Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 4, 2011, 1:12pm
Friend of mine says kenny arthur is trying to negociate a loan move away from the club when the loan window opens, didn't say where he got his info from though. anyone else heard anything about this?
UTM
Posted by: wigworld, September 4, 2011, 1:20pm; Reply: 1
I wouldn't blame him. He's a reasonable keeper who's not getting any games.
Posted by: ponnyfan, September 4, 2011, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
Fair play - I don't think he would enjoy keeping the bench warm, and from what I have seen he has a more than capable replacement.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 4, 2011, 1:27pm; Reply: 3
Makes sense, as long as we have a recall clause (are rules different for keepers within the first 28 days?)
Posted by: Fishfinger, September 4, 2011, 1:29pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from wigworld
I wouldn't blame him. He's a reasonable keeper who's not getting any games.

WHS
Posted by: RoboCod, September 4, 2011, 1:39pm; Reply: 5
Would we loan him to Lincoln ? Their keeper's rubbish.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 4, 2011, 1:41pm; Reply: 6
We shouldn't loan him to anyone in this league.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 4, 2011, 1:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
We shouldn't loan him to anyone in this league.

Agreed. But John Fenty does like helping out the Imps, remember the advice on staying in League 2 last season ?
Posted by: Abdul19, September 4, 2011, 1:53pm; Reply: 8
;D
Posted by: Alfie, September 4, 2011, 1:54pm; Reply: 9
I like Kenny as a 'keeper but his injury record has got the better of him unfortunately.
McKeown to me looks better distributing the ball, is younger and has a better injury record.

Wouldn't begrudge him a move to get some games.
Posted by: petethemariner, September 4, 2011, 2:03pm; Reply: 10
He needs games and with our apparently non existant reserves fixtures he isn't getting them, would make
sense to loan him out, particularly as S & H aren't putting him on the bench, as others have posted though
we would need immediate re-call should anything happen to Macca, or he loses form.
Posted by: Super Clive, September 4, 2011, 2:08pm; Reply: 11
Wasn't the whole Idea of bringing macca in was to have competition in Goal? Like leat year when Kennys form dipped well below par, it seems Macca has got the nod first but he needs to be kept on his toes Everyday In training and on a matchday?

Kenny will get his chance, he's an experienced pro , he knows the score, Don't loan him out, because you can put money on Macca getting injured if he does.
Posted by: marinette, September 4, 2011, 2:16pm; Reply: 12
Not been to many games this season, but do we not have a reserve keeper on the bench these days?  If anything happened to our keeper during a game (quite likely given the nature of the league) who would go in goal?  (Damian Spencer please!)  

Veering away from the main point, did I read somewhere that Kenny has been doing match commentaries, and if so, is he any good?  He surely has to be better than Glenn Cockerill?  And who was that strange commentator on RH yesterday?  What has happened to JT?

Oh dear, so many questions, so little time.
Posted by: mariner91, September 4, 2011, 2:16pm; Reply: 13
Would probably be good for him and so long as we could recall him it wouldn't harm us.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 4, 2011, 2:55pm; Reply: 14
Well what if he was to go out on loan and he got injured?

Having said that a keeper of his quality should be a first choice at that level.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 4, 2011, 3:03pm; Reply: 15
Kenny Arthur is my favourite player in the Grimsby Town squad

-Chris, aged 23 & 1/2
Posted by: ponnyfan, September 4, 2011, 4:45pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from marinette
Not been to many games this season, but do we not have a reserve keeper on the bench these days?  If anything happened to our keeper during a game (quite likely given the nature of the league) who would go in goal?  (Damian Spencer please!)  

Veering away from the main point, did I read somewhere that Kenny has been doing match commentaries, and if so, is he any good?  He surely has to be better than Glenn Cockerill?  And who was that strange commentator on RH yesterday?  What has happened to JT?

I predict Marinette will be stood drooling behind the goalposts if BIG Damian gets the nod to go in goal  ;)

Posted by: marinette, September 4, 2011, 7:10pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ponnyfan
I predict Marinette will be stood drooling behind the goalposts if BIG Damian gets the nod to go in goal  ;)

:)  There is that.

But also, he'd cover more of the goal than any of our other players, and imagine Damian bearing down on you in a one-on-one striking situation... would you be scared?  
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 5, 2011, 10:24am; Reply: 18
I think this is Arthurs longest injury free period for years, ;)
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 5, 2011, 11:08am; Reply: 19
I like arthur but mwkeoan is a really good keeper and only 22 I think which shows he has great potential... His got a great kick the best I've seen from a town keeper since I've supported them, also got quick hands and his a big presence and commands his area well.

My opinion but I think he is clearly one of our best buys.  
Posted by: carrot top, September 5, 2011, 11:18am; Reply: 20
Quoted from marinette

:)  There is that.

But also, he'd cover more of the goal than any of our other players, and imagine Damian bearing down on you in a one-on-one striking situation... would you be scared?  

Are you fantasising there Marinette?
Posted by: Dan, September 5, 2011, 11:38am; Reply: 21
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
I like arthur but mwkeoan is a really good keeper and only 22 I think which shows he has great potential... His got a great kick the best I've seen from a town keeper since I've supported them, also got quick hands and his a big presence and commands his area well.

He also let in 5 against Braintree.
Posted by: oldun, September 5, 2011, 12:07pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from marinette

Yes Kenny has been doing the summarising at a couple of games recently. He is quite eloquent with his Scottsh accent and makes some good points but rarely criticised his colleagues which is understandable. At least he can put sentences together. He also has his own business apparently, something to do with design and manufacture of goalie gloves. With regard to the Forest Green match commentator, I thought it was wierd, he seemed out of breath all the time, I expected him to keal over any minute. Lucky there was not too much excitement otherwise he would never have coped. Also he kept referring to Liam Heard all through the first half and regularly got the team mixed up.

Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 5, 2011, 12:11pm; Reply: 23
Yes he did but 1 if that was his fault.
Posted by: pseudonym, September 5, 2011, 6:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

Have you got mwkeoan on the back of your shirt or is it dingle you dyslexic because you missed a 'c' out and put in an 'a' ;D

Posted by: ponnyfan, September 5, 2011, 11:24pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from pseudonym
Have you got mwkeoan on the back of your shirt or is it dingle you dyslexic because you missed a 'c' out and put in an 'a' ;D

Picky twit  :P

Posted by: Tommy, September 5, 2011, 11:34pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from oldun

He also has his own business apparently, something to do with design and manufacture of goalie gloves.

http://www.kagoalkeeping.co.uk/
Posted by: STB, September 5, 2011, 11:34pm; Reply: 27
Kenny Arthur owns a glove manufacturing plant. Why doesn't he make himself some massive gloves to block the whole of the goal?
There are no FA rules on glove size.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 5, 2011, 11:38pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ponnyfan
Picky twit  :P

less of the picky ;)
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 12:51pm