September 22, 2011, 11:53pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 50
80's can you also add when answering.

Well Meza that's a very good question at the end of the day or when all said and done or even with all due respect lol

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 11:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Meza
80's can you also add when answering.

Well Meza that's a very good question at the end of the day or when all said and done or even with all due respect lol

Reply: 21 - 46
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 12:06am
Guest User
Quoted from Meza
Q to JF - regardless who is the chairman being an ex chairman surely this would cause a conflict of interest upon decision making if the recent statements and media interviews have anything to go by as in unprofessionalism and lack of mutual respect?

You mean Fenty being a director on the board ?
Sound good to me ! Can anyone else answer this one ? (as if they were Fenty obviously !)

Quoted from Meza
Q to MP - if you appoint someone else to be chairman, will this person have GTFC at heart? And will he run away if things don't go the way he wants?

Yes he will have the club at heart.

[Good question though, I don't know how accountable he would be - i.e.how, to whom ? the shareolders ? is that Parker ? How would it work ? When could he potentially be "fired" ?
Bear in mind it's all academic if Parker is not in any position to do it, so he may just say he doesn't want to answer hypothetical questions at this stage until things are resolved....]

Quoted from Meza
Q to JF & MP - Itchy & Scratchy would like to sign Green will we be able to permanently add him to the squad and who will pay the additional wage?

As always, any potential signings will be taken out of the yearly playing budget.
[PS Give it a week or two, you'll probably see  ]
Reply: 22 - 46
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 12:06am
Guest User
Quoted from KK_DOG
To JF - Are there any circumstances that could occur that you would ask for your loans to GTFC to be paid back to you ?

Good one.
Reply: 23 - 46
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 3:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from 1600
As fans, feel we need to think carefully about what we'd ike to know and how it might help resove any stand off or stalemate.

The big mistake you are making is that you believe the situation can be resolved and that both can play an active role in owning and running the club.

Consider this...

Parker doesn't like Fenty and how he ran the club as Chairman. Parker has absolutely no desire to work in tandem with Fenty. Fenty would like to have control of the football club back. But he can't do it in a way that is remotely satisfactory to himself- even if he bought another 630,000 shares Parker would still own 40% of the club and wouldn't offer any funding. Fenty would be left owning 50% v Parker 40% but funding 100%- NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Parker holds all the aces. Also consider that Fenty has political ambitions- he will almost certainly stand as an MP at the next election. Would be viewed as very bad form if he was holding the club to ransom over his loans and endangering the local communities only professional Football Club.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 46
sweetGTFC
September 23, 2011, 7:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The big mistake you are making is that you believe the situation can be resolved and that both can play an active role in owning and running the club.

Consider this...

Parker doesn't like Fenty and how he ran the club as Chairman. Parker has absolutely no desire to work in tandem with Fenty. Fenty would like to have control of the football club back. But he can't do it in a way that is remotely satisfactory to himself- even if he bought another 630,000 shares Parker would still own 40% of the club and wouldn't offer any funding. Fenty would be left owning 50% v Parker 40% but funding 100%- NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Parker holds all the aces. Also consider that Fenty has political ambitions- he will almost certainly stand as an MP at the next election. Would be viewed as very bad form if he was holding the club to ransom over his loans and endangering the local communities only professional Football Club.

The final line is absolutely spot on.  One question however, what chance has a conservative seriously got of being elected as MP for Grimsby got?  More chance of me winning the lottery and sh8gging Scarlet Johansen I would have thought.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2011, 7:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The rumours are that he's looking to replace Peter Tapsell in Louth.....believe me, he's got zero chance!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from sweetGTFC

The final line is absolutely spot on.  One question however, what chance has a conservative seriously got of being elected as MP for Grimsby got?  More chance of me winning the lottery and sh8gging Scarlet Johansen I would have thought.  

Quoted from MuddyWaters

The rumours are that he's looking to replace Peter Tapsell in Louth.....believe me, he's got zero chance!

It is worth considering that there are plans in place to reduce the amount of MPs in Parliament before the next election. Great Grimsby only has an electorate of  61,929 and Cleethorpes 70,895. The plan is for seats across the UK of 76,000 +/- 5%. Means the Great Grimsby seat inparticular is going to expand considerably most probably by incorporating Immingham, but if it instead incorporated villages and become a semi-rural seat it could well mean it is a viable Tory target, especially for a well known local candidate.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 46
Kris Mustampa
September 23, 2011, 10:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It is worth considering that there are plans in place to reduce the amount of MPs in Parliament before the next election. Great Grimsby only has an electorate of  61,929 and Cleethorpes 70,895. The plan is for seats across the UK of 76,000 +/- 5%. Means the Great Grimsby seat inparticular is going to expand considerably most probably by incorporating Immingham, but if it instead incorporated villages and become a semi-rural seat it could well mean it is a viable Tory target, especially for a well known local candidate.

Surprised at this post.

Isnt it common knowledge that the boundary for the current great Grimsby constituency is to be moved into Cleethorpes, taking into account up to and including part of St Peters Ave.

It will leave Gy an even greater labour stronghold and strengthen the conservative hold over clee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
rancido
September 23, 2011, 12:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from Meza
Thanks 80's i'll redo one of the questions and add another.

Q to JF - regardless who is the chairman being an ex chairman surely this would cause a conflict of interest upon decision making if the recent statements and media interviews have anything to go by as in unprofessionalism and lack of mutual respect?Q to MP - if you appoint someone else to be chairman, will this person have GTFC at heart? And will he run away if things don't go the way he wants?

Q to JF & MP - Itchy & Scratchy would like to sign Green will we be able to permanently add him to the squad and who will pay the additional wage?

I can't see where this is a problem . Furneaux has had two spells as Chairman but reverted to being just a board member serving under various chairmen.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for Fenty and Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.