This thread currently has 2,107 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
grimsbyreaper
September 22, 2011, 1:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Dear MarinerIan,
I am a successful business man with some excess cash that is burning a hole in my off shore tax haven.  

I was considering making a large investment in a English Football Club. A club that was recently in the second tier of English football but has recently suffered major decline. A club that has a shite hole of a stadium, broken down and ruined through years of neglect, but conversely it's capacity can hold more than the number of fans it will ever see there, even if we drew Manchester United in the FA CUP.
The fans of this club are a bunch of miserable sods, who despite all the money I would pump in to ensure the clubs survival, will female dog and complain about my decisions.
A club that is currently in freefall down the league without a bungy rope attached.

So should I invest In Scunthorpe United? or is my tax haven cash better spent on wine, women, sex, drugs and rock n roll?

regards
Sheik MaBu Bys

I thought I had seen the end of the world. Desolation, Isolation, Destruction, Mutants and the end of Civilisation.
Turns out bloody Tom Tom had directed me through Scunthorpe City Centre.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 29
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 3:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Dear Sir,

please lets not tar all Town fans with the same brush. Most want to see town succeed but after more than 10 years of utter shite still follow and cheer Town on.

During the last persons ownership the club as you rightly mention has fallen through England footballing pyramid structure.

I feel Town fans have a right to moan especially as the last owner contradicted his statements so many times, therefore making it hard to understand the truth and real motives behind decissions of running a football club.

Fans are customers and they want to see their club do well, when all ios not good and the standard of results is below poor, the fans are likely to voice their opinion.

Never under estimate GTFC fans, they travel well to support their club and often take more support to away games than many league One teams!

With some pride insalled at Blundell Park and one the club shows some form to shout about, the fans will be back cheering on the Mighty Mariners.

Also times are hard on the supporters pockets, it is hard to justify paying £14 plus for 5th tier football especially as we have been so poor on the pitch for so long.

Things are looking to change. We have to hungry managers who are trying hard to change so much at the club and despite a rocky start we are only 7 points off the top of our league. A good run and we could be right up their.

Your comments on Scunthorpe upsets me. It is full of gypsies, foriegners and aids ridden smack heads, they get similar crowds to us despite being 2 divisions above. Their fans are very good runners though, one even ran from Grimsby to Scunthorpe because he was scared of Grimsby folk! In general they will run, they are the UK 's version of a Frenchman.

Hope this helps

Marinerian  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
ponnyfan
September 22, 2011, 4:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Were the people chanting "Fenty Fenty what's the score" ? .....on tuesday night, out of order ? What do you think and did this have any relevance ?

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
Claudius Tiberius Smith
September 22, 2011, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
What are the chances of a global economic recovery, & do you like fish?

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
upthestripes
September 22, 2011, 6:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Am I showing early signs of erectile dysfunction/libido loss, or is the Mansfield bird actually just properly minging and almost everyone else plain wrong?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
ponnyfan
September 22, 2011, 6:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
You have a diagnosis known as undecideddick - please see your gp for further advice

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
upthestripes
September 22, 2011, 6:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from ponnyfan
You have a diagnosis known as undecideddick - please see your gp for further advice

Haha, thanks mate. He says it's not that at all, it's actually a condition called goodtasteandasetofeyesitus

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Liam94
September 22, 2011, 7:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
should i cook tea or order a take out??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 8:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ponnyfan
Were the people chanting "Fenty Fenty what's the score" ? .....on tuesday night, out of order ? What do you think and did this have any relevance ?

I wasn't present on Tuesday and I feel the fans have the right to let out their frustration, least it wasn't at the players or coaches

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
marinerian
September 22, 2011, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
[quote=2803]should i cook tea or order a take out??[/quotYou shouldn't cook tea that is your girlfriend/wifes role!  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Here we go....Ask Marinerian

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.