barralad
September 12, 2011, 6:51pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

So do I but many will have conflicting views on what "heading in the right direction" means.
Some look at results and the league table, some look at performances and potential.
Understand your view after the last 10 years and Fenty takes his fair share of blame but bear in mind S&H have only really had 8 real games if you discount last season (think we should because it was about rebuilding)

Very true but haven't we learnt by now that performances are the key to long-term progress and not results ?

What I mean is the lucky wins we had against Crawley and Luton under Woods gave people this red herring we "did well against the best teams" (actually it was b0lllocks if you looked at the other top teams as well) and used it as proof we were better than we were.
But it only really prolonged the inevitable agony...

This year it's more the opposite - the results haven't been great but the performances have been generally promising.

Not saying S&H are the answer I don't know, but so far, seen no real reason to think they won't be.

If we play well but get unlucky and lose again it make take a long time for things to even themselves out(as it did under Woods) - so at the end of the day, we've got to be patient and just wait and see.

Luton at home was probably in the top three performances of last season. Not much luck about it. You wouldn't be re-writing history again would you? Wouldn't argue too much about the others although Crawley was so early that it was difficult to write any long term prognosis for the season into it. We were also quite "unlucky" not to beat them at home.
I thought the prevalent opinion on here and elsewhere was that we generally played much better against the "top" teams but under-performed against the so called "Pub teams"?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 6:58pm
Guest User
Just giving my own view - it was a good performance but I thought the lucky really penalty and set piece knocked the stuffing out of them.
As for the top teams that was my point - look at results against the other top teams I think you'll find we struggled just as badly.
Anyway I'm not arguing the toss but prevalent opinion is sometimes wide of the mark IMO.
Reply: 21 - 26
tarka
September 12, 2011, 8:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600
Which is exactly my own view nincompoop !  

You see that is your problem.....you are quite happy to give us all the dubious priveledge of your in depth analysis...but the slightest challenge to those views and you descend into that kind of behaviour.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 9:02pm
Guest User
Got no problem with being challenged at all I welcome it but either get your facts right or at least present some before you start talking a load of bull.
Reply: 23 - 26
tarka
September 12, 2011, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600
Got no problem with being challenged at all I welcome it but either get your facts right or at least present some before you start talking a load of bull.

Only in your opinion sunshine and I was presenting facts - the fact that you slated S&H towards the end of last season ...and at least I don't descend into foul mouthed abuse.

If you want to read some facts, please follow the link below.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-pe07.html

Strangely familiar?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 10:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka

Only in your opinion sunshine and I was presenting facts - the fact that you slated S&H towards the end of last season ...and at least I don't descend into foul mouthed abuse.

You presented naff all.
I remember moaning about long ball but I honestly don't remember slating S&H for not being the answer or writing them off ?
As I said, SHOW me the evidence and I won't mind - oh but you "can't be bothered to waid through your multitude of postings" ?
So much for facts - are you just making up a load crap ? Wouldn't suprise me...

Anyway, even if I might have objected to them or some things, SO WHAT ?
If you want always want me to kiss every managers bottom or never have my own opinion that's critical of anyone or anything then you can sod off.
Mental health ?! Look in the mirror, you must be delusional.
Reply: 25 - 26
GodHelpUs
September 27, 2011, 1:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from tarka

If you want to read some facts, please follow the link below.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-pe07.html

Strangely familiar?

Our resident trick cyclist hit the nail on the head I reckon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From the dugout

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.