5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
As far as I know it was an open ended agreement...no time frames were mentioned.  I am sure that JF would never have relinquished his 51% control on the basis of 18 months joint investment.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 4:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from tarka
As far as I know it was an open ended agreement...no time frames were mentioned.  I am sure that JF would never have relinquished his 51% control on the basis of 18 months joint investment.

Bearing in mind the numerous other clangers weve seen JF drop in the last 7 years it was surely only a matter of time before someone else exploited his weaknesses when the chance arose Dave?I am not a wealthy buisnessman who can treat a football club like my personal toy nor am i a shark who can smell blood and instinctively know when the times right to attack Mike Parker however...........................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Bearing in mind the numerous other clangers weve seen JF drop in the last 7 years it was surely only a matter of time before someone else exploited his weaknesses when the chance arose Dave?I am not a wealthy buisnessman who can treat a football club like my personal toy nor am i a shark who can smell blood and instinctively know when the times right to attack Mike Parker however...........................

That is assuming MP has behaved in a predatory manner....I'm not convinced that he has.  And no, I have no inside information to substantiate this but my feeling is he realised (probably at the point he left the Board) just what he let himself in for.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from tarka

when he left the board he publically agreed to cover the losses for this season and increase his shareholding, no further promises were made.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
But I'm not talking about when he left the Board...rather what was agreed when he joined the Board and prior to last year's AGM.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Garth
September 23, 2011, 4:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from tarka

That is assuming MP has behaved in a predatory manner....I'm not convinced that he has.  And no, I have no inside information to substantiate this but my feeling is he realised (probably at the point he left the Board) just what he let himself in for.

You know that makes a lot of sense, factors are: other commitments after he increased his shares, poor results on the field(until recently} abuse directed at the previous Chairman etc etc.
so rocking the boat hoping that JF will increase his share holding and take control again along with further investment.
If this is correct his only option to recover his share outlet would be to find other investors to purchase them. which he`s promised to do
Just my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Im pretty sure when MP was wheeled out in triumph by JF as another shoulder for the Club to lean on that one or both said other outside parties would be coming in and that has never happened for whatever reason so i think that may be a significant factor in the thinking of MP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for Fenty and Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.