Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Them or us?
Users Browsing Forum
SWMariner and 82 Guests

Them or us?

This thread currently has 5,564 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 3:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
One thing that struck me after reading the FGR and H&Y boards is that both sets of fans seemed fairly livid with how badly their teams played against us. And I didn't see a single compliment in our favour.
We, on the other hand, have been waxing lyrical about how great we've been playing.
So which is it?
Is it that we're playing so well now that we're making them look poor? Or is it that both teams have had bad performances when they came up against us?

I think the latter case would be something of a coincidence, as I browsed through their boards prior to both games and the feeling seemed to be that they were playing very very well and, as we know, both had been picking up some good results to back this up.
So was it a coincidence that they both had their bad (maybe worst) performances on the day they played us?
Or maybe they've seen our league position and the Braintree result etc. and figured we are a poor side this season who they should've done much better against (oh the irony!)?

I suppose there's no way of knowing for rsure whether it was us or them, but what do you think? It's obviously a very important question as if it was them playing especially poorly it could mean that the last 2 results will turn out to've been a bit of a false dawn. Personally I don't think it is though, I have to say. But then look at the predictions league thread and you'll see I know naff all about footy  

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
ponnyfan
September 11, 2011, 4:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
I think, had we played Fleetwood and Darlo yesterday it would have been a completely different result.A couple more good results and we should be up there wiping that smug grin off that twit Brodies face.Come on Town - UTM !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 4:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ponnyfan
I think, had we played Fleetwood and Darlo yesterday it would have been a completely different result.A couple more good results and we should be up there wiping that smug grin off that twit Brodies face.Come on Town - UTM !

That's just what I was hoping Ponny. Maybe as I said it's just that their fans were expecting better cos of where we are?
Usually oppostion fans give credit when it's due, in amongst the obvious bias. But there just wasn't any.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
maxfox44
September 11, 2011, 4:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Of course sometimes a team can play so well, they make the other team play and/or look poor.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
Jimmy_Hills_Chin
September 11, 2011, 6:08pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1
I bet that Hayes and Yeading forum is busy.

intercourse off ya chinny illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 11, 2011, 6:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Jimmy_Hills_Chin

Always is.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
codcheeky
September 11, 2011, 6:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
maybe the 5-0 at braintree was a cunning plan.... maybe we should rename them blackadder & baldrick!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 6:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Jimmy_Hills_Chin

lol. Every forum in this league is crap tbf, barring ours and maybe Luton Outlaws.

Mind you there are some I can't read cos you have to register just to read the feckin things! What's the point in that!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 6:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky
maybe the 5-0 at braintree was a cunning plan.... maybe we should rename them blackadder & baldrick!

Definitely was. No doubt about it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
Quakerz
September 11, 2011, 6:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from upthestripes

lol. Every forum in this league is crap tbf, barring ours and maybe Luton Outlaws.

And Darlo Uncovered. And Stagsnet. Etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Them or us?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.