commercial department but I can assure anyone not there that this was a million miles from a concensus viewpoint (1 person mentioned as I recall). My own personal experiences of the commercial department have been very good so I guess you can only speak as you find. Likewise regarding the Fenty brothers, I wasn't sure about them being there myself (sorry Steve) but they have as much right as anyone else to attend what was an open meeting, and to be fair they contributed to the meeting well.

Whoever fronts the Trust and expresses an opinion will invariably upset someone who disagrees with said opinion. People in that position will just have to accept that. Whoever sits in the Trust Chair however, will only be able to speak on behalf of the Trust as a whole, and this may well differ from their own opinions so whatever the Chair thinks is only relevant in terms of contributing to a wider debate.

Certain people seem to be looking for things that just aren't there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
marinerian
October 7, 2011, 10:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You're quite right that fans could try and raise money from local business. The biggest difficulty is finding the local businesses with disposable wealth but once again your dilemma is whether businesses would throw money into what appears to be a bottomless pit.

See my Backing Grimsby Town thread, may give you some idea of what I think.

Oh and it is not about throwing vast sums of money, it is showing a potential invester that the club has support from the community if run the right way and the community is involved with the club

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Garth
October 7, 2011, 10:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Given that both are trying to point the finger at each other, you are 100% correct, but there are no other options that are obvious at present.....are there?

There are a lot of people out there (you being one of them I think) that have been preaching for ages that the queue is lengthening of punters desperate  to invest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
dapperz fun pub
October 7, 2011, 10:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
[quote=1122]Have just read the minutes myself.

First thing that smacks you in the face is the presence of John Fenty's brothers. Nothing to stop them going but add that to Tarka and you've a fair idea of where the Trust might be heading.

have to say it does look a bit same old same old,ill try and keep a open mind for now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
Devonmatt
October 7, 2011, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
[quote=1122]Have just read the minutes myself.

have to say it does look a bit same old same old,ill try and keep a open mind for now

Not something you hear in Grimsby everyday!  Bravo!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
forza ivano
October 7, 2011, 11:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters

ever heard the expression 'i am not my brother's keeper'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
tarka
October 7, 2011, 12:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 29
Well, having read some of the comments on here I realise there really isn't anything I can say to change some people's minds and I certainly won't get into discussions about it.  All I will say is that since 2003 my only concern has been GTFC. Some people will have disagreed with things I've done and said (and I'm not too proud to say that I've made mistakes) but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

On the subject of why I resigned and then came back (yes, I know it's on another thread but I don't have time to go back through it all at the moment) I resigned for personal reasons and nothing to do with the Trust.  I have kept abreast with what has been, or not been, going on though.  I won't go into what those reasons were as they are my business but those who know me well know those reasons were legitimate.  To suggest I suddenly reappeared when the shares were gifted to the Trust was nonsense as Emma will confirm.

I shall be standing for the Trust Board but if the opinion of those I trust and respect is that it wouldn't be in the Trust's interest I will happpily withdraw.  

As I said, I won't enter into any discussions about this but just felt I had to say my piece!  UTM
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Rich Boy
October 7, 2011, 12:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Tarka, I think the problem is that not everybody likes all the Trust board members from the past.

I am a former Trust member and found the Trust board very cliquey. There was a lot of criticism from members and slagging off of individuals at the club. Personally I think that there should be a clear out and the fans should be consulted as to what they want for the club. Obviously I am not the only one that is not happy with the GTST in its current form. I would gladly vote for Tarka to be the chairman once again though.  While the current chair is in place you will never get my support. I can speak for others too.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Squarkus
October 7, 2011, 5:00pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
It is not the time to be looking backwards, we should all join the caravan of gtst in our droves, and together with posative thoughts we will come up with some solutions that help the cause of our wonderfull club, from small acorns big oaks grow,utm.[/face][/color][face=Arial][color=black]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
forza ivano
October 7, 2011, 5:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Squarkus
It is not the time to be looking backwards, we should all join the caravan of gtst in our droves, and together with posative thoughts we will come up with some solutions that help the cause of our wonderfull club, from small acorns big oaks grow,utm.[/face][/color][face=Arial][color=black]

eloquently put - one of the best first posts in ages.welcome aboard the caravan!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
headingly_mariner
October 7, 2011, 5:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Tarka is a likable guy but as the spokesperson for the trust he has always been vociferous in his support for John Fenty and for this reason im out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
dapperz fun pub
October 7, 2011, 5:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Tarka is a likable guy but as the spokesperson for the trust he has always been vociferous in his support for John Fenty and for this reason im out!

to be fair though tarka did his best to spark a riot against mk thongs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Squarkus
October 7, 2011, 6:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Why dont you step up to the plate, he has his views as you have yours, at least he is willing to do somthing for the good of the club at a cost to himself, you keep banging on about fenty and how much he is up his ar-e, you must be that far up parkers ar-e you can see 80s feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
dapperz fun pub
October 7, 2011, 6:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
Why dont you step up to the plate, he has his views as you have yours, at least he is willing to do somthing for the good of the club at a cost to himself, you keep banging on about fenty and how much he is up his ar-e, you must be that far up parkers ar-e you can see 80s feet.

youre spot on i mean its not like weve had numerous relegations, let go the only manager who gave us a tad of success and in the middle of a very messy boardroom,yeh youre spot on again i would crawl up parkers bottom if it meant it would oust fenty once and for all,looking forward to post 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
1mickylyons
October 7, 2011, 6:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,404
Gold Stars: 56
I went on Saturday and i toed the party line for the full time i was in the meeting Dave Otter is really John Fenty and John Fentys brothers are actually Pete Furneax and Dudley Ramsden THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
80sglory
October 7, 2011, 7:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from Squarkus
you must be that far up parkers ar-e you can see 80s feet.

Don't drag me into your petty rants.  
Got nothing to do with me.
And for the record, I'm no fan of Parker at the moment either.

Reply: 39 - 44
Keelbysaint
October 7, 2011, 8:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
everyone has an agenda, and it is always personal on some level. It seems some agendas are more personal, or worse for the club than others (based on the opinions of others who do not want to put their own forward in an official capacity)

now where have I read that before.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
pseudonym
October 7, 2011, 9:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Although I have no intention of joining GTST, can I honestly say Tarka doesn't need the hassle so get off his back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
sonik
October 7, 2011, 9:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pseudonym
Although I have no intention of joining GTST, can I honestly say Tarka doesn't need the hassle so get off his back.

WHS.  I agree Terry. UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
TownSNAFU5
October 7, 2011, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
FAO MeanwoodMariner - I agree with you totally.  Unfortunately not everyone shares your open mind and "breathe of vision".  We "are where we are" (unfortunately).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
ticker_1610
October 7, 2011, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I will be joining the trust. I have spoken to Tarka many times and he has always been open and knowledgable about the goings on around the club, yes he had a rapport with JF, however don't be fooled into thinking Dave was in any way or form a Fenty puppet. Yes he agreed in principle with JF wanting the best for GTFC, but Dave also knew things wernt all rosy, but how the he'll could he influence what went on, now may be a different matter. Dave you'll get my vote.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTST

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.