This thread currently has 4,726 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
September 4, 2011, 9:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Perhaps Scotty can have a relaxing week-end and his missus will stay in. You never know he might get his oats. Scott's porridge oats of course! Perhaps we should just refer to any future rants as a portion of Scott's porridge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 9:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But why isn't Spencer anywhere near true fitness. Surely he should be putting in double the effort then to get fit, he's had long enough now...I'd personally play Duffy over him if I'm honest.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
Marinerz93
September 4, 2011, 9:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from oldun
Perhaps Scotty can have a relaxing week-end and his missus will stay in. You never know he might get his oats. Scott's porridge oats of course! Perhaps we should just refer to any future rants as a portion of Scott's porridge.

Porridge can be construed as something else, especially in the manner you've put it  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Madeleymariner
September 4, 2011, 9:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from aldi_01
But why isn't Spencer anywhere near true fitness. Surely he should be putting in double the effort then to get fit, he's had long enough now...I'd personally play Duffy over him if I'm honest.

You cant get really sharp without playing a few games, which has not been possible for him yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 9:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
True but he can get fit enough to last 90minutes without actually playing surely, matches just get you match sharp...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
BIGChris
September 4, 2011, 9:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Sweeping statement perhaps but what i have seen of Spencer I'd say he will never get to fitness. That is IF fitness is hs problem. I think he is just a big lad who is very limited.

There. That should ensure he gets a double hat trick next Saturday!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
diehardmariner
September 4, 2011, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from aldi_01
True but he can get fit enough to last 90minutes without actually playing surely, matches just get you match sharp...

Last games, yes.  But not at the intensity of someone with 3 or 4 games behind them.  
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
dapperz fun pub
September 4, 2011, 10:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from BIGChris
Sweeping statement perhaps but what i have seen of Spencer I'd say he will never get to fitness. That is IF fitness is hs problem. I think he is just a big lad who is very limited.

There. That should ensure he gets a double hat trick next Saturday!

my thoughts on spencer aswell, how did the left back do? edit  forget that i just read earlier what you posted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
marinernige
September 4, 2011, 4:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Finely just got back! enjoyed the weekend,watched England in the Green Man on Friday night,wondered down to the ground sat lunch(1 1/2 miles),solid performancr from Town,Pearsons best game,Town fans spot on,great support for Scotty. FGR very friendly, like to thank the gateman for stopping and giving us a lift back to our campsite,had a nice meal in the Rose and Crown in Nympsfield,(run by someone originally from cleethorpes)drunk it down this morning,but still a good weekend.Tent packed away now until Telford away in April,hoping for more Town campers! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
AndyGTFC
September 4, 2011, 7:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
I got back not long ago. Obviously was very chuffed with the three points. It wasn't a great game to be honest, there were very few chances and I don't think either keeper had a top save to make. We played better against Darlington going forward but we were very organised in defence and that can make a huge difference if you can just nick a goal, which we did.

Great work from Makofo for the goal, shows what can happen when you put pressure on the goalkeeper and Coulson tucked it away nicely. We were probably the better side in the first half without looking that threatening. Second half, Forest Green dominated possession in the second half and while you're never comfortable when the opposition have so much of the ball, they never really looked like scoring.

Well done Town.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.