3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
September 11, 2011, 4:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29

Have you ever been to any other ground in the country? Its the same whether you are having a bad time in the Champions League or in the Conference.

I am sick to the back teeth that our fans been spoken of in this way.

We the fans who love the club to bits, have been fed 10 years of utter garbage and have seen the club plummet to an all time low.

Of course we are going to angry/fickle(ish) until we see some definate signs of having turned the corner.

The club ought to be thankful the community still has an interest in the club at all after what weve been through.

Its in the clubs court now to start to put things right,and get all the fans back on side.

Yesterday was  a good start and I am sure most feel like 80's - a little more hopeful.  

So you don't think we'll be back to the same old story after the next defeat?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
tarka
September 11, 2011, 4:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600

Have I ? Please enlighten me.
Anyway I think you'll find the football has changed since last season ?

I'm saying there are some positive signs for encouragement, I'm certainly not getting carried away or saying we've cracked it - read the thread !

By the way, is it really necessary to quote the entire thread for a one line response ?  

Sadly I don't have your energy for disecting posts so I (lazilly) quoted your entire post.  ikewise, I can't be bothered to waid through your multitude of postings but, safe to say, when Hurst and Scott first arrived some of your postngs were scathing.

Yes, the football has changed since last season....that's what happens when you give a management team a bit of time. More importantly the job isn't done yet!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
ponnyfan
September 11, 2011, 4:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from tarka

Defeat ? Ooh dear negativity is spreading Tarka  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 4:59pm
Guest User
Some of my posts were scathing ?
About what ?
Oh you can't be bothered to elaborate ? How very convenient !

Forgive me for having an objective view on a range of different issues or half a brain cell to say not everything they do must always be foot perfect.

Plus you're putting everyone in the same boat.
The fact that you mention the word "defeat" speaks volumes  - I don't go off results I go off performances.
Just so happens I though yesterday was a good performance but I've been complaining in the past after 4 points from 6.
So don't assume - makes an a ss out of u and me.

Quoted from tarka
More importantly the job isn't done yet!

Which is exactly my own view nincompoop !  

Some of the people who "moan about the moaners" are just as bad - even when you give praise they're still flipping moaning !  
Reply: 13 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
September 11, 2011, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from tarka

Not necessarily - depends when it is!

I think people will be patient to a degree if they can see we are heading in right direction.

As they say its a results based business and in the last 10 years the results have been appalling.

Nonetheless we are all desperate for that elusive corner to be turned, so lets hope everyone on here and Town fans in general have a better future to look forward to.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Dan
September 11, 2011, 11:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1600
Your choice - if you want to assume it's waffle or have got the attention span of an ant then be a loser, no skin off my nose.

There are several knowledgable posters I enjoy reading at length on here for their quality and personal insight - if someone posts a whole page I won't be put off, I'll still read it.  

Unless it's maybe someone like you whose posts I put firmly in the "can disregard ?" category which I pay limited time or attention to.

Anyway, enjoy the bullshit !  

PS Sometimes I even read books too !  

If you read books, you may know George Orwell, who one proclaimed "If you can cut a word out, always cut out" Brevity is an art form, and 90% of what you write is useless waffle.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 2:18am
Guest User
How do you know if (as you say) you haven't even read it ?  

You're entitled to your view but you're wrong - I do cut out many words but you can't create an "art form" on the back of a homosexual packet or we'd all be Van Gogh.
And to be honest, I can't always be @rsed to make it word perfect just so I keep the interest of those who ultimately won't understand it anyway.
Think the real truth is, you're unable to follow or appreciate in depth (football) analysis - to be fair not everyone can.
Just means you haven't got the patience or capability to appreciate the finer aspects of what's actually being said so you understandably get bored - your deficiency (or lack of knowledge), not mine !

Stick with the lowest common denominator or what you can manage and appreciate, you'll be fine...
Reply: 16 - 26
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 3:18am
Guest User
Not necessarily - depends when it is!

I think people will be patient to a degree if they can see we are heading in right direction.

So do I but many will have conflicting views on what "heading in the right direction" means.
Some look at results and the league table, some look at performances and potential.
Understand your view after the last 10 years and Fenty takes his fair share of blame but bear in mind S&H have only really had 8 real games if you discount last season (think we should because it was about rebuilding)

As they say its a results based business and in the last 10 years the results have been appalling.

Very true but haven't we learnt by now that performances are the key to long-term progress and not results ?

What I mean is the lucky wins we had against Crawley and Luton under Woods gave people this red herring we "did well against the best teams" (actually it was b0lllocks if you looked at the other top teams as well) and used it as proof we were better than we were.
But it only really prolonged the inevitable agony...

This year it's more the opposite - the results haven't been great but the performances have been generally promising.

Not saying S&H are the answer I don't know, but so far, seen no real reason to think they won't be.

If we play well but get unlucky and lose again it make take a long time for things to even themselves out(as it did under Woods) - so at the end of the day, we've got to be patient and just wait and see.
Reply: 17 - 26
Roast Em Bobby
September 12, 2011, 7:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Dan

If you read books, you may know George Orwell, who one proclaimed "If you can cut a word out, always cut out" Brevity is an art form, and 90% of what you write is useless waffle.

I'm afraid that 80's likes the sound of his own voice, has even started referring to himself in the third person  - delusions of grandeur

I wish he'd cut it down a bit, its getting a bit boring reading his "analysis" in every thread

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
amanda hugnkiss
September 12, 2011, 6:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
yeah i agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From the dugout

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.