3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
September 4, 2011, 2:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
He needs games and with our apparently non existant reserves fixtures he isn't getting them, would make
sense to loan him out, particularly as S & H aren't putting him on the bench, as others have posted though
we would need immediate re-call should anything happen to Macca, or he loses form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
Super Clive
September 4, 2011, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Wasn't the whole Idea of bringing macca in was to have competition in Goal? Like leat year when Kennys form dipped well below par, it seems Macca has got the nod first but he needs to be kept on his toes Everyday In training and on a matchday?

Kenny will get his chance, he's an experienced pro , he knows the score, Don't loan him out, because you can put money on Macca getting injured if he does.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
marinette
September 4, 2011, 2:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Not been to many games this season, but do we not have a reserve keeper on the bench these days?  If anything happened to our keeper during a game (quite likely given the nature of the league) who would go in goal?  (Damian Spencer please!)  

Veering away from the main point, did I read somewhere that Kenny has been doing match commentaries, and if so, is he any good?  He surely has to be better than Glenn Cockerill?  And who was that strange commentator on RH yesterday?  What has happened to JT?

Oh dear, so many questions, so little time.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
mariner91
September 4, 2011, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,656
Gold Stars: 262
Would probably be good for him and so long as we could recall him it wouldn't harm us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Wrawby_Mariner
September 4, 2011, 2:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Well what if he was to go out on loan and he got injured?

Having said that a keeper of his quality should be a first choice at that level.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 14 - 28
Chrisblor
September 4, 2011, 3:03pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,854
Gold Stars: 235
Kenny Arthur is my favourite player in the Grimsby Town squad

-Chris, aged 23 & 1/2

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
ponnyfan
September 4, 2011, 4:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from marinette
Not been to many games this season, but do we not have a reserve keeper on the bench these days?  If anything happened to our keeper during a game (quite likely given the nature of the league) who would go in goal?  (Damian Spencer please!)  

Veering away from the main point, did I read somewhere that Kenny has been doing match commentaries, and if so, is he any good?  He surely has to be better than Glenn Cockerill?  And who was that strange commentator on RH yesterday?  What has happened to JT?

Oh dear, so many questions, so little time.
I predict Marinette will be stood drooling behind the goalposts if BIG Damian gets the nod to go in goal  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
marinette
September 4, 2011, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ponnyfan
I predict Marinette will be stood drooling behind the goalposts if BIG Damian gets the nod to go in goal  

There is that.

But also, he'd cover more of the goal than any of our other players, and imagine Damian bearing down on you in a one-on-one striking situation... would you be scared?  

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
grimsby pete
September 5, 2011, 10:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I think this is Arthurs longest injury free period for years,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 5, 2011, 11:08am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I like arthur but mwkeoan is a really good keeper and only 22 I think which shows he has great potential... His got a great kick the best I've seen from a town keeper since I've supported them, also got quick hands and his a big presence and commands his area well.

My opinion but I think he is clearly one of our best buys.  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kenny Arhtur

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.