Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Them or us?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

Them or us?

This thread currently has 5,567 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 11, 2011, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Quakerz

And Darlo Uncovered. And Stagsnet. Etc.

Darlo's is rubbish. That's why you're on here  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 6:32pm
Guest User
A good question UTS.
Maybe a bit of both ?
Reply: 11 - 31
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 6:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Quakerz

And Darlo Uncovered. And Stagsnet. Etc.

I do pop onto your forum quite often, but it's not that busy tbf. That's not a dig, just the way it seems to me.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 6:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600
A good question UTS.
Maybe a bit of both ?

You're probably right mate.
Still a little bit of a coincidence that their bad games were against us, but coincidences happen I suppose.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
grimsby pete
September 11, 2011, 6:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
We made them look poor Ian,

So thier fans call their players but it was because WE WERE GOOD !!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
BIGChris
September 11, 2011, 6:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
At FGR I felt they started well enough and looked confident as they passed the ball however when we repelled their attacks and took the lead, they ran out of idea's. They then went long ball. I would definetly say we made FGR perform as they did.

As for yesterday i just didnt think they were very good and the final league table will confirm that!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
oldun
September 11, 2011, 7:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
As they say you can only beat what is in front of you. Hayes and Yeading were no pushovers and kept plugging away, but town were on the front foot for most of the game, right from the first whistle. Town played very well as a team and created umpteen chances. Good saves by their keeper and some good defensive blaocks kept the score down. Going forward they did not manage to create any good chances. Town's defence dealt well with their forwards. Nearest they came was from a freekick just outside the area in the first half which McKeown saved very well. They had a young looking fair haired lad, looked quite frail playing at 10, but who I thought showed good control, good touches and awareness, Williams I think he was called. They were not a great team but town would have given anyone a run for their money on yesterday's showing. They played some good stuff, very skillful at times and worked really hard as a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 7:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes

You're probably right mate.
Still a little bit of a coincidence that their bad games were against us, but coincidences happen I suppose.

It's a very fair point to make.
I'm certainly not getting carried away with "the victory" but liked some aspects of our play too which gave me hope.

Put it this way though, I'll be a LOT more confident about our promotion chances etc when we open up and take the game to the opposition AWAY from home and dominate and beat them well.

Yes we've already done well away from home securing 3 points, but I can't see this tactic of "trying to nick it" away from home being successful in the long haul - from that point of view maybe you've made a point about Forest Green. i.e. Were they so poor on the day we managed to sneak over the line ? Even Scott said WE weren't at our best....
To be fair though, can anyone tell me if we were unlucky and deserved 3 points vs Gateshead ?
Sounds a bit like it but I really don't know if it's objective or not.

With two wins under our belt I now personally think we need to open up more (as opposed to keeping things tight), bury these away ghosts/fears and then the sky could be the limit.  

If we nick Stockport 1-0 in another defensive display then we'll have chalked up 3 wins which is great but I still won't be entirely convinced we're one of the big boys and a team not to be messed with (which I'd like to think would be our aim)

For various reasons I feel Stockport is a key game - win that convincingly and maybe anything(even winning the league) is possible !

UTM.
Reply: 17 - 31
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 7:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
We made them look poor Ian,

So thier fans call their players but it was because WE WERE GOOD !!!!!!!!!

Well they did get a draw with Luton Pete, and a win at Tamworth!
Got a feeling Tamworth will start to slip away though. I'm sure they had a good first half last year but did the sae.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
marinette
September 11, 2011, 7:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I didn't think Hayes and Yeading looked a very good team.

Without wishing to be negative, I would like to see Town being more ruthless, more organised, more confident, stronger, quicker and more skilful and much more clinical in front of goal.  Perhaps I am being too demanding?  Then again, in pre-season people were saying Donny Rovers looked like a very good team and I didn't think so...I just thought they looked better than us.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy enough with yesterday, and obviously it was very good compared with some games we've played, but I'd like to see us do better and think perhaps we can.  

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Them or us?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.