This thread currently has 2,108 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 8:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Wow what a shitter of a week for us Mariners! We have 2 experienced business men behaving like fools and embarrassing our team and fans.

It could be busy but I am here to help, class me as a samaritan, someone who can help you in these dissficult times, through these dark nights and grey days, giving you a tiny ray of sunshine through those dark dull Autuminal clouds..... Marinerian can read all your questions and give you the answers you seek

*Legal  Disclaimer*  Ian can not be held responsable if you are depressed and have enough of following our flipping shambles of a footballing set up thanks to two men playing stupid games

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
September 22, 2011, 9:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
is fenty ( con) trying to get his money back? easy one to start with
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 9:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
He may have realised he is never going to make a sucess of the club, only he will know his full intentions but it could be seen as he is trying to regather the funding he has injec ted into GTFC.

I have to be careful what I write as in all seriousness I do not want a libel case against my good self  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Super Clive
September 22, 2011, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
He will try but that will put GTFC in danger so he can't, unless Parker takes the reigns and were in a solid financial state so if he recalls his loans and the club won't be in trouble or summit like that, don't really no TBH come on Ian tell us
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
September 22, 2011, 9:18am
Guest User
If one successful businessman can only manage a decade of decline at a once-proud football club, how many successful businessmen are required to completely destroy the (hypothetical) club?

Why does society admire successful businesspeople? Surely being a success in business means getting Joe Public (e.g. you and I) to fork out a lot more for stuff than we would otherwise have to without their excessive profiteering.

How many successful businesspeople can the U.K. afford before our economy's completely f**ked?
Oh, wait...it already is...

Is football now a sport or a business?
Reply: 4 - 29
Rodley Mariner
September 22, 2011, 9:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
What's the business you've set up Ian? Have seen you mention it a few times but don't know what it is you do?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive
He will try but that will put GTFC in danger so he can't, unless Parker takes the reigns and were in a solid financial state so if he recalls his loans and the club won't be in trouble or summit like that, don't really no TBH come on Ian tell us

For legal reasons and risk not wanting to be blamed or accused by either party I wish not to answe this comment

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 137
If one successful businessman can only manage a decade of decline at a once-proud football club, how many successful businessmen are required to completely destroy the (hypothetical) club?

Why does society admire successful businesspeople? Surely being a success in business means getting Joe Public (e.g. you and I) to fork out a lot more for stuff than we would otherwise have to without their excessive profiteering.

How many successful businesspeople can the U.K. afford before our economy's completely f**ked?
Oh, wait...it already is...

Is football now a sport or a business?

A successful business persoon imo is able to get a company to make profit without huge outlay of costs. It then has to increase the publics awareness of the so said company by creating a strong reputation also known as the brand (I think).

As success and reputation grows so does the oppertunities of expansion and changing business status therefore attracting shareholders.

The fact is many successfulk businesses are run by a large team of experencied members of different areas within a business. Though things can go wrong, the more the expectation the bigger the demand for profit from the likes of shareholders etc

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Rodley Mariner
September 22, 2011, 9:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from marinerian

Yes I wait for the stupid comments but least I am trying to make a living and believe me times are tough at the moment for all businesses and people too.

Good for you for giving it a go mate. Takes some guts to set something up yourself.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
MyDogsThoughts
September 22, 2011, 9:44am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I'll be in Kalamaki (Zante) instead of Kidderminster on Tuesday, can you recommend a bar to watch the game in Ian?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Here we go....Ask Marinerian

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.