3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
upthestripes
September 18, 2011, 7:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600
(as opposed to Ladbrokes or Boylesports who I try to avoid)

How come?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 7:36pm
Guest User
Ladbrokes can offer poor odds and can use every marketing trick in the book to fool you into handing over your money whilst thinking you're getting a good deal.
Boylesports are just scum !  (better be careful what I say...)
Reply: 21 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 8:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Bet365 definitely have the best offers for existing customers of all the betting firms I use regularly (around a dozen). They generally have pretty generous prices too (except for in-play prices which are usually rubbish value). Any offers other bookies give are much more gimicky and tend to be the poorest value markets that they want you to bet on anyway (correct score, first scorer etc) and that I generally avoid.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 8:28pm
Guest User
I agree with that.
In-play odds aren't very good but I suppose you'd expect that to an extent.

Rob would you say despite all these companies attempts to get people to bet with THEM, most punters just tend to just go with the best odds ?

Personally I'm not a fan of betfair for their 5% commission but you've got to go with it to get the bigger odds, range of markets and to be able to hedge your bets.
Reply: 23 - 28
pontoonlew
September 18, 2011, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from topuphere666
Ive got £20 on both madrid teams on a double tonight, shitty odds but will pay me about £35 back (inc bet)

I started off with £5 two weeks ago, and chucked money on dead certs to win a small amount. Then putting like £8 on a dead cert then £12 and so on, After yesterdays games i had £118 in my ladbrokes account.

Uhhhh ohhhhhh  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
GrimRob
September 18, 2011, 8:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 1600
I agree with that.
In-play odds aren't very good but I suppose you'd expect that to an extent.

They are on Betfair! 90% of the time compare the two and you'll get a vastly better price. I don't use betfair much but I'd always use it for in-play betting on large markets.

Quoted from 1600
Rob would you say despite all these companies attempts to get people to bet with THEM, most punters just tend to just go with the best odds ?

I suspect not because most people are obsessed with accumulators! The bookies make their money for this reason alone. The best bookies offer a good price on maybe 50% of games, and a less good price for the others (it's these second half they make the money on generally). You can't spread an accumlator over more than one bookie but a lot of punters don't realise or care that on average they are going to lose just because of the way they bet. That's why I only bet singles and always take the best price. I sometimes do doubles or trebles if one bookie has a best or near-best price on everything I want to bet on but the days of my picking loads of games off a coupon are long gone.

Quoted from 1600
Personally I'm not a fan of betfair for their 5% commission but you've got to go with it to get the bigger odds, range of markets and to be able to hedge your bets.

I dislike betfair because I generally bet on smaller markets. It's rubbish for small football games, rugby league matches, snooker and tennis games unless they are televised. If it is a big market though take the 5% you'll probably do better than the fixed odds firms overall.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 28
80sglory
September 18, 2011, 9:00pm
Guest User
Yeah agree with you - I suppose the odds on betfair are real people trying to play bookie.
I've tried myself and it's so darn competitive I wonder how people ever make much profit laying these markets ! (if they do).
Maybe some have got so much money they can skim a very small %
Reply: 26 - 28
topuphere666
September 19, 2011, 7:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from pontoonlew

Uhhhh ohhhhhh  

I know I watched the levante v R Madrid game!! Unbelievable. I had a decent win on Saturday though so it makes up for it a little bit!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
cannylad68
September 19, 2011, 9:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Had you involved Betfair, as I did, you would have made a profit of just over £30 whatever the result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't lose bet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.