Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 4:38pm
I haven't met any A list people but I remember Ray Clemence doing an autograph signing session at Ramsdens about 30 years ago and being a bit full of himself, oddly enough, speaking of goalies, I once spoke to Allen McKnight and he was great, really approachable and easy going. Hugh Cornwell, I met after a concert, nice guy, quirky sense of humour, Charlie Harper always has time for people, likes his pop and doesn't take himself too seriously, Cerys Matthews is quite chatty and  modest. Graham Taylor is a nice guy. Politicians aren't usually very friendly, Mitchell talks down to people and looks at you like you are a piece of S hit on his shoes, I've only ever met one rude 'celebrity', it's a so called actress and model who was in 'Byker Grove' totally full of herself, I won't name her as I don't want to give the stuck up nonenity any more publicity.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 28, 2011, 4:53pm; Reply: 1
I met Ed Miliband at Kings Cross about a year ago.

But no, never met anyone famous or important
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 5:05pm; Reply: 2
How could I forget? Michael Clegg of Cleggs people fame, saw him walking down Pasture Street in the early 80's, he was awesome, got talking about norris the rubberman and outdoor clothes, local issues, craske and smith, the number of train stations in Grimsby and other arcane stuff and he was a bloody natural, recognised him off the telly and he was even more avancular in real life, a lovely guy, wonder what he's doing now.
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 28, 2011, 5:16pm; Reply: 3
ryan sidebottom and monty panesar and the the grumbleweeds and the real chucklebrothers
Posted by: MarinerMarsh, August 28, 2011, 5:20pm; Reply: 4
ive met Gareth Barry and Andy Gray before. ;)
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 28, 2011, 5:24pm; Reply: 5
Justin Whittle came to visit me in hospital and I had a long chat with Michael Reddy in Cleethorpes after the Wycombe game a few years ago.
I have also met Tony Knowles (wannabe playboy snooker player) and reffed a game for Joe Johnson (former world champion).
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 5:28pm; Reply: 6
I wouldn't say I've met him but Mike Hallett used to go to Heneage Road launderette and pop his white shirts in, he always left a decent tip and was completely down to earth, he used to pop into the off licence for his wine and was completely natural, I saw Dean Reynolds in the trawl one night and he looked like a bag o s hite.
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 5:33pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ponnyfan
Justin Whittle came to visit me in hospital and I had a long chat with Michael Reddy in Cleethorpes after the Wycombe game a few years ago.
I have also met Tony Knowles (wannabe playboy snooker player) and reffed a game for Joe Johnson (former world champion).

Justin Whittle comes across as a nice guy, Bobby Cumming liked his pop years ago and he was spot on, I have bumped into Michael Reddy a few times, nice enough guy, polite but the friendliest ex town player has to be Batchy, I remember him going for his fags before card games with Kevin Kilmore, totally genuine guy.
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 28, 2011, 5:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Polish Bloke
I wouldn't say I've met him but Mike Hallett used to go to Heneage Road launderette and pop his white shirts in, he always left a decent tip and was completely down to earth, he used to pop into the off licence for his wine and was completely natural, I saw Dean Reynolds in the trawl one night and he looked like a bag o s hite.

so you saw his pubes then?

Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 5:44pm; Reply: 9
No. I am sure there must be a gay liberal Alan Birchenall/Tony Currie site for nonces like you though.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 28, 2011, 5:47pm; Reply: 10
Joe Mangle from Neighbours
Some of girls aloud
Cannon and Ball
Biff Byford of Saxon
Big Daddy
Michael Barrymore
Various cast members of Hollyoaks who I was told were famous.

All the greats.
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 5:56pm; Reply: 11
I met Bobby Ball briefly at the Ice house and he reeked of booze, Saxon are quite down to earth but talking to Michael Clegg was an education in respect, a very nice man, a Z lister who could teach a few A listers a few lessons.
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, August 28, 2011, 6:08pm; Reply: 12
Little and Large were a good laugh. Took the urine out of me for supporting Town but still okay. Linda Lusardi, Bradley Walsh (football mad, big Arsenal fan), Ian Wright, David James, Sol Campbell (miserable sod). Marc Lawrenson (I think I drunk him off when I asked him if he'd just finished work because he was wearing the same shirt he often wears on MOTD). Lisa Snowden (wow!), Gaz and Danny out of Supergrass, Batchy (great bloke), Paul Wilkinson (I was at his first wedding), Charlie (really nice bloke), little Mo (very shy) and Max Branning, all from Eastenders and Rod Hull who was an absolute twit.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 28, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 13
I met suggs out of madness in a pub in covent garden early 90s,also met frank bruno.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 28, 2011, 6:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
Rod Hull who was an absolute twit.

My mate met Rod Hull once and said exactly the same.

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2011, 6:50pm; Reply: 15
I met George Burley and the actor Ian Reddington (who played Tricky Dicky in Eastenders and Vernon in Corrie) when I went to a Brain Tumour UK lobby at The Houses of Parliament last year.

Also Neil Ruddock at a Sportsmans Evening last year too.
Posted by: TimMickleburgh, August 28, 2011, 6:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Polish Bloke
No. I am sure there must be a gay liberal Alan Birchenall/Tony Currie site for nonces like you though.

I was at that game between Sheff Utd and Leicester City in the mid seventies when the two players both challenging for a ball ended up sitting upright in the penalty area,turned to each other,puckered up and kissed.It made all the back pages the next day.Sadly Michael Clegg died in 1995.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 28, 2011, 7:06pm; Reply: 17
I saw Tim Mickleburgh in the library once and also through the window of a bus which was on it's way to the pier  ;)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 28, 2011, 7:09pm; Reply: 18
tony mowbray lol
Posted by: Teesknees, August 28, 2011, 7:09pm; Reply: 19
Met some bloke called Prince Charles once and The Duke of Gloucester twice and George Best when he played in a testimonial match at The Old Show Ground years ago!
An maybe the best of all was the Chuckle Brothers... not the present town managers!
Posted by: TimMickleburgh, August 28, 2011, 7:18pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ponnyfan
I saw Tim Mickleburgh in the library once and also through the window of a bus which was on it's way to the pier  ;)

You should have spoken old chum,I'm just a normal chap .
Posted by: Super Clive, August 28, 2011, 8:22pm; Reply: 21
I once met Neil Woods last year, Ironically he was celebrating a win.

Also Met Roy Chubby Brown a few years back the fat intercourse.
Posted by: PPMariner, August 28, 2011, 8:28pm; Reply: 22
I once shook Tony Blair's forearm
Sir Garfield Sobers
Tracey Shaw accidentally rubbed her behind (and left it leaning) against my hand whilst I was working in a bar in Manchester. Needless to say, I remained where I was 'til she moved
Muttiah Muralitharan
Richard Smith - classy 90's centre back signed from Leicester
Willie Thorne
Chris Evans
David Mitchell
Some poker players whom I would consider famous, but lots probably wouldn't
Christopher Ecclestone
Damian Lewis
Julia Bradbury
Dawn French - two thirds as wide as she is t(sm)all

Basically said about 100words combined to all of the above so probably the only ones I should include are James Anderson, Rory Stewart and Howard Marks - all very genuine and decent guys - in exceptionally different ways...!

Friends with Jack Straw's daughter so I've met him. She is lovely and he's ok.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, August 28, 2011, 9:36pm; Reply: 23
I work with & are a friend of Gordon Bank's Son - so I've met him. Such a lovely down to earth bloke. Went to GB's house one evening after work for a brew & ended up staying to watch a European match on tv with him.
Posted by: kingofthekippers, August 28, 2011, 10:03pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Polish Bloke
How could I forget? Michael Clegg of Cleggs people fame, saw him walking down Pasture Street in the early 80's, he was awesome, got talking about norris the rubberman and outdoor clothes, local issues, craske and smith, the number of train stations in Grimsby and other arcane stuff and he was a bloody natural, recognised him off the telly and he was even more avancular in real life, a lovely guy, wonder what he's doing now.

I'm afraid he'd dead mate. Passed away in 1995, I think it was the big C.

[url]http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/around-yorkshire/local-stories/yorkshire_naturalist_remembered_in_creation_of_new_haven_for_wildlife_1_2551645[/url]
Posted by: kingofthekippers, August 28, 2011, 10:07pm; Reply: 25
I once stood next to Christopher Ecclestone in the Sportspages book shop in Manchester. This was before Doctor Who and just after he'd been in Cracker. Sadly I never realised and only found out when my mate pointed it out to me as he walked away.

I was also stood behind Duncan Preston (Emmerdale, Acorn Antiques) in a queue at the booking hall at Kings Cross. I also shared lectures with Stacy Coldicott whilst we were doing our degrees.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 28, 2011, 10:51pm; Reply: 26
Took Kevin Webster's bags when I worked in a hotel.

I win.
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 28, 2011, 10:53pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I'm afraid he'd dead mate. Passed away in 1995, I think it was the big C.

[url]http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/around-yorkshire/local-stories/yorkshire_naturalist_remembered_in_creation_of_new_haven_for_wildlife_1_2551645[/url]

Yeah, I just googled him and found out, shame as he was a really nice guy and a genuine character.
Posted by: mariner91, August 29, 2011, 8:22am; Reply: 28
I had a chat with Prince William once.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 29, 2011, 8:57am; Reply: 29
Met Liam Gallagher the other week. Top bloke and was genuinely interested in what i had to say.

Met a few footballers too. Met Clive mendonca who I regard as a hero and not important than just a footballer...
Posted by: Simariner, August 29, 2011, 9:04am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Les Brechin
I met George Burley and the actor Ian Reddington (who played Tricky Dicky in Eastenders and Vernon in Corrie) when I went to a Brain Tumour UK lobby at The Houses of Parliament last year.

Also Neil Ruddock at a Sportsmans Evening last year too.

How can you not forget the guy from Harry Potter that we met.
(one of the ginger ones).  ;)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 29, 2011, 9:32am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Super Clive
I once met Neil Woods last year, Ironically he was celebrating a win.

Also Met Roy Chubby Brown a few years back the fat intercourse.

I met roy chubby brown in cafe nero in town of all places,he was having a coffee with his misses,he was behind me in the queue,there was people asking for his autograph,also if you go in cafe nero alan buckley is a regular visitor in there too.
Posted by: bigdavemariner, August 29, 2011, 9:57am; Reply: 32
My Dad bumped into Piers Brosnan in leicester square. He literally turned round, bumped into him and stood on his foot :) thats a proper celeb, but my Dad had no idea who he was lol
I've met Tim Lovejoy, Tony Adams, Some bird that used to be in Eastenders
Was sat on the train a few seats away from some fella that used to play Alfies brother in Eastenders
loads of snooker players - Johns Higgis, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Jimmy White, Steve Davies, Mark Williams, ken Doherty
Usual GTFC footballers over the yrs but they are by no means celebs
Posted by: Dan_Barker, August 29, 2011, 9:57am; Reply: 33
Eric Cantona
Dennis Taylor (he opened the sweater shop in town)
Warrior from Gladiators
Frank Bruno
Craig Charles
Paddy Crerand
Alex Stepney
Bret 'Hitman' Hart
several Town players, (i was in the telegraph with Kalala)
Posted by: codhead91, August 29, 2011, 10:12am; Reply: 34
Played golf with Dennis Taylor and Mike England last year.
Met Jamie Carragher in the Liverpool One car park.
Met Kevin Keegan in the tunnel at Blundell Park when he was manager of Fulham.
Met Damian Lewis in London a few years back too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 29, 2011, 10:40am; Reply: 35
I met Fatima Whitbread when she opened a sports shop in Bury St Edmunds,

She was not as big as I thought she was, also had a beautiful smile. :)

Also served a famous film star when I worked in a pub near Elstree studios,

But

I can not remember his name now, he was a baddy in Dr  No.
Posted by: MarinerGeorge10, August 29, 2011, 10:53am; Reply: 36
I met Raul when he was at Real Madrid at a restaurant in Spain.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 29, 2011, 11:23am; Reply: 37
Jimmy Saville. Sinister.
Posted by: davmariner, August 29, 2011, 11:39am; Reply: 38
Met Jimmy Bullard when he first signed for the tarrghers.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 29, 2011, 11:58am; Reply: 39
I was sat a few seats behind David Icke on the train back from Grimsby a few years ago, he got on at Doncaster or Sheffield for Manchester.

When I saw the Flaming Lips recently my Mrs noticed some fella and went to me, "He looks a bit homeless doesn't he." At first glance it was a rather disheveled fella wearing quite a few layers despite it being the height of summer and holding a plastic bag full of stuff, it was Badly Drawn Boy. Also saw Bonehead ex of Oasis and Cane Dingle at the same show.
Posted by: carrot top, August 29, 2011, 12:00pm; Reply: 40
Met Tim Lovejoy at the FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Southampton, Millenium Stadium. He took the urine out of me for being a 'Fishy Person'. Nice bloke though. Also met John Fashanu there who is a good bloke aswell
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 12:15pm; Reply: 41
also i met a 9 year old boy on my hols and he is gaurenteed to be the alan sherer also i got his mobile number and his autograph also i met jimmie saville in my hols aswell
Posted by: petethemariner, August 29, 2011, 12:50pm; Reply: 42
I was waiting at the food outlet in Luton Airport back in the late seventies waiting to fly to Rome to
see England play Italy in a WC qualifier, i  realised i wasn't getting served  very quickly and a voice of someone stood behind me said ' i think we are at the wrong end'  i turned  round and it was Peter Cook the comedian, think that was the last time i saw him sober on the whole trip!
After the game, which we lost 2-0 the trip included a 5 course meal at a Rome restaurant and Peter Cook, completely legless by then, stood up, tapped on his glass and said 'I'd like to propose a toast to Italy' and just as everyone was about to stand he  said ' but i'm not going to so F@ck off' and sat down again!
Posted by: Super Clive, August 29, 2011, 12:56pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from aaron rattray
also i met a 9 year old boy on my hols and he is gaurenteed to be the alan sherer also i got his mobile number and his autograph also i met jimmie saville in my hols aswell

What?  ;D
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, August 29, 2011, 12:59pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

My mate met Rod Hull once and said exactly the same.

My brother, who was probably seven or eight at the time, asked him politely for his autograph when he'd finished a gig on Meggies pier. Rod just turned 'round to my brother and said 'no, f*#k off I'm going home!' It's quite funny when I think back to it but no way to talk to an eight year old kid.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, August 29, 2011, 1:18pm; Reply: 45
I've met: Ashley cole, jonny wilkinson, john inverdale, peter Levy and lisa the weathergirl.
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 1:31pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Super Clive

What?  ;D

a lad checked in with his parents and hes 9 and i got talking to him and ge said he plays for newcastle and hes scored 29 goals in 14 games and i was talking with him for 2 hours at first i dudntbelieve him until i asked his mum and dad and there is a park where i stayed so i took him there and hes ace infact he has just texted me remember the name JACK CHEESEMAN
Posted by: Dan_Barker, August 29, 2011, 1:37pm; Reply: 47

a lad checked in with his parents and hes 9 and i got talking to him and ge said he plays for newcastle and hes scored 29 goals in 14 games and i was talking with him for 2 hours at first i dudntbelieve him until i asked his mum and dad and there is a park where i stayed so i took him there and hes ace infact he has just texted me remember the name JACK CHEESEMAN

there is something a bit wrong with boasting about collecting 9 year olds phone numbers
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 1:48pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Dan_Barker

there is something a bit wrong with boasting about collecting 9 year olds phone numbers

im not boasting but in 15 years time i can say that i am friends with an england player
Posted by: upthestripes, August 29, 2011, 1:50pm; Reply: 49
I've stood on the same stage as Terrence Trent Darby (sp)
What a male private he was
Posted by: upthestripes, August 29, 2011, 1:51pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Dan_Barker

lol, but Aaron is 15 so he can text him for another year before it becomes wrong ;)
Posted by: livosnose, August 29, 2011, 1:53pm; Reply: 51
I went to school with Maxine Carr.................................. :-/
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 29, 2011, 2:08pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from livosnose

I would not have told that if I was you Livvo ;)
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 2:11pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from livosnose

was she evil then?
Posted by: upthestripes, August 29, 2011, 2:16pm; Reply: 54

was she evil then?

I heard she wore a cape and tiptoed around the school.
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 2:16pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from livosnose

was she evil then?
Posted by: Dan_Barker, August 29, 2011, 2:50pm; Reply: 56

im not boasting but in 15 years time i can say that i am friends with an england player

(thumbs up) football friend
Posted by: VictorMeldrewsDad, August 29, 2011, 3:09pm; Reply: 57
I have met Arnold Schwarzenneger (?), Emma Thompson, Danny DeVito, Phil Collins, Martin Jarvis (and his wife), Jeremy Clarkson, Chris Evans, Caroline Quentin, Paul Merton, David Coultard, Michael Hessletine, Maurice Satchi, Roland (The fat kid from grange hill), Natalie from Eastenders, Peter Levy and i have sat at the Look North news desk. And a few more lower celebs. All to do with my job many years ago...those where the days.
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 3:11pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Dan_Barker

(thumbs up) football friend

yes well just remember the name JACK CHEESEMAN
Posted by: Super Clive, August 29, 2011, 3:18pm; Reply: 59

yes well just remember the name JACK CHEESEMAN

Is he orange? or was he born in Philadelphia  ;)
Posted by: livosnose, August 29, 2011, 3:39pm; Reply: 60
yeh she was weird
Posted by: Japers, August 29, 2011, 7:08pm; Reply: 61
i used to be a manager on M11 services at Stansted and met lots
Blur  pleasant but smelly
spice girls really nice
cast of the bill good laugh
joe mangle nice guy
martin adams Darts player top bloke
most of arsenal team from Adams era
Bruno and Gary Mason
best of all meat loaf really funny

biggest twit Jim 'do you not know who i am" davidson
Posted by: ginnywings, August 29, 2011, 7:21pm; Reply: 62
Had some bizarre meetings with well known people.

Bumped into Lofty from Eastenders while looking round St Davids Cathedral.Also while on holiday in Wales,the entire West Indian cricket squad came into a nightclub i was in.Possibly the tallest and most muscular bunch of people i have ever seen.Like 20 Damian Spencers and boy,did they know how to enjoy themselves.Women were flocking around them,much to the annoyance of the local chaps,who daren't say owt to them.

Leonard Parkin in Pickering.Some Calender newsman in a bookshop in York.The Asian shopkeeper from Corrie in a bar in Liverpool and the same night at a gig in the Echo Arena,Tim Cahill,the Everton player.Surprised how small he was considering he is so good in the air.

Once bought Capt Sensible a pint in the Winter Gardens after he asked me to buy him one as he was skint.Also bought Lee Brilleaux,the frontman with DR Feelgood a pint in Willy's Wine Bar before a gig at the Winter Gardens.He never asked,i just offered because he was ace in his day.

Also saw Chris Squire getting in a car after a Yes gig i went to in Manchester.My mate asked for his autograph but no-one seemed to have a pen.Another of my mates said to him "fook me,all the money you've got and you aint got a pen".He gave us a black look and told us to fook off before getting in the limo. ;D

Best one was when i was in a pub in York and got talking to an actor i recognised but whose name now escapes me.The type of actor who isn't that well known but who will be in plays on BBC 2.

We both got trollied on Burton Bridge Ale and he was great company,with some great stories.Gave me his address and phone number and said i could visit him anytime i was in London,where he lived.Never did take him up on it.

Few others skirmishes and sightings but not worth mentioning.
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 8:44pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Super Clive

Is he orange? or was he born in Philadelphia  ;)

no hes from newcastle when he said his sirname i thought no surely not then i asked his parents and his dad said cheeseman however ive done some research and cheeseman is quuite a common name around the newcastle area
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 29, 2011, 8:53pm; Reply: 64
I met and had a few beers with Ruud Van Nistelrooy in Maastrict about 12 years ago. I also got him to sign for Town on a beer mat (but he insisted only when he was 35 which was last May 1st), he knew all about Grimsby. He approached me and my mate (thecurlymariner on here) as he wanted to practice his English as he prepared to move to Man Utd.

I asked him if he was as good as people said. He said he could do with improving his heading so I invited him to my house the following day so we could go through a few moves. Sadly, he turned the opportunity down!

This is true by the way!
Posted by: voice of reason, August 29, 2011, 9:02pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from 75
I met and had a few beers with Ruud Van Nistelrooy in Maastrict about 12 years ago. I also got him to sign for Town on a beer mat (but he insisted only when he was 35 which was last May 1st), he knew all about Grimsby. He approached me and my mate (thecurlymariner on here) as he wanted to practice his English as he prepared to move to Man Utd.

I asked him if he was as good as people said. He said he could do with improving his heading so I invited him to my house the following day so we could go through a few moves. Sadly, he turned the opportunity down!

This is true by the way!

Ha, good story vicar, I like it... Least Hatch had the decency to ring Woodsy and ask for his contract to be made nul and void, I take it Van man didn't give you a courtesy call...???
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 29, 2011, 9:16pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from voice of reason

Ha, good story vicar, I like it... Least Hatch had the decency to ring Woodsy and ask for his contract to be made nul and void, I take it Van man didn't give you a courtesy call...???

Seeing as we were a championship club at the time, I doubt Ruud will be contacting me in the near future.
Posted by: BiloLCFC, August 29, 2011, 9:27pm; Reply: 67
Jimmy Carr - Embassy Centre,, Skegness
Nick Clegg - DMU Campus, Leicester
Peter Kay - Some services on the way to Swindon away a few years back
Shappi Khorsandi - Little Theatre, Leicester                      
Sven-Goran Eriksson - Couple of times on the road with Leicester
Muzzy Izzet - Voluntary work with kids at uni
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 29, 2011, 10:04pm; Reply: 68

no hes from newcastle when he said his sirname i thought no surely not then i asked his parents and his dad said cheeseman however ive done some research and cheeseman is quuite a common name around the newcastle area

Is he your 'friend' thumbs up, football friend  :)
Posted by: mariner91, August 29, 2011, 10:11pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from 75

This is true by the way!

My favourite story on this thread along with Ginnywings meeting captain sensible.
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 29, 2011, 10:29pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Marinerz93

Is he your 'friend' thumbs up, football friend  :)

yes he is my friend but my best friend and second best friend are the darsley brothers and also he is a spitting image of bradley wood apart from a few diffrences
Posted by: kingofthekippers, August 29, 2011, 10:44pm; Reply: 71
My old man once 'played golf' with Tony Jacklin, not long after he won the British Open. He lived near Elsham at the time and decided to move to the Home Counties; my dad was a removal man for Pickfords at the time and they all got an impromtu lesson in putting from Tony.
Posted by: davmariner, August 30, 2011, 12:55am; Reply: 72

yes he is my friend but my best friend and second best friend are the darsley brothers and also he is a spitting image of bradley wood apart from a few diffrences

;D How old are you Aaron?
Posted by: TownLad87, August 30, 2011, 1:59am; Reply: 73
Me and me sister was at Luton airport to fly to Newcastle for the summer holidays both eastenders fans and Robbie from eastenders was there (Dean gafney) my sister got his autograph and his p.a said to my sis give him a kiss too haha. This was when his acne was still top class ha. I always embarrass her about that.
Met Nasser Hussein and Kurtley ambrose and Shane warne at Northampton cricket ground when I lived in Northampton. Lived three streets away from the cricket ground at northampton, went round with my sister and played cricket with a tennis ball and bat in the car park a bloke came out who had his bag and bat and we thought he was going to tell us off but he didn't he said if we wanted to play on the pitch for ten mins, so we both bowled and batted to Alan lamb. Top bloke as we left he stopped us and gave a signed Alan lamb poster
Also see Lou from Byker Grove who used to adopt the kids, walking around Whitley bay  quite alot ha once sang the Byker grove theme tune behind her in greggs ha she's a good laugh
Posted by: aaron rattray, August 30, 2011, 8:40am; Reply: 74
Quoted from davmariner

;D How old are you Aaron?

15 why?
Posted by: gobby, August 30, 2011, 11:56am; Reply: 75
Met Pat Eddery on a party boat in Barbados and stayed on the lash with him for 2 days!
Had a pint in Cyprus with David Bowie.
Michael Winner is an arrogant, rude twit when I met in Turkey.
And Gail Tylsley is even uglier in real life! 8)
UTMM
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 30, 2011, 2:41pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from gobby
Met Pat Eddery on a party boat in Barbados and stayed on the lash with him for 2 days!
Had a pint in Cyprus with David Bowie.
Michael Winner is an arrogant, rude twit when I met in Turkey.
And Gail Tylsley is even uglier in real life! 8)
UTMM

You're pushing the boundaries of credibility there!

Posted by: woodi147, August 30, 2011, 9:00pm; Reply: 77
Not me but the wife has spoken to prince charles
Posted by: barralad, August 30, 2011, 9:23pm; Reply: 78
Sat opposite Patrick Moore all the way from Donny to Town on a train and didn't recognise him until someone asked for his autograph. He has a sister living in Healing (I think) and he was doing a talk at the Cleethorpes Observatory.
Met Peter Snow on a Radio Quiz show I was in a few years ago. Nice chap. His son Dan came to the recording and we had an hours discussion in the Green room about their joint T.V. show on battles.
Posted by: Mariner_501, August 31, 2011, 12:15am; Reply: 79
Quoted from 75

This is true by the way!

Probably my all time favorite footballer. Sad that it's a former United player but yeah :(
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 31, 2011, 7:06am; Reply: 80
Quoted from Mariner_501

Probably my all time favorite footballer. Sad that it's a former United player but yeah :(

Good bloke as well. At the time he had the choice of Milan, Barcelona or Man Utd. I had the choice of the ice lolly factory in Roermond - illegitimate.
Posted by: DNMariner, August 31, 2011, 4:00pm; Reply: 81

You been grooming him Aaron?
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), August 31, 2011, 4:02pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from DNMariner

You been grooming him Aaron?

Im calling Crimewatch.
Posted by: Polish Bloke, August 31, 2011, 4:12pm; Reply: 83
Why? Because he has a 9 year olds number or because he poos in chip shops?
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), August 31, 2011, 5:40pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Polish Bloke
Why? Because he has a 9 year olds number or because he poos in chip shops?

I imagine we can get him sent to a young offenders unit for both, or will his plea of insanity hold up?
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 31, 2011, 8:53pm; Reply: 85
I also remember meeting Jason Donovan on Preston railway station back in the 90's when he looked like a bag of excrement, at the height of his drug addiction.He was wearing flip flops in winter and in a world of his own !
Posted by: BIGChris, August 31, 2011, 9:37pm; Reply: 86
Met a few celebrities over the years, Tony Curtis, Jimmy Tarbuck, Sterling Moss(twit) and had lunch a couple of times with Adam Faith. Met Sir Stanley Rous several times, Sir Walter Winterbottom when very frail and went on holiday with Graham Taylor

Chatted with Kenny Daglish, tried to catch Efan Ekoku and dominated Paul Davis. Punched by Martin Tyler and got drunk with Ray Lewington.

But i have never met 80's glory ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2011, 9:47pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from BIGChris
Met a few celebrities over the years, Tony Curtis, Jimmy Tarbuck, Sterling Moss(twit) and had lunch a couple of times with Adam Faith. Met Sir Stanley Rous several times, Sir Walter Winterbottom when very frail and went on holiday with Graham Taylor

Chatted with Kenny Daglish, tried to catch Efan Ekoku and [/b]dominated Paul Davis.[b] Punched by Martin Tyler and got drunk with Ray Lewington.

But i have never met 80's glory ;)

Much money in that kind of work?
Posted by: upthestripes, August 31, 2011, 11:08pm; Reply: 88
I shared a house for a year with a premierhip and international footballer. True!
Posted by: upthestripes, August 31, 2011, 11:09pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from ginnywings

Much money in that kind of work?

;D
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 1, 2011, 12:02am; Reply: 90
ryan sidebottom and monty panesar and the the grumbleweeds and the real chucklebrothers

if you had said frank sidebottom i would be impressed :)

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 1, 2011, 2:03am; Reply: 91
Quoted from upthestripes
I shared a house for a year with a premierhip and international footballer. True!

Are you going to tell us his name then Ian ?
Posted by: upthestripes, September 1, 2011, 11:01am; Reply: 92
Quoted from grimsby pete

Are you going to tell us his name then Ian ?

His name was Ahmed Fathi, he played for Sheff Utd and was/is a full back for Egypt.
There were always shirts he'd swapped with certain players thrown on the back of our kitchen chairs.
Was weird seeing Mido (eg) playing on TV one day then finding his shirt in our kitchen the next lol.
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), September 1, 2011, 2:54pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from upthestripes

His name was Ahmed Fathi, he played for Sheff Utd and was/is a full back for Egypt.
There were always shirts he'd swapped with certain players thrown on the back of our kitchen chairs.
Was weird seeing Mido (eg) playing on TV one day then finding his shirt in our kitchen the next lol.

Was the Mido shirt XXXXL?

Posted by: upthestripes, September 1, 2011, 3:16pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from 2075

Was the Mido shirt XXXXL?

lol, sorry did I say hanging on a chair, I meant covering the table ;)
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 1, 2011, 3:17pm; Reply: 95
Met Robin Askwith many many years ago when the Pier was council owned and found Jack Smethurst on our settee one night when him and the old man had been on the urine in Cleethorpes the reason why he was there it was either that or getting arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
A few weeks ago spent most of the night with Bez from the Happy Mondays after he did a DJ set in Cleethorpes
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 2, 2011, 3:07pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from the Grimbarian

A few weeks ago spent most of the night with Bez from the Happy Mondays after he did a DJ set in Cleethorpes

I bet that was a chemical evening.

Posted by: aldi_01, September 2, 2011, 5:43pm; Reply: 97
I'm sure he learnt A LOT about chemicals and their effects...

Bez is mental, ive seen him a couple of times...bonkers...
Posted by: upthestripes, September 2, 2011, 11:10pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from aldi_01

I bet Keith Flint is worse though.
Imagine going out on a bender with both of them! Chances of survival?
Posted by: aldi_01, September 3, 2011, 1:10am; Reply: 99
I dunno about Keith Flint, inthink he's just generally bonkers whereas bez, well we all know why he's like he is...
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 4, 2011, 1:03pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from aldi_01

ive met bez found him boring and so up his own bottom it was untrue,ive met 4 of the world cup winning team stiles,hurst,charlton jack and gordon banks all couldnt do enough for the event evening non of which wgere in gy
Posted by: aldi_01, September 4, 2011, 1:43pm; Reply: 101
I'd agree about bez to an extent, I just fun it bizarre that he his famous for being in a band but didn't actually telly do anything. Mental.

There are bands out there with arguably talented people in them but nobody knows who they are yet every knows who bez is, crazy world...

Just remembered, I met Interpol at Leeds in 2002 before they were big and they were alright.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 4, 2011, 2:26pm; Reply: 102
I've met the following "celebs"

Seve (RIP).....I sat across the aisle from him on a flight to Bilbao, the day after Europe had retained the Ryder Cup

Wierd that his picture was plastered across all the newspapers with him and the team celebrating, yet he was totally unassuming and no matter how many people asked for his autograph he obliged every single one of them

On the same trip to Spain I stayed at a hotel in San Sebastian and John Aldridge and his family arrived while I was there. He'd just been transferred from Liverpool to Real Sociedad.

It was a bit surreal because I met his mum in law in the bar first of all and she just said she was over helping out her daughter settling in because her son in law had just got moved over to Spain. No mention it was Aldo at first....seemed more like Brookside on tour!

Once we all met up again then Aldo, me and my mate all went looking to see if we could get him a deal with the local VW / Audi dealer (as at the time I worked for the group)....not sure if anything ever came of it back then. These days no doubt Prem level footballers wouldn't be interested unless you worked for Ferrari  ;)

On my honeymoon in Florida we met Jimmy Greaves and his wife at a steak house....he was really chatty and he was well excited about the Back to the Future ride, telling me I shouldn't miss it. My wife thought I was joking when I said I could hear Greavsie talking at the next table....I couldn't see him because we were sat back to back in a booth and she told me I was just obsessing with footie! As an avid Saint & Greavsie fan though, I knew I was right!

A few others I've met include

David Essex......I always thought he was pretty cool when he was Gonna make you a star etc but face to face he was a bit standoffish.

He was doing a talent show thing in Harrogate and I got in to a lift which he was already in with some leggy blonde. He had his arm around her and in his other hand he had an electric fan (pre-air conditioning days!)

I quipped it was nice to meet David and his fan and he just gave me a really filthy look....not amused at all, so our ascent to the next level was a bit embarrassing

I met Tony Adams coming out of Disneyland Paris and he was telling his son that he was all spent up and that he couldn't afford anything else. He gave me a bit of a wry grin, knowing that I was probably gob-smacked that him on his mega thousands per week had run out of dosh!

I also met Rod Hull when checking in for a flight.....seems like there's a common theme with him as he also told a few autograph hunters to go forth. He went down in my estimation as I thought someone who could give it out on TV would be able to take it when in public. Just a jumped up TW80 imho

Also anyone remember Crossroads? Not sure of this guy's name but his character was called Kevin and he was married to a girl called Glenda. Well after he'd left the show I met him while he was working as a waiter in a hotel in Ramsgate....there he was serving me and a few workmates our full English breakfasts. He said it was quite common for out of work actors to make ends meet like that...felt a bid sad for him really as he was quite a nice bloke whose face obviously didn't seem to fit any more on the soap opera merry-go-round

Finally I have to mention a local "celeb"....Julie Peasgood. Ex Wintringham before becoming an actress and then latterly a sex expert!!! ;) I never ever thought when I used to see her on the way to school, looking all prim and proper all those years ago that she would be telling the nation how to get the best out of doing what comes naturally  ;D
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 4, 2011, 3:51pm; Reply: 103
it comes with the job. Have met, in no particular order

the hoff
ian brown
debbie harry
elliie goulding
ron jeremey
motor mouth jones from police acadmey
the migit from austin powers
florance and the machine
feeder
ed sheran
example
will.i.am
pendulum
chase and status
the charlatans
wigfield
timmy mallet
fearn cotton
scott mills
reggie yates
westwood
trevor nelson
sara cox
jason donavan
tinnie temper
taio cruz
chipmunk
kate nash
supergrass
the venga boys
face from the a team
kano
roll deep
les batersby from corro
most of the hollyoaks cast
half the eastenders cast
prof green
n dubz
goldie lookin chain
the noisettes

loads more but iam board of typing now.  
Posted by: 3024 (Guest), September 4, 2011, 3:52pm; Reply: 104
holy motherfuckiin shitt!!!
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 4, 2011, 3:54pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from 3024
holy motherfuckiin shitt!!!

haha i could easy quadrupedal that list
Posted by: ponnyfan, September 4, 2011, 4:53pm; Reply: 106
I met Tony Adams coming out of Disneyland Paris and he was telling his son that he was all spent up and that he couldn't afford anything else. He gave me a bit of a wry grin, knowing that I was probably gob-smacked that him on his mega thousands per week had run out of dosh!

Probably blew his holiday spends on the 2.30 at Longchamps
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, September 4, 2011, 5:05pm; Reply: 107

haha i could easy quadrupedal that list

Can't believe you forgot/didn't mention Jim Bowen!..... Like how you put 'The Hoff' top as well!
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 4, 2011, 5:14pm; Reply: 108

Can't believe you forgot/didn't mention Jim Bowen!..... Like how you put 'The Hoff' top as well!

haha the hoff had to be top. only MR T could knock him off top spot. i forgot about bowen and roy walker and old wangy hand beadle.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 4, 2011, 5:15pm; Reply: 109

i missed out sree from big brother on purpose  ;)
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, September 4, 2011, 5:25pm; Reply: 110
I forgot about Westwood. Hahahahaha. That was ace seeing him. 'Why are you taking a photo of me blud, is it to show to all your homies back home' is what he said. My reply? Ner mate, I'm gonna send it to some mates with the caption 'We were right, this guy really is a twit'!!!

He wasn't too happy!  ;D ;D
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 4, 2011, 5:29pm; Reply: 111
I forgot about Westwood. Hahahahaha. That was ace seeing him. 'Why are you taking a photo of me blud, is it to show to all your homies back home' is what he said. My reply? Ner mate, I'm gonna send it to some mates with the caption 'We were right, this guy really is a twit'!!!

He wasn't too happy!  ;D ;D

westwood makes me laff. hes sound really. remember one time one of his mates was in a porto loo, and westwood and this massive tyrone he was with pushed it over door side down and ran off.  it did bring a chuckle to my face.

Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, September 4, 2011, 5:35pm; Reply: 112
The bloke needs hitting with a wet brick!
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 4, 2011, 5:37pm; Reply: 113
The bloke needs hitting with a wet brick!

his mate in the porto loo got hit with a few wet bricks  ;D
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, September 4, 2011, 5:59pm; Reply: 114
I bet Tim burgled a few of his 'bricks' afterwards.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 4, 2011, 6:06pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from aldi_01
I'd agree about bez to an extent, I just fun it bizarre that he his famous for being in a band but didn't actually telly do anything. Mental.

There are bands out there with arguably talented people in them but nobody knows who they are yet every knows who bez is, crazy world...

Just remembered, I met Interpol at Leeds in 2002 before they were big and they were alright.

ive met interpol after id been arrested in brussells ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, September 4, 2011, 6:28pm; Reply: 116
My niece owns and runs a TV studio in Liverpool and they have all sorts of celebs and prem footballers in there.I could go and meet no end of them if i wanted but frankly can't be arsed.Most of them are pillocks with money and not much else.
Posted by: bladerunnner, September 4, 2011, 7:19pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from aldi_01
Met Liam Gallagher the other week. Top bloke and was genuinely interested in what i had to say.

Met a few footballers too. Met Clive mendonca who I regard as a hero and not important than just a footballer...

last time i saw clive mendonca he was walking around the boating lake with his missus and kids,he still had time to chat with us about footy top bloke and a true legend in footballing terms.shook the hand of dave"diddy" gilbert in lincoln town centre last christmas,whilst stating at the top of my voice"dave gilbert-grimsby town legend" much to the bemusement of the amassed gimps around him at the time! bernard manning also was a true gentleman who did loads of free gigs in this area and donated all his fee to local charities(a side of him the lefties on here won't acknowledge).
met lee sharpe at schipol airport last year nice bloke,(the wife was creaming and gushing over him) very sad :P
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 4, 2011, 7:50pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from bladerunnner

last time i saw clive mendonca he was walking around the boating lake with his missus and kids,he still had time to chat with us about footy top bloke and a true legend in footballing terms.shook the hand of dave"diddy" gilbert in lincoln town centre last christmas,whilst stating at the top of my voice"dave gilbert-grimsby town legend" much to the bemusement of the amassed gimps around him at the time! bernard manning also was a true gentleman who did loads of free gigs in this area and donated all his fee to local charities(a side of him the lefties on here won't acknowledge).
met lee sharpe at schipol airport last year nice bloke,(the wife was creaming and gushing over him) very sad :P

i saw mannings last gigg in gy at the casablanca,not many there and the material weve all heard a million times...........worth every penny though LEGEND
Posted by: barralad, September 4, 2011, 10:15pm; Reply: 119
Not me but my daughter used to work at the Mercedes garage at Laceby Cross Roads. One day this scruffy bloke with a silly hat on mooched into the salesroom only to get short shrift from the sales manager and shown the door. Cue our lass informing him that said scruff was Jay Kay from Jamiroqui. Cue manager legging it after him. Fortunately he saw the funny side of it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 5, 2011, 5:54pm; Reply: 120
it comes with the job. Have met, in no particular order

the hoff
ian brown
debbie harry
elliie goulding
ron jeremey
motor mouth jones from police acadmey
the migit from austin powers
florance and the machine
feeder
ed sheran
example
will.i.am
pendulum
chase and status
the charlatans
wigfield
timmy mallet
fearn cotton
scott mills
reggie yates
westwood
trevor nelson
sara cox
jason donavan
tinnie temper
taio cruz
chipmunk
kate nash
supergrass
the venga boys
face from the a team
kano
roll deep
les batersby from corro
most of the hollyoaks cast
half the eastenders cast
prof green
n dubz
goldie lookin chain
the noisettes

loads more but iam board of typing now.  

Do you work in the prison service then ? ;)
Posted by: Super Clive, September 5, 2011, 8:02pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from grimsby pete

;D

Good one Pete  ;D
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, September 6, 2011, 11:18am; Reply: 122
I've met the England squad when they used to play at grounds around the country when the New Wembley was being built. The team was dining out at a restaurant in Darlington, before the game v Slovakia (I think) at Middlesbrough's Riverside ground the next day. I was only young though, was amazing for a young fan!
Posted by: BIGChris, September 6, 2011, 5:08pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
The team was dining out at a restaurant in Darlington, before the game v Slovakia !

Wow!

Those England stars sure live the high life!! ;)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, September 6, 2011, 6:13pm; Reply: 124
The restaurant in question is a shithole. Horrible food, knobhead staff and just plain shite.
Posted by: upthestripes, September 6, 2011, 8:15pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
The restaurant in question is a shithole. Horrible food, knobhead staff and just plain shite.

The England players must have felt right at home then.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 6, 2011, 9:03pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from grimsby pete

either that or iam a drug dealer?  ;)

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 7, 2011, 7:39am; Reply: 127

either that or iam a drug dealer?  ;)

I don't think prison service and drug dealing are mutually exclusive.
Posted by: Youngy, September 7, 2011, 9:58am; Reply: 128
I've once travelled between Coventry and East Kilbride in Scotland in the same car as former WWE champions Mick Foley and D L Brown when I worked for a promotions company. Also met Bret 'Hitman' Hart, CM Punk, Rey Mystero, Eddy Guerrero, Terry Funk and various other American/WWE wrestlers through that job (plus Audley Harrison who boxed like a wrestler)

Also met Ray Parlour at Darlington train station before our first game of the season when we was relegated from league 1, nice bloke and was intrested on how we was getting on (as he was mates with Jason Crowe)

Met Matt Bellamy from Muse at the bar at Rock City and bought him a drink after Muse's set, very pleasent and well mannered

Stood next to Stan Collymore watching Rufus Wainwright at Glastonbury, he was copping off with a really ropey looking older woman

At the same Glastonbury I met Tramp from Soccer AM who was bizarrley partying with another lad in a Town shirt and Martin Gritton

Also at Glastonbury I was stopped my Jim Godwin (lead singer of the Doves) who was at the time barrating a Wayne Rooney flag on a tent. He saw me wearing a Town shirt, shook my hand and told me I was a proper football supporter for following Grimsby. Add to this that he was hammered and it was 4am made it quite a bizarre experience
Posted by: topuphere666, September 7, 2011, 10:47am; Reply: 129
I went out with Ray Clemence's niece around 7 years ago, and I was also seeing the Daughter of Gary Hart - the Selby rail crash driver, whilst he was inside. My little claims to fame! haha
Posted by: CairnsMariner, September 7, 2011, 3:39pm; Reply: 130
I got ratted a few times in Benny from Crossroads' pub in Brummagem.
Met Sir Garfield Sobers (I've a photo of us somewhere) in Sydney - he surprised me by recalling playing at Cleethorpes a few times
Saw Emile (what do you want to make those eye at me for?) Ford in the back lounge of The Greystoke [pub] in North Ealing; still smiling and enjoying his music after all those years and despite playing to about 15 of us!
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 7, 2011, 5:17pm; Reply: 131
When I was a teenager, a few of us had a boat on the broads,

Moored up at Yarmouth next to us were, Roy St Clair and his brother Tony,

They were british champion wrestlers,

AND   AND !!!!!!!!!!

They had a NAKED woman on their boat. ;D  8)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 8, 2011, 10:09am; Reply: 132
I met David Sullivan , King of Porn , at Newmarket races when I was about 13 . He was with a stunning blonde about a foot taller than him in the highest of heels and a tiny pink dress . And she caught me staring at her !!
Posted by: ponnyfan, September 9, 2011, 12:10am; Reply: 133
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I met David Sullivan , King of Porn , at Newmarket races when I was about 13 . He was with a stunning blonde about a foot taller than him in the highest of heels and a tiny pink dress . And she caught me staring at her !!
Dirty little t**t! ( Well done ) ! 8)

Posted by: gtfczak, September 9, 2011, 2:55pm; Reply: 134
I've had a pint with michael reddy and his mrs in the trawl, i met john obi mikel and salamon kalou at stamford bridge. i saw alan connell outside a spar, and i used to play football with daryl clare and his son when i was younger
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, September 9, 2011, 3:55pm; Reply: 135
I used to drink in the same pub as Scott McGarvey - he always got me free tickets for ant Town game in the NorthWest!
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 9, 2011, 4:05pm; Reply: 136
When I came up for the match against Burnley a few years ago,

Steve Gritt sat next to me, he was scouting for Millwall ( who we played the following week )

We had a really good chat about footy in general and he was surprised that I had recogised him.

He was very impressed with Boulding who scored 2 that day in a 3-0 win.

BUT

IT AIN'T FECKING 10 YEARS AGO NOW , IS IT. ?   :(
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 9, 2011, 4:38pm; Reply: 137
The Queen waved to me once. :o :)
Posted by: Super Clive, September 9, 2011, 5:25pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from grimsby pete
The Queen waved to me once. :o :)

Whs.

I was eating my Xmas dinner at the time though so  couldn't wave back  ;)
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 10, 2011, 9:30am; Reply: 139
Quoted from grimsby pete
When I came up for the match against Burnley a few years ago,

Steve Gritt sat next to me, he was scouting for Millwall ( who we played the following week )

We had a really good chat about footy in general and he was surprised that I had recogised him.

He was very impressed with Boulding who scored 2 that day in a 3-0 win.

BUT

IT AIN'T FECKING 10 YEARS AGO NOW , IS IT. ?   :(

3-1 win Pete, they scored a late goal. My first ever game, I loved it. But it was all downhill from there :(
Posted by: killingholmemariner, September 15, 2011, 11:38pm; Reply: 140
Shared a lift with Raimond van der Gouw, I was quite young, Met the wombats singer in Leeds, Ian 'The Machine' Freeman and Ross Pearson (Both ufc fighters) in Brigg, it was Ross Pearsons first fight! Thats about it
Print page generated: June 2, 2024, 8:26am