4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
marinette
September 4, 2011, 7:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Why was Serge substituted?  Any ideas?  Was it tactical?

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
BIGChris
September 4, 2011, 7:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from marinette
Why was Serge substituted?  Any ideas?  Was it tactical?

I'd suggest it was because he had done very little in the 2nd half and Elding came on and Hearn switched to left midfield. Then Hearn went off for Eagle
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
marinette
September 4, 2011, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BIGChris

I'd suggest it was because he had done very little in the 2nd half and Elding came on and Hearn switched to left midfield. Then Hearn went off for Eagle

Oh, I see.  Liam Hearn in left midfield.  That's different.  Been away for a while so need to get used to things again.

(P.S.  Why are you in blue now Big C?  Have you become one of the muscle men on here?)

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
barralad
September 4, 2011, 9:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from aldi_01
But why isn't Spencer anywhere near true fitness. Surely he should be putting in double the effort then to get fit, he's had long enough now...I'd personally play Duffy over him if I'm honest.

Me too...although he had his worst game this season in a Town shirt yesterday.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
EY Mariner
September 4, 2011, 10:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Yesterday was very reminiscent of the Newport game for me in that it was a battling performance. The pleasing aspect was that we did show more attacking threat than at Newport, which tells me we are gradually moving in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
oldun
September 4, 2011, 10:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Going on FGR highlights game looked pretty scrappy but Town defence seemed well organised. Green seemed to slot in ok. Keeping a settled back 4 will help in games to come. We can build from there. S&H have not yet worked out how to get the best striker combination hence the constant changes, They all seem capable of missing chances at present whoever is up front. Hopefully this part of the game will come good in due course. Also not enough goal efforts from mid-field. This is not a moan as I am sure S & H are well aware and will work on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 12:55am
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
S&H have not yet worked out how to get the best striker combination hence the constant changes

Not sure that's necessarily true - Spencer needed game time and what better way to give it than when you're set up to keep things tight away from home ?
If Duffy doesn't start on Saturday I'll be very suprised.
Reply: 36 - 37
forza ivano
September 5, 2011, 11:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
agree with most of the stuff on here. thought green was excellent - quite macca like in size and style of play. was v disappointed with spencer although he got no help from the ref and was constantly marked by 2 players. we didn't use to that to our advantage tho - if he's marked by 2 that means someone else is not being marked and didn't think we varied the attacks much.
mckeown's kicking ain't that much better than arthurs imho.
wood was ok but he looks very susceptible to the long diagonal ball - got caught out a number of times particularly 2nd half when they seemed to realise this was a possible weak link.
thought pearson improved as the game wore on after a very shaky start.kempson was excellent against that nasty piece of work styche ,who tries every trick in the book to provoke the defender
felt so sorry for hearn - did not stop running but doubt he touched the ball more than a dozen times and there was no sign of any understanding with spencer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.