Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ever met anyone famous?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 77 Guests

Ever met anyone famous?

This thread currently has 12,268 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
livosnose
August 29, 2011, 3:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
yeh she was weird

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 140
Japers
August 29, 2011, 7:08pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
i used to be a manager on M11 services at Stansted and met lots
Blur  pleasant but smelly
spice girls really nice
cast of the bill good laugh
joe mangle nice guy
martin adams Darts player top bloke
most of arsenal team from Adams era
Bruno and Gary Mason
best of all meat loaf really funny

biggest twit Jim 'do you not know who i am" davidson

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 140
ginnywings
August 29, 2011, 7:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Had some bizarre meetings with well known people.

Bumped into Lofty from Eastenders while looking round St Davids Cathedral.Also while on holiday in Wales,the entire West Indian cricket squad came into a nightclub i was in.Possibly the tallest and most muscular bunch of people i have ever seen.Like 20 Damian Spencers and boy,did they know how to enjoy themselves.Women were flocking around them,much to the annoyance of the local chaps,who daren't say owt to them.

Leonard Parkin in Pickering.Some Calender newsman in a bookshop in York.The Asian shopkeeper from Corrie in a bar in Liverpool and the same night at a gig in the Echo Arena,Tim Cahill,the Everton player.Surprised how small he was considering he is so good in the air.

Once bought Capt Sensible a pint in the Winter Gardens after he asked me to buy him one as he was skint.Also bought Lee Brilleaux,the frontman with DR Feelgood a pint in Willy's Wine Bar before a gig at the Winter Gardens.He never asked,i just offered because he was ace in his day.

Also saw Chris Squire getting in a car after a Yes gig i went to in Manchester.My mate asked for his autograph but no-one seemed to have a pen.Another of my mates said to him "fook me,all the money you've got and you aint got a pen".He gave us a black look and told us to fook off before getting in the limo.

Best one was when i was in a pub in York and got talking to an actor i recognised but whose name now escapes me.The type of actor who isn't that well known but who will be in plays on BBC 2.

We both got trollied on Burton Bridge Ale and he was great company,with some great stories.Gave me his address and phone number and said i could visit him anytime i was in London,where he lived.Never did take him up on it.

Few others skirmishes and sightings but not worth mentioning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 140
aaron rattray
August 29, 2011, 8:44pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Super Clive

Is he orange? or was he born in Philadelphia  

no hes from newcastle when he said his sirname i thought no surely not then i asked his parents and his dad said cheeseman however ive done some research and cheeseman is quuite a common name around the newcastle area

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 140
August 29, 2011, 8:53pm
Guest User
I met and had a few beers with Ruud Van Nistelrooy in Maastrict about 12 years ago. I also got him to sign for Town on a beer mat (but he insisted only when he was 35 which was last May 1st), he knew all about Grimsby. He approached me and my mate (thecurlymariner on here) as he wanted to practice his English as he prepared to move to Man Utd.

I asked him if he was as good as people said. He said he could do with improving his heading so I invited him to my house the following day so we could go through a few moves. Sadly, he turned the opportunity down!

This is true by the way!
Reply: 64 - 140
voice of reason
August 29, 2011, 9:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 75
I met and had a few beers with Ruud Van Nistelrooy in Maastrict about 12 years ago. I also got him to sign for Town on a beer mat (but he insisted only when he was 35 which was last May 1st), he knew all about Grimsby. He approached me and my mate (thecurlymariner on here) as he wanted to practice his English as he prepared to move to Man Utd.

I asked him if he was as good as people said. He said he could do with improving his heading so I invited him to my house the following day so we could go through a few moves. Sadly, he turned the opportunity down!

This is true by the way!

Ha, good story vicar, I like it... Least Hatch had the decency to ring Woodsy and ask for his contract to be made nul and void, I take it Van man didn't give you a courtesy call...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 140
August 29, 2011, 9:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from voice of reason

Ha, good story vicar, I like it... Least Hatch had the decency to ring Woodsy and ask for his contract to be made nul and void, I take it Van man didn't give you a courtesy call...???

Seeing as we were a championship club at the time, I doubt Ruud will be contacting me in the near future.
Reply: 66 - 140
BiloLCFC
August 29, 2011, 9:27pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Jimmy Carr - Embassy Centre,, Skegness
Nick Clegg - DMU Campus, Leicester
Peter Kay - Some services on the way to Swindon away a few years back
Shappi Khorsandi - Little Theatre, Leicester                      
Sven-Goran Eriksson - Couple of times on the road with Leicester
Muzzy Izzet - Voluntary work with kids at uni

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 140
Marinerz93
August 29, 2011, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from aaron rattray

no hes from newcastle when he said his sirname i thought no surely not then i asked his parents and his dad said cheeseman however ive done some research and cheeseman is quuite a common name around the newcastle area

Is he your 'friend' thumbs up, football friend  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 140
mariner91
August 29, 2011, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 75

This is true by the way!

My favourite story on this thread along with Ginnywings meeting captain sensible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ever met anyone famous?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.