This thread currently has 3,448 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 9:44am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
bet365 have a can't lose bet offer on today for the Man Utd v Chelsea game. If you bet before the game then you can have a free in-play bet during the game up to the same price of your pre-match bet (max £50). I have just bet £50 on the Double Chance bet Man Utd or Draw (1.16 odds). As soon as the match kicks off I will put £50 on Chelsea to win (or you could do Chelsea or Draw). If Man Utd win or it's a draw I win £8, if Chelsea win I win around £125. This applies to existing customers or anyone who opens a new account. You need to have the value of both bets in your account, they will refund the money afterwards for losing bets.

http://www.bet365.com/home/?affiliate=365_005804

Dip your bread!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Shiver
September 18, 2011, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
So if I put £50 on ManU to win at 1.83 - to win 41.67

Then after kick off £50 on Chelsea or draw at 1.83 - to win £41.67

Put on £100 and get £141.67 back whatever the result?

I've never really bet much in the past so apologies if I've worked that out completely wrong!

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Super Clive
September 18, 2011, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Man U for me they are playing outstanding at the moment, might have a flutter  
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
mariner91
September 18, 2011, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Cheers Rob.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Mariner_501
September 18, 2011, 1:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Super Clive
Man U for me they are playing outstanding at the moment, might have a flutter  

Wasn't so great widweek. Also, sure you said you don't bet with some cocky remark before?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
Super Clive
September 18, 2011, 2:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Can you read? MIGHT, as for the cocky remark b4 well your bet was male masturbation
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Mariner_501
September 18, 2011, 2:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Super Clive
Can you read? MIGHT, as for the cocky remark b4 well your bet was male masturbation

When I said town was gonna win AND THEY DID!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Super Clive
September 18, 2011, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_501

When I said town was gonna win AND THEY DID!

Exactly a fluke  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
topuphere666
September 18, 2011, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Ive got £20 on both madrid teams on a double tonight, shitty odds but will pay me about £35 back (inc bet)

I started off with £5 two weeks ago, and chucked money on dead certs to win a small amount. Then putting like £8 on a dead cert then £12 and so on, After yesterdays games i had £118 in my ladbrokes account.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 3:17pm
Guest User
Be careful..... !

Have you read the terms and conditions ?

http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx?ContentPath=Promotions%2cSoccer%2cPremierLeagueFreeBet

6. Where any term of the offer or promotion is breached or there is any evidence of a series of bets placed by a customer or group of customers, which due to a deposit bonus, enhanced payments, free bets or any other promotional offer results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of the outcome, whether individually or as part of a group, bet365 reserves the right to reclaim the bonus element of such offers and in their absolute discretion either settle bets at the correct odds, void the free bets or void any bet funded by the deposit bonus. In addition bet365 reserve the right to levy an administration charge on the customer up to the value of the deposit bonus, free bet or additional payment to cover administrative costs. We further reserve the right to ask any customer to provide sufficient documentation for us to be satisfied in our absolute discretion as to the customer's identity prior to us crediting any bonus, free bet or offer to their account.
Reply: 9 - 28
ponnyfan
September 18, 2011, 3:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from 1600
Be careful..... !

http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx?ContentPath=Promotions%2cSoccer%2cPremierLeagueFreeBet

6. Where any term of the offer or promotion is breached or there is any evidence of a series of bets placed by a customer or group of customers, which due to a deposit bonus, enhanced payments, free bets or any other promotional offer results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of the outcome, whether individually or as part of a group, bet365 reserves the right to reclaim the bonus element of such offers and in their absolute discretion either settle bets at the correct odds, void the free bets or void any bet funded by the deposit bonus. In addition bet365 reserve the right to levy an administration charge on the customer up to the value of the deposit bonus, free bet or additional payment to cover administrative costs. We further reserve the right to ask any customer to provide sufficient documentation for us to be satisfied in our absolute discretion as to the customer's identity prior to us crediting any bonus, free bet or offer to their account.
Oh dear

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 4:51pm

Quoted from 1600
Be careful..... !

Hmmm, I could have sworn that condition wasn't there earlier. Maybe a few people have been doing it  

I can hardly proclaim innocence having announced my attentions on a public forum.

At least I don't have to watch the second half. 3-0 is harsh on Chelsea.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 11 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 4:58pm
Guest User
It's possible all is not lost - perhaps they won't notice or enforce it for smaller bets.

3-0 is harsh on Chelsea but that's what Man Utd can do to you - wouldn't say Chelsea are out of it but I could equally see 6 or more if they let their heads drop.
Reply: 12 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 5:04pm

I spend hundreds of pounds a year on their site. I'll just take my business elsewhere if they do. I put £2 on Chelsea to win at 150-1 at HT and now it's 3-1  

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 13 - 28
ponnyfan
September 18, 2011, 5:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from GrimRob

Hmmm, I could have sworn that condition wasn't there earlier. Maybe a few people have been doing it  

I can hardly proclaim innocence having announced my attentions on a public forum.

At least I don't have to watch the second half. 3-0 is harsh on Chelsea.
I cannot see them enforcing that for small bets or small winnings.The whole business plan is to get you to have an account and continue betting.Huge bets with bigger winnings will be subject to scrutiny and then the clause would be invoked.If you have placed a few small bets I hardly feel they will penalise you.Good luck to all who have bet  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
wigworld
September 18, 2011, 5:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
So did they pay out then?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 28
psgmariner
September 18, 2011, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I did £10 on MUFC the another £10 in play on them to win 1st half. Happy days!

Lost a bit on PSG not winning though.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Shiver
September 18, 2011, 6:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Yeah got paid ~£144 after depositing £100 so unless they take it back later, thanks Rob.

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 7:07pm

Quoted from ponnyfan
I cannot see them enforcing that for small bets or small winnings.The whole business plan is to get you to have an account and continue betting.Huge bets with bigger winnings will be subject to scrutiny and then the clause would be invoked.If you have placed a few small bets I hardly feel they will penalise you.Good luck to all who have bet  

You are quite right. I have my £100 back plus £9 profit.  

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 18 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 7:08pm
Guest User
Bet365 are a good firm. (as opposed to Ladbrokes or Boylesports who I try to avoid)

I once did an accumulator and chose the right team but wrong fixture later in the week but they still paid me out regardless.  
As it happens they won later in the week too but I didn't know that at the time !
Reply: 19 - 28
upthestripes
September 18, 2011, 7:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600
(as opposed to Ladbrokes or Boylesports who I try to avoid)

How come?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 7:36pm
Guest User
Ladbrokes can offer poor odds and can use every marketing trick in the book to fool you into handing over your money whilst thinking you're getting a good deal.
Boylesports are just scum !  (better be careful what I say...)
Reply: 21 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 8:14pm

Bet365 definitely have the best offers for existing customers of all the betting firms I use regularly (around a dozen). They generally have pretty generous prices too (except for in-play prices which are usually rubbish value). Any offers other bookies give are much more gimicky and tend to be the poorest value markets that they want you to bet on anyway (correct score, first scorer etc) and that I generally avoid.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 22 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 8:28pm
Guest User
I agree with that.
In-play odds aren't very good but I suppose you'd expect that to an extent.

Rob would you say despite all these companies attempts to get people to bet with THEM, most punters just tend to just go with the best odds ?

Personally I'm not a fan of betfair for their 5% commission but you've got to go with it to get the bigger odds, range of markets and to be able to hedge your bets.
Reply: 23 - 28
pontoonlew
September 18, 2011, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from topuphere666
Ive got £20 on both madrid teams on a double tonight, shitty odds but will pay me about £35 back (inc bet)

I started off with £5 two weeks ago, and chucked money on dead certs to win a small amount. Then putting like £8 on a dead cert then £12 and so on, After yesterdays games i had £118 in my ladbrokes account.

Uhhhh ohhhhhh  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 8:41pm

Quoted from 1600
I agree with that.
In-play odds aren't very good but I suppose you'd expect that to an extent.

They are on Betfair! 90% of the time compare the two and you'll get a vastly better price. I don't use betfair much but I'd always use it for in-play betting on large markets.

Quoted from 1600
Rob would you say despite all these companies attempts to get people to bet with THEM, most punters just tend to just go with the best odds ?

I suspect not because most people are obsessed with accumulators! The bookies make their money for this reason alone. The best bookies offer a good price on maybe 50% of games, and a less good price for the others (it's these second half they make the money on generally). You can't spread an accumlator over more than one bookie but a lot of punters don't realise or care that on average they are going to lose just because of the way they bet. That's why I only bet singles and always take the best price. I sometimes do doubles or trebles if one bookie has a best or near-best price on everything I want to bet on but the days of my picking loads of games off a coupon are long gone.

Quoted from 1600
Personally I'm not a fan of betfair for their 5% commission but you've got to go with it to get the bigger odds, range of markets and to be able to hedge your bets.

I dislike betfair because I generally bet on smaller markets. It's rubbish for small football games, rugby league matches, snooker and tennis games unless they are televised. If it is a big market though take the 5% you'll probably do better than the fixed odds firms overall.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 25 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 9:00pm
Guest User
Yeah agree with you - I suppose the odds on betfair are real people trying to play bookie.
I've tried myself and it's so darn competitive I wonder how people ever make much profit laying these markets ! (if they do).
Maybe some have got so much money they can skim a very small %
Reply: 26 - 28
topuphere666
September 19, 2011, 7:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from pontoonlew

Uhhhh ohhhhhh  

I know I watched the levante v R Madrid game!! Unbelievable. I had a decent win on Saturday though so it makes up for it a little bit!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
cannylad68
September 19, 2011, 9:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Had you involved Betfair, as I did, you would have made a profit of just over £30 whatever the result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't lose bet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.