4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
September 3, 2011, 10:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Had a cracking night out in Gloucester ( can recommend the New Inn ) and found the whole setup at FGR very good and welcoming if not a little surreal being where it's located. To be honest lads it's been one of the first times for a long while where mates and I haven't said it's a weekend away spoiled by the footy. Definate improvement and more fight in my opinion. Excellent turnout from Town fans and hats off to those at the back leading the chants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
Madeleymariner
September 3, 2011, 10:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,058
Gold Stars: 50
Thought we played well in patches and I would play Green ahead of Ridley on that display, it was great to have a bit of pace at left back.
Wood m o m for me.
Also mention for their keeper who had a bit of banter after the chants of its all your fault and acknowledged our fans at the end.
Excellent day out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
RichMariner
September 3, 2011, 11:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I've just listened to the two manager interviews on the BBC website and it's funny - Hockaday reckons his keeper didn't do anything other than pick the ball out of his net and Hurst says McKeown only had to make one save. By the sounds of it I think Hockaday is trying to make a case that his team deserved to win based on the fact that his keeper had nothing to do and our only ambition was to stop his side from playing.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
sonofmadeleymariner
September 3, 2011, 11:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 37
Thought we dominated the first half with the odd squeaky bum moment, though we didn't really create much i liked spencer at the start he challenged in the air often marked by two players but looked knackered before half time, Midfield and defence bossed them around a bit and Green looked like he had been with the squad all summer and looked alot better then Ridley if i'm honest whos had a urine poor start to the season compared to the high he ended on last season.

Second half we let them back into the game midfield let them pass the ball around more and they had a lot more chances not that they really threatend to score. Elding looked a hell of a lot more monile when he came on chasing everything down that he possiby could, thought Duffy was poor apart from a few moments of passing and movement with Elding at the end of the half. Didn't really run around to much and didn't challenge in the air at all though to be fair he was also being marked by two players everytime the ball went his way.

Thought we only seemed to have two attacking plans again, hoof it up to Spencer/Duffy every single time we attacked who were beaten nearly every single time (not entirely their fault i will admitt), or give it Serge to run downt he wing and put in a urine poor cross, Coulson needed to get more of the ball as he had loads of room at times down the right.

Our goal was scrappy but still well taken considering it all looked lost for a split moment till Serge stole the ball away from the keeper. Thought we had the better set of chances as the back four didn't really give FGR much option and Macca collected pretty much everything rather simply.

McKeown 7 never really had much to do and did well with what came at him
Green 7 looked like he had been with the squad since start of the summer after the first 10 minutes
Wood 8 did what he does best
Kemps 8 cleared the ball well bossed their strikers about well, wish he'd stop waiting for the ball to bounce when it comes near him beofre he heads it though
Pearson 8 same as Kempson cleared the ball well controlled their strikers
Coulson 7 should of gotten more of the ball linked up well with Wood and was good going forward and defending scrappy finish for a scrappy goal but good none the same
Makofo 7 Ran ran ran ran ran, not much end product like normal apart froma  few decent crosses and of course setting up Coulson, like coulson looked good attacking and defending
Artus 8 ran all day looked strong in the tackle and always seemd to trya dn play his way out rather then just hoofing it, good passer of the ball and threw in some good corners which we should of done better from
Disley 9 all over for the midfield like Artus, my man of the match personally.
Hearn 7 moved into space didn't have much hope with the hoof balls unless they dropped just behind the defence like they did on a couple of occasion. Just needs to find that first goal, and throw himself into it a bit more he's a strong lad but plays like a bit of a pansy at times being muscled off the ball to easy
Spencer 6 was market out fo the game some times however showed some moments of promise, didn't look match fit and should of done better when connecting on the end of Artus's crosses.

Eagle 6 not really on long enough but when he was looked his normal self running downt eh wing and connected up well with green and Elding
Duffy 7 like Spencer marked out the game a little didn't challenge at all for the header, but ran around and found space a few time, linked up well with Elding at the end
Elding 7 though not really on long enough to make a major impact, his movement and link up play was good chased every ball down and looked more of a threat in the air and on the ground then Duffy and Spencer

Best game i've been to in a while thanks to the attmosphere as well as the performance. Loving the meat and veg chants and especially the "If you don't flipping like it don't come" chant see that being heard for a while with shouty and shorty still in charge. Final note well done to their Keeper in the second half going along witht the banter and joining in, in a friendly mannor and not taking it to seriously.

Nice to see GrimRob run past while i waited at the bus stop, can't believe he ran that, it was even nicer when we drove [ast him on the bus on the way back to stroud  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
Colonel Fishpaste
September 3, 2011, 11:16pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Great away win, UTM's!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
Marinerz93
September 3, 2011, 11:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'm quite jealous fellow Mariners, sounds like the sort of games we used to enjoy.  The work load I've got on at the moment should be coming to an end in a few weeks, hopefully.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
Les Brechin
September 3, 2011, 11:27pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Really enjoyed my first away game today. The whole FGR experience is superb (as it was last season), probably the friendliest of all clubs in the BSP. I can't see a similar atmosphere at our next away game. Even the quorn thai curry and rice was quite nice too. Thought we just about shaded it to be honest, I wouldn't say we played over well as we offered very little up front today but we defended superbly and kept one of the most sought after BSP strikers quiet all game. New lad Green looked ok after a slow start and as Big Chris said grew better as the game wore on. On today's display, and I can't really believe I'm saying this after last season but I'd rather have Duffy up front instead of Spencer who offered very little today.

A cracking atmosphere today with great vocal backing at times and I actually thought there were more Town fans that last season's 231.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 3, 2011, 11:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Great win imo.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
Madeleymariner
September 3, 2011, 11:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,058
Gold Stars: 50
Think Spencer could be good but hes not going to be anywhere near match sharp yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
80sglory
September 4, 2011, 1:44am
Guest User
Quoted from Les Brechin
A cracking atmosphere today with great vocal backing at times

Just watched the highlights you did us all proud,
Thanks to everyone for all the reports too.
Got to love FGR haven't you ? Great area, great highlights, black and white stripes great club.
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.