5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
October 7, 2011, 12:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 29
Well, having read some of the comments on here I realise there really isn't anything I can say to change some people's minds and I certainly won't get into discussions about it.  All I will say is that since 2003 my only concern has been GTFC. Some people will have disagreed with things I've done and said (and I'm not too proud to say that I've made mistakes) but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

On the subject of why I resigned and then came back (yes, I know it's on another thread but I don't have time to go back through it all at the moment) I resigned for personal reasons and nothing to do with the Trust.  I have kept abreast with what has been, or not been, going on though.  I won't go into what those reasons were as they are my business but those who know me well know those reasons were legitimate.  To suggest I suddenly reappeared when the shares were gifted to the Trust was nonsense as Emma will confirm.

I shall be standing for the Trust Board but if the opinion of those I trust and respect is that it wouldn't be in the Trust's interest I will happpily withdraw.  

As I said, I won't enter into any discussions about this but just felt I had to say my piece!  UTM
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Rich Boy
October 7, 2011, 12:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
Tarka, I think the problem is that not everybody likes all the Trust board members from the past.

I am a former Trust member and found the Trust board very cliquey. There was a lot of criticism from members and slagging off of individuals at the club. Personally I think that there should be a clear out and the fans should be consulted as to what they want for the club. Obviously I am not the only one that is not happy with the GTST in its current form. I would gladly vote for Tarka to be the chairman once again though.  While the current chair is in place you will never get my support. I can speak for others too.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Squarkus
October 7, 2011, 5:00pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
It is not the time to be looking backwards, we should all join the caravan of gtst in our droves, and together with posative thoughts we will come up with some solutions that help the cause of our wonderfull club, from small acorns big oaks grow,utm.[/face][/color][face=Arial][color=black]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
forza ivano
October 7, 2011, 5:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +71 / -21
Approval: +15,316
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Squarkus
It is not the time to be looking backwards, we should all join the caravan of gtst in our droves, and together with posative thoughts we will come up with some solutions that help the cause of our wonderfull club, from small acorns big oaks grow,utm.[/face][/color][face=Arial][color=black]

eloquently put - one of the best first posts in ages.welcome aboard the caravan!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
headingly_mariner
October 7, 2011, 5:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,426
Gold Stars: 124
Tarka is a likable guy but as the spokesperson for the trust he has always been vociferous in his support for John Fenty and for this reason im out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
dapperz fun pub
October 7, 2011, 5:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.58
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,079
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Tarka is a likable guy but as the spokesperson for the trust he has always been vociferous in his support for John Fenty and for this reason im out!

to be fair though tarka did his best to spark a riot against mk thongs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Squarkus
October 7, 2011, 6:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Why dont you step up to the plate, he has his views as you have yours, at least he is willing to do somthing for the good of the club at a cost to himself, you keep banging on about fenty and how much he is up his ar-e, you must be that far up parkers ar-e you can see 80s feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
dapperz fun pub
October 7, 2011, 6:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.58
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,079
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from Squarkus
Why dont you step up to the plate, he has his views as you have yours, at least he is willing to do somthing for the good of the club at a cost to himself, you keep banging on about fenty and how much he is up his ar-e, you must be that far up parkers ar-e you can see 80s feet.

youre spot on i mean its not like weve had numerous relegations, let go the only manager who gave us a tad of success and in the middle of a very messy boardroom,yeh youre spot on again i would crawl up parkers bottom if it meant it would oust fenty once and for all,looking forward to post 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
1mickylyons
October 7, 2011, 6:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,444
Gold Stars: 56
I went on Saturday and i toed the party line for the full time i was in the meeting Dave Otter is really John Fenty and John Fentys brothers are actually Pete Furneax and Dudley Ramsden THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
80sglory
October 7, 2011, 7:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from Squarkus
you must be that far up parkers ar-e you can see 80s feet.

Don't drag me into your petty rants.  
Got nothing to do with me.
And for the record, I'm no fan of Parker at the moment either.

Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTST

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.